Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JL gas tank hangs down almost the exact same.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fascinating link
First and last pages both show aftermarket rims. So I lost interest.

I ll take your word that the middle pages are FULL of stock JLURS with no other modifications running 35’s

stock means stock

and no other modifications means none.

stop stating facts and then backpedaling on them

just say ‘it doesn’t take a whole lot to run 35’s on a jlu or even the JLUR of you don’t mind some rubbing, some trimming or some aftermarket wheels

I know it’s hard. But try it
Whatever man. You're the one trying to justify the argument, not me.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW I thought I was back in early 2020 around here. There was talk like this every night, all night. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It's been so long since I have used it and it will take to long to find my chair throwing gif. 😁

First I will say this..................

The same rocket scientists that thought it would be "ok" to use Ranger tie rods on the Bronco is the same guy who said "oh, these will be just fine right there"

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. 20220417_152641

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will also say this.......you cannot compare a SFA to IFS. They work totally different. A SFA will act as a lever push up on one side the other goes the opposite. Push the same way on an IFS and ONLY that side moves it does not force any motion to the other side. Like a bird flopping its wings.

see pic below it may explain my point a bit better.........

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. axle travel

So another point I feel I should make. The gas tank is midship. Not a good thing for the breakover angle. Problem is we have to have the tank midship for safety reasons. One could move his tank to the rear cargo area but then one would not have a spot for the plug in cooler. :cautious:

Oh, I see a lot of Ultra4 talk here. For those that watch you know.

A Can-AM, a side-by-side, competes with SFA, well built chassis and they will hold their own. The Bronc is an overgrown side-by-side, by that I mean it will act very similar to one. LOTS of hanging the tires. LOTS of skid plate use. It is the nature of the beast.

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. ifs-vs-sas

For now that last thing I will point out is this ..................................

This 👇👇 is a Ford product in case some of yous do not know and it has a SFA. ;)

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. 1664844066281

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. 1664844079186

Last edited:

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lots of pages to get to this point. Let's see some pics of Bronco's rock crawling.
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG_5870.JPG
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. CE72037D-F4B5-4D3C-AD9C-486F788EEB31
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG_6631
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG_0129
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG_3770
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG_1454
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG_8840

Laredo

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not the IFS that's the problem, is the ground clearance.
Right. The 6G ground clearance has nothing special. Let's talk stock suspensions - no lift kits. The factory 2Dr 6G with Sasquatch has about the same clearance as an early gen 4Runner with 33's added, which people bought 30 to almost 40 years ago. Big Deal

6G was developed as a desert runner. Stock 6G Broncos have scored podiums in Baja 500 !
Now that's somethin !

Rock crawling is silly . . :D

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is RCLT?????

A Taco with BIG tires........ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

:LOL: Will for now it's for the burrito people 😋but it's RCLT HD stands for Rock Crawling Long Travel, Heavy Duty, and is the very first Long Travel IFS Kit specifically designed for the Rock Crawler.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW I thought I was back in early 2020 around here. There was talk like this every night, all night. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It's been so long since I have used it and it will take to long to find my chair throwing gif. 😁

First I will say this..................

The same rocket scientists that thought it would be "ok" to use Ranger tie rods on the Bronco is the same guy who said "oh, these will be just fine right there"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will also say this.......you cannot compare a SFA to IFS. They work totally different. A SFA will act as a lever push up on one side the other goes the opposite. Push the same way on an IFS and ONLY that side moves it does not force any motion to the other side. Like a bird flopping its wings.

see pic below it may explain my point a bit better.........

So another point I feel I should make. The gas tank is midship. Not a good thing for the breakover angle. Problem is we have to have the tank midship for safety reasons. One could move his tank to the rear cargo area but then one would not have a spot for the plug in cooler. :cautious:

Oh, I see a lot of Ultra4 talk here. For those that watch you know.

A Can-AM, a side-by-side, competes with SFA, well built chassis and they will hold their own. The Bronc is an overgrown side-by-side, by that I mean it will act very similar to one. LOTS of hanging the tires. LOTS of skid plate use. It is the nature of the beast.

For now that last thing I will point out is this ..................................

This 👇👇 is a Ford product in case some of yous do not know and it has a SFA. ;)

For old times sake
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. PSBNOU

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is, but just comparing to other 35" class vehicles it's bad at it.
I see your problem, you aren't using your winch to pull the rocks out of your way. ;)

The Bronco is really a brilliant off-roader, but it is most definitely not a rock-crawler. Put the Bronco where it shines and it puts so many other vehicles to shame, but rock-crawling is not the 6G's strong suit.

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. IMG-38283e0b4f07adc7d491c5f7a9ab6767-V

o

Of course, a non-sasquatch OBX on 33's is still more capable than people might think.

Last edited:

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the dents on my 6G are underneath. I like the challenge of this new lower clearance rig. Add some good rocker protection and go have a good time. Here's some crawling in sand hollow.

Jim

Great statement, “I like the challenge of a lower clearance rig”. I feel exactly the same way just never thought of it that way. Had a Toyota on 46” and a few buggy’s it just wasn’t as much fun as the 6G on 37”. Here’s my stock Badlands on the rubicon this spring.
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. 14524740-4B4C-4DDB-81A4-CFFCE7F7305A

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lots of pages to get to this point. Let's see some pics of Bronco's rock crawling.
Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. 14524740-4B4C-4DDB-81A4-CFFCE7F7305A
Lifting tires looks cool in photos, but it's counter productive. Every change I've made is in an effort to keep the tires on the ground where all the traction is. The Bronco is tight as is and needs quite a bit of limbering up.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And out comes Big Mike's RCLT mall crawler. People seem to push that IFS can compete with a solid axle in the rocks. The only IFS that is better than a built solid axle is the custom king of the hammer IFS and it's big money/maintenance. Solid axles have really come a long ways in the last 10 years with cv joints and solid trunion bearings.

Bronco are to new to say if they have good IFS. No clue on how long the front end will last before bearings and steering rack wear out. People who haven't wheeled IFS don't realize they have to swap out most the front end every 25k to 75k miles. My 96 Chevy 1500 on 35s was a front rebuilt every new set of mud tires.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:LOL: Will for now it's for the burrito people 😋but it's RCLT HD stands for Rock Crawling Long Travel, Heavy Duty, and is the very first Long Travel IFS Kit specifically designed for the Rock Crawler.

Like the Bronc.......designed, built, and tested in.........................Johnson Valley. I remember when MC had first come out with that at KOH. Ran it a couple of years before releasing for sale. That was on a 4-runner as well :unsure: Falken tire sponsored........... can't think of the name.

I sure hope they build something for the Bronc. It needs something like this. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.