Sponsored

That many people really hate the soft tops?

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There was a thread recently with photos of test Broncos on the streets, including a Rapid Red 4-door Base. I have tried hard but can’t find it. Anyone?

If I switch to 4-door I will “downgrade” from BD to base to keep price within budget. Considered Base anyway, so that’s not a downgrade to me, but I want to see how it will look.
Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is weird, if I liked in the lower 48 I would have ordered my with a soft top. But needed the hardtop for cold Alaska winters.
im ordering the fastback with my Ford pass points! 😎👍

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is weird, if I liked in the lower 48 I would have ordered my with a soft top. But needed the hardtop for cold Alaska winters.
im ordering the fastback with my Ford pass points! 😎👍
My experience with a softtop Jeep Wrangler in the South is that with the top up it is EXTREMELY hot inside during summer. The A/C can't keep pace. However, in the winter, the heater is so hot it will cook you as well.

MJedi209

Black Diamond
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopars
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may be one of the few who is only going with this vehicle because of the soft top. I live in Central Cali, and the summers can hit 110, the winters 20s-30, but that's not the norm. The reality for me, is I want to be able to drop the top on the ride home from work without having to worry about dismantling or storage. As much as I would love to say I'll completely remove the top on every sunny day, that's a lie.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont like convertibles, though I have owned 4, they have just been the best car for the job. a 1st and 4th gen MIata, a samurai that had a hardtop on it.

Sponsored

bbkat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For people who need hard tops: Why not just save ~$695 (and untold months waiting for Ford) on your 4D build and try to buy a hard top aftermarket?

I want a white hardtop to go with my cactus grey build. When I found out it wouldn't be available at launch, I made my peace with the decision to go soft and find a white top later.
This is me. I struggled with the MIC top knowing a white top was rumored in MY22. I had the MIC on order and then I saw the dealer demo soft top. So much easier to roll it back and forth whenever I need to. A must for me in So Cal. Plumbing not a big deal for me. After seeing the CG in person, I think the white top will match up nice.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My experience with a softtop Jeep Wrangler in the South is that with the top up it is EXTREMELY hot inside during summer. The A/C can't keep pace. However, in the winter, the heater is so hot it will cook you as well.
My buddy moved up here with a wrangler with a soft top and his was pretty could in the -0 to -20 or colder.
Materials act funny when it’s well below zero, don’t need any failures at those temps.
Maybe his heater was shit? Its also a lot cheaper to get a soft top to Alaska than a hardtop.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with the softtop after seeing the video on the soft top and hard top. Since I don't have a garage, it will be way easier to take the top down on the soft top and I don't need to find a place to store the top.

The backup plan if I hate the soft top is to buy a painted white hard top once they become available. I assume installing the wiring/fluid lines will be possible. I'm not killing myself over it though, the rear wiper has been near-useless in every car i've had it in.
Good point

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking at the stats on the forum for how many submitted orders include only the soft top. 5.4% total out of 3,117 submitted: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📊-submitted-bronco-orders-tracking-list-stats.11453/.

And Ford wants people to switch to it from the MIC top. Lol. Good luck. Not sure how they’re gonna produce any Broncos of a significant number this year with so few soft tops and so many MIC tops ordered.
Been there done that will never own another soft top just look at all the wranglers and gladiators out there no one is buying soft tops anymore

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There's only been a few folks actually preferring the soft top, most seem to resort to it to speed up their bronco production. I've never liked soft tops, reminds me of using a hefty bag for a top.

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove my soft top to Cleveland then back the next day. Soft top is livable. A little noisy but surprisingly quiet. It didn't even get broken into and it was Cleveland.

I would still rather have a welded in metal top like the defender but beggars cant be choosers.

Although I hear the hard tops squeak and rattle more than the softies.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Atlantic Canada, where it snows often and is quite cold in the winter and I really wish I could have found a hardtop w/ a manual transmission, but I was lucky enough to walk into a dealer without pre-ordering and will be driving away with my 4 door badlands tomorrow (at sticker price, no less), so I can't really complain.

Told the dealer to price me out a hard top, but from reading on here and Bronco Nation, it doesn't look like that's likely to happen any time soon.

I did not know that the soft top vehicles did not come with hookups for wiper/defrost from the factory and the dealer never mentioned it either, so that kind of annoys me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only had my Bronco for a few days now but I fucking love the soft top.
I did not know that the soft top vehicles did not come with hookups for wiper/defrost from the factory and the dealer never mentioned it either, so that kind of annoys me.
If it was built after 8/30 then it has the hard top prep kit.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hate is too easy of an adjective on my true feeling for the flappy top.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only had my Bronco for a few days now but I fucking love the soft top.
If it was built after 8/30 then it has the hard top prep kit.
Unfortunately the BLEND on the sticker shows 07/20 :(
Sponsored