Sponsored

That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone planning a SAS?
Eventually. I'll let other people figure the nitty gritty out, and just drive it like a car to work for a while first.

Assuming Jeep doesn't wow us with something they've been working on for the last 25 years.
Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, it's not a bad looking set of bars for a factory cage. I definitely prefer it painted black like on the 2D reveal truck versus body color. My only complaint really is that the cross bar is so far back. It looks like it could use a spanner behind the front seats similar to where the Wrangler's is placed. Maybe the aftermarket will offer a solution there that doesn't interfere with taking the top off but adds a little more rigidity. The 4D, especially, has a long span without any additional cross support.
I know what you are saying regarding a center crossbar must be stronger than none, but I am sure Ford engineered the entire structure to survive a rollover (at least to the same extent as the Wrangler). I had a JKU about 10 years ago and hated that center cross bar. It made the interior feel claustrophobic especially the back seat. If the Bronco had a center bar I would not buy it. I plan on taking the tops off and enjoying the view more often than rolling that bad boy. But if someone is a hardcore offroader I could them enhancing the "sport bar" setup, just as they should with the Wrangler.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe the curtain airbags are in the seats.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the curtain airbags are in the seats.
I thought so too, but it looks like there are also ones above the B pillar. Maybe for the back seats?

Ford Bronco That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door. bronco-airba

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eventually. I'll let other people figure the nitty gritty out, and just drive it like a car to work for a while first.

Assuming Jeep doesn't wow us with something they've been working on for the last 25 years.
I think Jeep is going to go one of two ways with the 392. Either it’s going to be absurdly cheap and a great deal, or absurdly expensive and not worth it.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think Jeep is going to go one of two ways with the 392. Either it’s going to be absurdly cheap and a great deal, or absurdly expensive and not worth it.
Given Jeep's history, I think we all know that answer. ;)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given Jeep's history, I think we all know that answer. ;)
I wouldn’t be so sure. I’m inclined to think it’s going to be insanely expensive but they have to realize that’s gonna piss some people off. If they make it a sub-$10k option I could see it selling pretty well.

I just think it’s the wrong engine. 5.7 hemi at a $4k premium would sell like hot cakes.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wouldn’t be so sure. I’m inclined to think it’s going to be insanely expensive but they have to realize that’s gonna piss some people off. If they make it a sub-$10k option I could see it selling pretty well.

I just think it’s the wrong engine. 5.7 hemi at a $4k premium would sell like hot cakes.
Jeep's always fine with pissing a few people off. :LOL: If offered, it will sell. As we've seen here, there is a group of people that have to have a V8. Fine, I have to have a stick! #savethemansquatch

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummmmm, if not removable I do know that Harbor Freight has an angle grinder on sale for 10 bucks. ;):)

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow this thread really came back from the dead. **insert the undertaker gif here**

My only complaint really is that the cross bar is so far back. It looks like it could use a spanner behind the front seats similar to where the Wrangler's is placed.
This is why the B and C pillars look the way they do. To replace the structural rigidity that was lost with no b pillar crossbar. Like stated earlier by @fomoco, a common complaint with the wrangler is that the crossbar is too obtrusive and Ford specifically designed it this way to address that complaint.
Sponsored