Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Okay, I finally got out to see the Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray. I wasn't planning on posting any pictures since we have so many on the site already, but I'm going to do it to show a comparison.

First off, the color was as I expected and I like it. It is not that color shown in the pictures on the bike rack thread. That's either the camera making it look like a dark gray or it's a different color. It's also not the dark day causing that look. It's a crappy dark day in Seattle too and I did not see anything that looked like that color on the Sport.

Second, there were two Sports in Cactus Gray on the lot and one was body color top, while the other a gloss black top. If I go cactus, I am definitely doing the black top. I think the color looks wonderful with black accents around it everywhere.

The first two pictures are similar to some we've seen on this site. One looks really green, the other a very flat grey. Neither is accurate. The third picture is what the color looks like (assuming you have a color accurate monitor or phone). Any pictures you see on the site that look like that third shot, that's the color.

There ya go. My 2 cents that nobody asked for. And I don't give a shit what Rick Astley has to say about it. :D

A bit too green in this pic.
Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 20210108_125117

This is the exact same color. (Can you believe it?)

Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 20210108_125158

This is what it actually looks like to my naked eye. Notice the gray and silver cars in the background.

Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 20210108_125056

Here's a random gray car in same lot, same lighting conditions.

Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 20210108_125435

p..s. On my way home I saw an FJ Cruiser in gray. I'll post an internet picture that looks like what I saw. A true gray.

Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread toyota gray
Sponsored

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I saw it it was mostly sunny, but of cloud, and the Sport was half in the shadow of a sign and half out. The sun was behind it. All three of your photos are accurate to what I saw. :ROFLMAO:

I agree, though, that your third photo is the best representation of the overall colour.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ditto on the Black Mod Hardtop. If I go with Catus Gray it will definitly have the Black Hardtop. Bummer on the late availability, but worth the wait IMO.
Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 1cb4faa2ecffced03e21e096746a6b44

Last edited:

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto on the Black Mod Hardtop. If I go with Catus Gray it will definitly have the Black Hardtop. Bummer on the late availability, but worth the wait IMO.
Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 1cb4faa2ecffced03e21e096746a6b44
I too want a black top, but I would prefer it to be MIC dull black not shiny shadow black paint.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I too want a black top, but I would prefer it to be MIC dull black not shiny shadow black paint.
I'm going to assume that is sarcasm.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to assume that is sarcasm.
? donut call me sarcastic ?
Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 34EC6D0E-498B-4E3B-86CC-55F5E71C6EAA

I would prefer hard top that matched fenders and all other black plastic. Not mic grey or mod shiny black.

And Squatch preproduction 2 door cyber with no engine had one.
Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread B5FF80F0-FCCF-4F7D-AFFE-97F8E0A147B3

(it looks black here to me)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I personally prefer the shiny black hardtop. As it'll match the shiny black grille and mirrors.
Ford Bronco The 27th Cactus Gray thread 8bbee89d08fff7252cf238adfe22959f

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have personally yet to see one in complete sunlight as most dealers around us have them up front by the front doors and they’re all cast in shadows but I’m still hoping to see that soon but it’s ? percent our color choice unless that new green sways us!

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw it it was mostly sunny, but of cloud, and the Sport was half in the shadow of a sign and half out. The sun was behind it. All three of your photos are accurate to what I saw. :ROFLMAO:

I agree, though, that your third photo is the best representation of the overall colour.
I GOT TO SEE IT ON A RANGER, LOOKED GOOD BUT I AM STILL BETWEEN IT AND AREA 51, AND I AM SUPPOSED TO ORDER TODAY. DON'T THINK EITHER IS WRONG............

Sponsored

Biteyk9s

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I GOT TO SEE IT ON A RANGER, LOOKED GOOD BUT I AM STILL BETWEEN IT AND AREA 51, AND I AM SUPPOSED TO ORDER TODAY. DON'T THINK EITHER IS WRONG............
I had the same dilemma and ended up with Cactus. I really like A51, but it came down to what color I'll like more in 2-3 years. Tough choice for sure, and you can't go wrong.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love the color because its different and I have a feeling my wife will wind up getting a Bronco Sport in Area 51 since its pretty close to what she had on her 2010 Escape that was in denim blue.
Sponsored