Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife demanded a vehicle that can hold 7 COMFORTABLY, thus I went with the 4 door.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I can live out of a 80 liter backpack for a week, I can live like king out of the back of a 2Door. Less is more kids. Less is more.
I've done a near week long car camp/road trip out of a Camaro... Just have to be smart with what you take.

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For my wife and myself, whether a Jeep Wrangler or Bronco, the 2 door is the only choice. Unfortunately the average consumer does not have a clue to lightweight camping. These days it's all about RTT's, snorkels, slide out drawers, and complicated cooking setups.

Kind of sad actually that the 2 door is not as popular. The social media's strong presence and marketing of overpriced junk, has led to the "overland movement". Simple camping has become a complicated and overweight endeavor.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For my wife and myself, whether a Jeep Wrangler or Bronco, the 2 door is the only choice. Unfortunately the average consumer does not have a clue to lightweight camping. These days it's all about RTT's, snorkels, slide out drawers, and complicated cooking setups.

Kind of sad actually that the 2 door is not as popular. The social media's strong presence and marketing of overpriced junk, has led to the "overland movement". Simple camping has become a complicated and overweight endeavor.
It is true, marketing has a lot to do with the RTT craze. However, the entire RV industry has been promoting the “bigger is better” approach. They tie that approach to the belief you are stretching your dollar when you can include leather lounge chairs and a fake fireplace for a small markup in your fifth-wheel RV.

The difficult part for the average consumer is to accept how smaller/lighter gear may not be cheaper. It may be built for a specific purpose.

The first time I pulled my Hilleberg Staika tent out of my ocean kayak and pitch it in a rainstorm on a granite ledge overlooking Columbia Bay in Alaska is when I discovered how that tent is worth every penny.

My purpose-built Badlands 2-door will be worth every penny for my intended use. I suspect, for many consumers, that realization can only be embraced after they "live large" and understand the concept of "spending more and enjoying it less"!

ollie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is true, marketing has a lot to do with the RTT craze. However, the entire RV industry has been promoting the “bigger is better” approach. They tie that approach to the belief you are stretching your dollar when you can include leather lounge chairs and a fake fireplace for a small markup in your fifth-wheel RV.

The difficult part for the average consumer is to accept how smaller/lighter gear may not be cheaper. It may be built for a specific purpose.

The first time I pulled my Hilleberg Staika tent out of my ocean kayak and pitch it in a rainstorm on a granite ledge overlooking Columbia Bay in Alaska is when I discovered how that tent is worth every penny.

My purpose-built Badlands 2-door will be worth every penny for my intended use. I suspect, for many consumers, that realization can only be embraced after they "live large" and understand the concept of "spending more and enjoying it less"!
Well said "To Be Determined"!! Sometimes light stuff does costs more. For guys like to and me it's worth it to not have the headaches of complicated and time consuming setups while camping and traveling.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love both of my Hilleberg tents. Also love my REI kingdom tent as well as my canvas hot tent that would fit an entire pygmy village.

The correct tools get picked for the task at hand.

Which is why I need two Broncos. Why can't my wife see this as clearly as I can??

Ford Bronco The 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch Is Worth The Hype tent

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife demanded a vehicle that can hold 7 COMFORTABLY, thus I went with the 4 door.
Well, your wife is going to be disappointed, since the Bronco will only seat 5 comfortably.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, there's no third row? :)
You... You dirty dog. You just get right out of here! RIGHT OUT!

:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: jxc