Sponsored

That many people really hate the soft tops?

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I lived someplace where it didn’t snow and it wasn’t freezing or well below for 7 months of year, soft top all day long. But I do not see the benefit for me to go soft top only when 90% of the time, it wouldn’t be done anyway.
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft tops are pretty hard to look at unless they are rolled up, so yes. Lol

awall422

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know, you see plenty of soft-top jeeps in MA all winter long. If they had been able to make a 2nd row hard top that was also in 2 pieces like the front, i would have chosen that, but i want to be able to have the area over the front and rear seats open easily without having to leave a section at home.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the driving force in that low percentage is you must order the mic to get the wiring/tubing for rear defrost and wiper. I am guessing the 5.4% don’t understand this.
I understand completely what I will be getting, what I won’t be getting, how much I’ll be saving, and how much more convenient it will be with the softy. Can’t speak for the others.

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rear wiper and defrost are really over-rated. As a jeep owner I can tell you the rear window is about useless as a viewport with the tire mounted back there.

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget that you can’t even get the soft top with the two door. Baffling I know.
That is puzzling considering the two doors will probably see more hardcore trail time.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I lived someplace where it didn’t snow and it wasn’t freezing or well below for 7 months of year, soft top all day long. But I do not see the benefit for me to go soft top only when 90% of the time, it wouldn’t be done anyway.
I live in North Central Wisconsin. For me a hard top was never even an option. Soft top only and I’ve never had a problem or a regret with my soft top JKs or TJs or Mustangs.

Ulysses

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll be purchasing one once some nice aftermarket options come out, just prefer hardtop as the primary option.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is puzzling considering the two doors will probably see more hardcore trail time.
I’d like to see that research...I don’t think that holds true if you look at Jeep as an example, it seems like almost all of the ones I see on trails are 4 doors these days.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The take rate would explain why my day 3 soft top reservation got pulled when it was 200% out of the dealers allocation range.

After seeing the soft top in person I think Ford did a good job and the wife commented that she liked it and we should probably get one. Although, that was probably self preservation as we have been caught numerous times in the rain without the (hard) top on the Jeep.

I assume those that consider not having the rear elec and wash hook-ups a deal breaker have never ridden in a Jeep with a 35" tire on the back. That rear window is about useless and the wiper cleans about half of the little corner of glass you can actually see out of.

Sponsored

Johnnymo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Buick Verano, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to really stick to my guns on the soft top and my dealer really pressed hard the no connections thing. I could care less about the connections, and being in my 50"s, have owned several vehicles without them. Backup cameras cure a lot of issues with that anyway. Indiana weather is too variable to trust taking off a hard top and not get stuck in a down pour. I thought the soft top felt and looked great when I went to the dealership Bronco event. Earlier scheduling would just be the cheery on top.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was looking at the stats on the forum for how many submitted orders include only the soft top. 5.4% total out of 3,117 submitted: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📊-submitted-bronco-orders-tracking-list-stats.11453/.

And Ford wants people to switch to it from the MIC top. Lol. Good luck. Not sure how they’re gonna produce any Broncos of a significant number this year with so few soft tops and so many MIC tops ordered.
Yes... hate soft tops. That's all. Move along people.