The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I placed my Reservation for the 2021 Bronco back in July. Such an awesome vehicle. I've always wanted an open air experience 4x4 and the Jeeps where always too much money for what they offered or should I say didn't offer. You have have to step all the way up to a Rubicon $50k just to get what a Basequatch will give you at $36k

I have so many plans for the new Bronco. Super excited.

There's one problem though. A dark uncertain cloud called Covid-19 looms over us all. And who knows if we'll really get our Bronco in 2021. The manufacturering may get halted and Some of us will get pushed into 2022. Unfortunately I can't wait that long.

So with any uncertainty and weakness the Devil likes to step in. In this case its in the form of a HellCat Challenger. It has always been my dream Muscle car. And right now Dodge is offering like $7,800 off msrp.

It's crazy because its literally the Angel vs the Devil on my shoulder scenario. The Bronco is the Angel because its more practical and will be the perfect vehicle for the Northeast. Plus I love the outdoors, Off-roading and camping.

The Challenger on the other hand with 717 horses and is wicked awesome and available now. I can get it now. And I'm also big into Muscle cars and that whole lifestyle. I've had more then I can count and its literally my addiction. I miss my 2015 Sublime green Scat Pack so much.

Who knows how long we'll see HellCats at this price. Its not a common scenario. Im guessing its because of Covid-19. Ive never seen a sale on them like this before.

Anyway im definitely leaning towards the Bronco but the Hellcat is calling my name like the Hell spawn that it is tempting me every step of the way. How the Hell can I make it a year? I think in need an exorcism!! ???
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

200w-gif.gif

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same boat, but I’m looking at a new Subaru STI. While yes, the Bronco is definitely a smarter choice, but that STI has been something I’ve wanted for so long. It’s less reliable and probably worst on gas, but I’ve had a thing for them for so long.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not that I can't wait, both my vehicles are paid for and running fine. The Bronco was to be the "fun" vehicle for retirement. Traveling and doing things like dunes and Moab. But I know what you say about the Challenger. I keep looking at the C8 and comparing the cost to what a Bronco might be. Tempting to just order a base C8. Love muscle cars as well.

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Taking a step back here..

If your logic is that Hellcats are x amount of cheap because of covid, then wouldn't the delay of the bronco (due to covid) mean that hellcats will stay x amount of cheap for the same foreseeable future?

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not worried about Covid and I know that Ford with get the vehicles out. My supervisor has a friend that works at Ford and was planning on retiring this year and she postponed her retirement because of the Bronco.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Taking a step back here..

If your logic is that Hellcats are x amount of cheap because of covid, then wouldn't the delay of the bronco (due to covid) mean that hellcats will stay x amount of cheap for the same foreseeable future?
Not necessarily. I think the Hellcat pricing will be a limited time probably for the next couple months but they are already made and at the dealerships. The Bronco won't be built until next April and who the Hell knows how bad Covid-19 will be by then. Or on the flip side they come out with a miracle Vaccine thats 100% effective and well never see Hellcat pricing like that again. But at least the Bronco will be built.

But who knows. The point no matter what happens there's going to be uncertainty going the Bronco route. All I know for certain right now i can get a Hellcat for a good price. The other route is uncertain for sure.

A year is a long time to wait for a vehicle that you don't even know if you'll get it in that time frame or not.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It would be overly difficult to daily a Hellcat in PA winters. You have your Harley for summers.
I know. Trust me I know. Lol.. For that reason I definitely want the Bronco. But the Hellcat being my dream muscle car is just so dam tempting at the current price.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you got your reservation on Day 1, go for the Hellcat.

If you got your reservation after Day 1, go with the Bronco.

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would also check to see what insurance runs on the Hellcat

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you got your reservation on Day 1, go for the Hellcat.

If you got your reservation after Day 1, go with the Bronco.
Sorry didn't reserve it day one. It won't move you up if I go Hellcat. Lol..

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question... have you ever had a vehicle with 700hp?

My personal experience with cars that fast isn't exactly great. They suck to drive on the road. Most people don't know how to drive them on the track. And they're more of a novelty than anything.

Are they cool? Yes.

Are they useful? Depends on if you're a professional racing driver.

It all comes down to this... Would you rather go to a track on a random Friday night and get embarrassed by a '95 GMC Jimmy "sleeper", or would you rather go spend a week in the mountains exploring God's wonderful creation?
Sponsored