Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First and foremost, I think many (not all) in the Jeep camp forget competition is good for everyone. Without the Bronco, I don't think they have the 392 or the Extreme Recon. Plus any improvements going forward. I think without a doubt the Bronco rides much better than the Jeep. I think "with" a doubt the Jeep articulates better. There's been such a vocal chorus that the Bronco can't flex, that we've just accepted it without really investigating. Because of past technology and IFS it was easy to give Jeep that one...

But I was watching Town & Country when they said the Bronco was designed with more articulation than the Jeep...I about came out of my seat to hit rewind since I was sure I heard it incorrectly. When I heard it again I had to fact check. I knew the stock Bronco has done several Bajas, and I knew it had been to KOH, heck I've watched all the testing videos on the Rubicon and Moab, but I couldn't believe someone said the Bronco articulated more than Jeep... well, I found this and just wondering what others think (keep in mind competition is good and both are exceptional vehicles)

Per autoweek.com
Ford says with the front bar disconnected two-door models to score an RTI of 700 on a 20-degree ramp. And four-door models are projected to score a lower RTI of 620. So, compared to the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited which scored 693, a Bronco’s articulation is very close. (The Rubicon score is with stay bar disconnected also)

In extreme situations I still expect the Jeep to flex more, but I don't see it as pronounced as some would lead you to believe...
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In extreme situations I still expect the Jeep to flex more, but I don't see it as pronounced as some would lead you to believe...
Why would it suddenly flex more in an extreme situation compared to the ramp test? The flex is the flex...and Badlands is a bit better stock. That said, the advantage of the Jeep comes in the ability somewhat easily add a longer travel suspension that gains a lot more articulation than a stock Rubi.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you mind posting the article from autoweek.com?

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would it suddenly flex more in an extreme situation compared to the ramp test? The flex is the flex...and Badlands is a bit better stock. That said, the advantage of the Jeep comes in the ability somewhat easily add a longer travel suspension that gains a lot more articulation than a stock Rubi.
I figure since they used a 20% ramp, it's possible that Jeep starts to surpass the Bronco at a steeper ramp. Although it wouldn't leave room to surpass much...

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do recall reading about this earlier. It's a paper victory, because nobody serious about articulation is going to leave Jeeps stock, and once you start lifting the articulation goes up massively.

But that's not my reason for buying the Bronco, I'm buying it for what it can do stock, the fact that I can leave it alone, in a reliable factory configuration, and have the best jack of all trades ever made.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember seeing these numbers last summer and wondering why the 2-door scores better than the 4-door. Anybody?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SFA has an advantage over IFS outside of articulation. When a SFA wheel drives over an obstacle the rest of the axle moves up and away from obstacles. When an IFS wheel drives over an obstacle, the spring compresses, and the rest of the front end gets closer to obstacles . I think this may be a bigger issue than articulation, but I'm still all in.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does this mean I can park with my front tire up on the front of another Bronco or on a Jeep at the mall now?

Ford Bronco The articulation is there for the Bronco 1626726271040

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First and foremost, I think many (not all) in the Jeep camp forget competition is good for everyone. Without the Bronco, I don't think they have the 392 or the Extreme Recon. Plus any improvements going forward. I think without a doubt the Bronco rides much better than the Jeep. I think "with" a doubt the Jeep articulates better. There's been such a vocal chorus that the Bronco can't flex, that we've just accepted it without really investigating. Because of past technology and IFS it was easy to give Jeep that one...

But I was watching Town & Country when they said the Bronco was designed with more articulation than the Jeep...I about came out of my seat to hit rewind since I was sure I heard it incorrectly. When I heard it again I had to fact check. I knew the stock Bronco has done several Bajas, and I knew it had been to KOH, heck I've watched all the testing videos on the Rubicon and Moab, but I couldn't believe someone said the Bronco articulated more than Jeep... well, I found this and just wondering what others think (keep in mind competition is good and both are exceptional vehicles)

Per autoweek.com
Ford says with the front bar disconnected two-door models to score an RTI of 700 on a 20-degree ramp. And four-door models are projected to score a lower RTI of 620. So, compared to the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited which scored 693, a Bronco’s articulation is very close. (The Rubicon score is with stay bar disconnected also)

We’re missing what a two door Rubicon will do to complete the picture, and yeah easier on a Jeep to go bigger in this department, but my 2 door Badlands will flex!