Sponsored

That many people really hate the soft tops?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford could probably triple the take rate if they included the hard top hook ups. Maybe more than that if the windows weren’t wrinkled on every single one. That said I still think I’m going to change my order to soft top to try to get a July build. My main purpose is to drive with the top off, so soft top is the most usable anyway...I can figure out plumbing later if I ever feel the need to add a hard top.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure the conclusion that people hate the soft top can be drawn based on order percentages. As mentioned, the wiring/plumbing seems to be the main factor in the take rate. For others, it comes down to Webasto. I think there is a growing percentage of buyers that have lost confidence in anything that Webasto is producing. If Ford offered a Bestop Twill soft top at the corresponding offset on costs, I think more would be inclined to opt for the soft top alone.

For some buyers, the wiring/plumbing is a non factor. The tiny swipe of the rear wiper is useless and a defroster for those that live in the lower latitudes is equally worthless. For buyers in the southern states, if they could get a Bestop twill soft top instead of the current factory options, I would guess the soft top ordering percentage would be much greater.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think the soft tops look good unless they are opened up.

As a 2 dr guy, I will probably try to get something like this on the aftermarket. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/skymaster-hardtop-jeep-wrangler-jk Maybe even something that allows the roof rack to stay on and easily unfurl for easy access?

It really depends how user friendly the roof panels and doors are to remove.

MSP-Sky-Master-for-hardtop-twill-jk-open-half-fabric-top-angle.jpg

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that and the 2 door isn’t even an option so they’ve pigeon holed themselves into this mess.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

As a 2 dr guy, I will probably try to get something like this on the aftermarket. https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/skymaster-hardtop-jeep-wrangler-jk Maybe even something that allows the roof rack to stay on and easily unfurl for easy access?

Ford Bronco That many people really hate the soft tops? MSP-Sky-Master-for-hardtop-twill-jk-open-half-fabric-top-angle
That’s a cool top, looks expensive though. Agreed on the soft top, they’re ugly.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco That many people really hate the soft tops? MSP-Sky-Master-for-hardtop-twill-jk-open-half-fabric-top-angle
Bestop has the twill sunrider in the accessories list. Still requires the Jenga hard top from Webasto, but with the 2-dr, you have some confidence that the rear clamshell is one piece.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Plus I’ve yet to see a soft top for a 6G that I’d be willing to purchase. 4D rear access tilt is janky and those side windows are not going to last & the 2D fastback is just a hard no.
Just out of curiosity - why don’t you think the side windows will last? The clips?

Last edited:

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the driving force in that low percentage is you must order the mic to get the wiring/tubing for rear defrost and wiper. I am guessing the 5.4% don’t understand this.
No, I assumed as much when I order my soft top. Didn’t want a hard top so it doesn’t effect what I wanted.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford could probably triple the take rate if they included the hard top hook ups. Maybe more than that if the windows weren’t wrinkled on every single one. That said I still think I’m going to change my order to soft top to try to get a July build. My main purpose is to drive with the top off, so soft top is the most usable anyway...I can figure out plumbing later if I ever feel the need to add a hard top.
Wonder if the tilt up feature on the soft top is causing the window wrinkles. I know @Ramble_Offroad thinks that feature Is janky, and it certainly adds weight, but it is more convenient than unzipping the rear window and in clipping the tailgate bar and tossing it up over the top each time you want to put something in back. However it may reduce the longevity of the rear and side windows.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Even though I'm waiting for a white HT I'd be happy with a 2 door softtop and be done.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched and here’s why:
-don’t want to wait until 3rd-4th Quarter 2202 to get my Bronco as per dealerinsider.
-Love the ability to flip open the top on the go
-love the black color better than MIC with my color. If MIC black was an option I would maybe wait.
-Found a solution to carry a kayak with the soft top
-there will be many people in the future selling their MIC tops when other options become available. Or better yet buy the MIC Shadow Black when it comes available in a few years
-the wiper and rear defroster are meaningless. I never used it on my cars. Besides if you get the toggle switches you should be able to use the rear connection line to provide power to the top. I’m sure aftermarket shops will also have something.

Good luck in your decision making.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I
I was looking at the stats on the forum for how many submitted orders include only the soft top. 5.4% total out of 3,117 submitted: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📊-submitted-bronco-orders-tracking-list-stats.11453/.

And Ford wants people to switch to it from the MIC top. Lol. Good luck. Not sure how they’re gonna produce any Broncos of a significant number this year with so few soft tops and so many MIC tops ordered.
don't think "hate" is the right word. Who wouldn't enjoy a top down drive? But, I prefer a hardtop and maybe later get a soft top...from the jeeps and Miatas I've owned, the hard top is the more difficult item to get later. Finance the hard top now with a new vehicle and then get the soft top.

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Th
The rear wiper is way over hyped but especially this one on the Bronco. Have you seen the size of it? have you seen the area it actually wipes? its a JOKE!
THIS ^ .
I drive a Tundra with a cap on it, No Wiper ! I do just fine. Sure, a small wiper would help.
When I'm able to install the lines (we will) when I eventually order my MIC or buy one off someone, I'll be happy. And yes, will eventually rock a hard top Nov-May.

That said, seeing the 5% I switched to a SoftTop. I went from #14 at my dealer (With first 3 hour res after site came back up) to the only Bronco pulled so far. My June 7 build week is unaltered as of Friday. I'll take a summer and fall in MA enjoying it before I worry about snow and garaging.
4Dr BD. SAS. AB. ST!
Sponsored