Status
Not open for further replies.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
5:07-5:29
:ROFLMAO:
Driver error. Just pick the perfect line and use as little throttle as possible. It "ALWAYS" works (and you won't break any parts, ever).. :p
Sponsored

Sponsored

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going to go out on a limb here and state , considering what you did go over. The ground clearance for bronco without serious major mods over stock sasquatch. You actually did pretty well. Comparing it to an extreme modded vehicle with 35's and just using the tires as a reference when its clearly not the tires that is the issue as much as the other parts hanging down. Not really a justified argument. Once there is enough mods on the market to have a bronco body and chassis and then everything else aftermarket. Then you will see it be equal to anything else out there that is extreme.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say set realistic expectations.

We went in with this new Bronco knowing full well that it wasn't going to be anywhere even close the rock crawler that my old Tundra was, but I also had about twice the money into the Tundra as we do the Bronco. My Tundra was 10x better of a rock crawler than my old '74 Bronco on 37's was, but again, I spent the money to make it so.

I think the 6G will make a fine trail rig, after spending years doing trails that were 500 yards long and took all day and several welders to make it through, I personally look forward to just having a nice trail rig that's pretty good at most stuff.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I say set realistic expectations.

We went in with this new Bronco knowing full well that it wasn't going to be anywhere even close the rock crawler that my old Tundra was, but I also had about twice the money into the Tundra as we do the Bronco. My Tundra was 10x better of a rock crawler than my old '74 Bronco on 37's was, but again, I spent the money to make it so.

I think the 6G will make a fine trail rig, after spending years doing trails that were 500 yards long and took all day and several welders to make it through, I personally look forward to just having a nice trail rig that's pretty good at most stuff.
Have to ask, but I think I know the answer. Same 01Tundra from the old Pirate days, took it on UA in what, 09?

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got any pictures of the tundra?
Love the first gens, have two of them.

Sponsored

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have to ask, but I think I know the answer. Same 01Tundra from the old Pirate days, took it on UA in what, 09?
Yes sir!

'08 & '09 Ultimate Adventures

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes sir!

'08 & '09 Ultimate Adventures
Still have your build thread saved, shame photobucket ruined so much of it. Always loved that rig, fantastic build.

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still have your build thread saved, shame photobucket ruined so much of it. Always loved that rig, fantastic build.
I know, I still go back to remember things I did and all the pictures are gone...sucks.

The new Bronco is "hers"....although I couldn't resist and started picking at it this week :LOL: .

So far I've only added Buckin' Barz tie rod braces, RCI sliders, Engel fridge mount and Diode Dynamics bumper pocket lights.....I'm trying really hard to not do much more to it..........and all my friends are placing bets to the contrary.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to agree, there's better options for a rock crawler. The ground clearance just isn't there without dropping a lot of cash.

But, I do believe it's one of the better suited vehicles for trail driving and exploring. I enjoy the cabin space, ability to modify, lockers, ect. Not to mention wonderful on the road.

I've built mine for that purpose. Pavement time and exploring the open desert. Love it!

Ford Bronco The 6G really isn't a rockcrawler. 11
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.