Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can throw after market UCAs and a spring perch lift on the Bronco and get all the belly clearance you need to match the Jeep with it's 2" lift (solving the OPs original issue
BS. The Sasquatch with us had that 2" lift, spacers front and rear, and struggled every bit as much. Have you even looked under a 6G and saw how low it hangs? Double that and you'll finally start being somewhat competitive.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes you can fit 35s on a stock JL Rubi you really can't wheel with them (you're going to rub doing anything).
So 35’s with no modifications is not an accurate statement
33’s it is
Sure, if you're judging the need for modification on 1% of use case. I have two friends in JLURs stock everything except 35" KO2s on stock rims. They wheel the hell out of them, all over Colorado and Utah. But go ahead and pull out that tiny fractional situation to try to prove your point. (y)(y)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just going to go ahead and say it (nicely):

If you expected a Bronco to do 100% of what a Jeep does then you aren't very smart.

If you expected a Bronco to be buildable to do the hardest 15% of trails then you aren't very smart.
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. missed

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everybody else on that trail with similar size tires had no issues because
they had far more belly height.
This is the sneaky subtext to “comes from the factory with 35’s” which everyone gushed over when the 6G was released. That’s the tire size you need to install in order to go head to head with the wrangler rubicon on 33’s.

I also wonder if the “desert runner” bonafides was partially a marketing decision to explain away the clearance issues for rock crawling.

As a Great Lakes region flatlander, 33’s on my base will do everything I need it to (farm lanes and forest roads). But it’s gotta be frustrating to the rock crawlers among us.

Jim@WILDHORSES

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1966-2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the dents on my 6G are underneath. I like the challenge of this new lower clearance rig. Add some good rocker protection and go have a good time. Here's some crawling in sand hollow.

Jim

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure, if you're judging the need for modification on 1% of use case. I have two friends in JLURs stock everything except 35" KO2s on stock rims. They wheel the hell out of them, all over Colorado and Utah. But go ahead and pull out that tiny fractional situation to try to prove your point. (y)(y)
Why make absolute statements?
You made it I didnt
I agree the bronco won’t run with the jeep

I also think a stock JLUR is shitty at long distance driving to the trials…. And I couldn’t imagine a lifted one. I saw a guy at ajeep event ask a JLUR owner in 38”s if it rode as well as stock. It can’t. By definition it’s all a trade off. Everything is.

but that’s my personal experience of 6800 miles over three weeks, 12 states from Louisiana to Wyoming to Moab and elsewhere

I just want it (my bronco) to see the US. Travel and enjoy the rest of my life.

But I agree with a few comments. If I want to rock crawl exclusively I’ll build/buy a buggy or sxs and a trailer to haul it

all I’ve ever built and owned was driveable off road vehicles

some with 39” tires and some on 31’s.

im older now and honestly still enjoy all the ingenuity and work I see people try and do

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did Ford really need to make this boat anchor X-member in their premier offroader (see 5:03)

Haha hung up his are barely touched. Mine are flattened from Drummond island. It is a shame Ford couldn’t keep these even with the rest of the frame. Skid plates barely touched. I’m going to have to get after a high clearance version of these cross members. My warranty needs to expire before I start cutting things up tho.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BS. The Sasquatch with us had that 2" lift, spacers front and rear, and struggled every bit as much. Have you even looked under a 6G and saw how low it hangs? Double that and you'll finally start being somewhat competitive.
The B6G doesn't hang any lower than any other off road vehicle, the bottom is always the frame rail (unless something is hanging below the frame rails like the transfer case on the B5G). What differs is the verticle distance between the bottom of the frame rail and the axle center line (a suspension lift modifies that) and half of tire height. I don't know what the exact difference is but I'm sure we can find it.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really curious to see what the RCLT from marlin crawler will do. IT my help you @Tricky Dick but still no ETA
What is the RCLT? If it's a smaller fuel tank than yes.

The B6G doesn't hang any lower than any other off road vehicle, the bottom is always the frame rail (unless something is hanging below the frame rails like the transfer case on the B5G). What differs is the verticle distance between the bottom of the frame rail and the axle center line (a suspension lift modifies that) and half of tire height. I don't know what the exact difference is but I'm sure we can find it.
Yeah there's a few things hanging below the frame.

PXL_20221004_000702661.jpg

PXL_20221004_000742245.jpg

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because it doesn't require any modifications to run 35s.

Here's 46 pages of people doing exactly that. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-rubicon-on-35s-no-lift.7290/
Fascinating link
First and last pages both show aftermarket rims. So I lost interest.

I ll take your word that the middle pages are FULL of stock JLURS with no other modifications running 35’s

stock means stock

and no other modifications means none.

stop stating facts and then backpedaling on them

just say ‘it doesn’t take a whole lot to run 35’s on a jlu or even the JLUR of you don’t mind some rubbing, some trimming or some aftermarket wheels

I know it’s hard. But try it
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.