Sponsored

The 2022 Bronco Club.. What next? Disappoint or Happy?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are some reasons why you might be excited about getting a 2022 vs. 2021?
Aftermarket will be up, you can see 2 door vs. 4 door, you can see what the actual top looks like, you can see different packages and how they actually look, different colors, etc. I really don't see any disadvantages.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is very nice to hear how so many of you are very positive and making the best of the situation. I hope they keep Velocity Blue for the 22 model. I do not think there will be a Big price increase for many reasons.

Personally, I think why I am sad / disappointed and a little angry with how Ford has handled this. See points:

1. Once they knew how many people ordered the Bronco in the first 3 DAYS(Over 150,000), they should have stated then the the likely hoop of any one after the 15th of July would get a 2022 model.
2. Even if the delay did not happen (6-8 weeks at most) there was NO WAY IN HELL they would have been able to produce $100,000. The suggested September 18th cut-off was completely misleading!!!!
3. Still, I am very excited about getting Bronco and its has been great being apart to the BRONCO G6 community.

THINKING OF GETTING THE BRONCO.. HAS BEEN THE BEST DISTRACTION FROM CORONA!!

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You make I good point. At the end of the day, no matter what you do, some people will be disappointed. I get it. However, the disappointment is really a build up over all the excitement of this Bronco and less to do with Ford handing of it. I am still very excited and look forward to driving my Bronco next year!!

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My first reservation is 1 August so I was always thinking I'd be getting a 22. With all the late availability items and limited color roof choices I'm glad I was already planning to wait. I'll probably use my second October reservation from Granger as the one I'll actually convert. Summer of 2022 would be ideal for purchasing. By then I'll have a residence in a no sales tax state which will save me the California 10+ percent sales tax. Combine that with the better deal they've offered it's a $10K saving over buying sooner.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

18 months from now? I doubt that anyone will be waiting six months into 2022 as there will be dealer stock too by that point.
I don't know... it's Jan... In 12 months they would have just started making the 22s and would have 100k reservations or more still to go.. so summer of 22 would be 18 months from now.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know... it's Jan... In 12 months they would have just started making the 22s and would have 100k reservations or more still to go.. so summer of 22 would be 18 months from now.
If they build 70K this model year in six months, start producing by December, then they could produce another 70K which would mean they achieved a phenomenal 70% conversion ratio. If they had 100K actually waiting, then they would have a money-printing 85% conversion ratio.

I don't think it will be the case, so I still doubt it. I think a lot of people just wanted something to give them hope after several months of a pandemic.

Even if they mix in dealer stock and there are enough reservation holders still on the hook to last until the end of June 2022 some people are going to see those dealer stock units and refuse to wait. If I'm wrong and they achieve a 70-85% conversion rate, then I will buy @EvlNvrDys McD's.

Jarmo Karhu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer had my hopes up when he encouraged me to "go ahead and order soon" even though I told him that I had unavailable options. He didn't realize that I meant Mansquatch. But, now that my disappointment has returned to normal:

I am very content waiting until MY22. Aside from mansquatch, and being able to actually see what certain options are actually like (MIC tops, B&O sound, etc), I am really excited that my dream combination of a blue body and white top could be thing.

Plus, we will know more about aftermarket parts, and might be able to order less expensive options/packages from Ford, and get what we really want from others.
Ford Bronco The 2022 Bronco Club.. What next? Disappoint or Happy? 1611551825097
Ever since the first renders, before the full reveal, I wanted blue with white top. I refuse to pay 60k for MIC top & flares plus the terrible interior options for BL, WT & OBX. I’ll be placing a MY21 order for all of the late availability equipment and I may just pull the plug and go for MY22. I’m a 7/14 res holder

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really wanted the first year of issue but I’d be damned to buy a vehicle not exactly as I wanted. Say whatever you want but Ford screwed us over if you got in on a day one or day two reservation. Just one more supply shortage in any basic area and Ford will declare the first year of production 2022 even if they are made this year.

Deleted member 18388

Yes. Im really hoping that they maybe throw us 2022 model year guys a bone. Let us build and price our 2022 with mansquatch. Or at least let us know the new colors and other options for the 2022.

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My worst 2022 fear would be if they dropped the 4.27 w/rear locker option on the Outer Banks.
Anything else I can live with.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only issue....price WILL BE INCREASED
What the are the unknows for MY22 ?
Price increases
vehicle prices go up every year usually bye 1000 dollars or so but if you already got your price for 2021 and sighned it will be honored if you get pushed to 2022 unless you choose an option that will make your build go up in price like white top
TRUE.
Ford has already said that if you have a reservation before March 19th, there will be NO price difference for your Bronco. This has been discussed at length in the forum.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...omplimentary-sound-deadening-headliner.14292/
Sponsored