Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lincoln MKZ/1999 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Merry Christmas to me!

But before I start this, I want to express my condolences to everyone still waiting on their broncos. As a July 14th, 2020 reservation holder, this ride has been hell and my stop finally arrived. Godspeed to the lot of you feverishly refreshing this forum day-in and day-out just to scratch that itch. Your day will come and oh what a relief it will be.

Now, on to the fun part. It’s here! After the long, arduous wait, I finally took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2DR. My intention with this post is to put a spotlight on this specific setup as I found it hard to come across posts of other fully optioned 2DR Wildtraks, especially with the new HOSS 3.0 suspension.

Specs/Options
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
2.7L V6
Cactus Gray
Lux Package
Hoss 3.0
Roof Rails w/Crossbars
HD Modular Steel Bumper
Brush Bar
Tube Steps
Towing Capability
Keyless Entry Keypad

First, a quick timeline of my experience just for context:

•Reserved on July 14, 2020
•Continued waiting to place order until Modular Hard Top was available
•Found out mod top still not available for 2023 (still sad about that) and this was the last year reservations would be honored
•Ordered 10/25/22
•Scheduled week of 12/5/22
•Rescheduled to week of 12/12/22
•Built 12/15/22
•Shipped 12/17/22
•Delivered 12/21/22

Now, I will say, I feel like I got insanely lucky with the timeline of events for my order. My salesman told me that’s the fastest turnaround he has seen for a bronco, even faster than regular non bronco orders. So I wouldn’t consider this to be in line with many others timelines. This was just my experience and I think being a holdout from a July 2020 reservation and being less than 10 hours away from MAP is what helped me.

My initial impressions of the driving experience are fantastic. The only other bronco I have to compare to is a 2DR Outer Banks without the Sasquatch package, so I can’t really speak too much on the full difference between the Bilsteins and the Fox shocks as it’s not apples to apples. With that said, this thing floats. It’s so smooth over anything I’ve driven over so far, which isn’t much and almost entirely pavement. However, any bump I’ve encountered in the road seems so insignificant and the bronco stays settled. The one bit of non-pavement I have driven over is the drainage ditch at the end of my driveway and even though that wasn’t intentional (covered in snow and couldn’t see driveway), it felt inconsequential.

As far as handling goes, it feels very direct, especially for what it is. I’m coming from a 2014 Lincoln MKZ, and it is not as tight as that, but not far off. It is far more responsive than the other truck based suv I have it to compare to which is my 1999 Ford Expedition. I’m honestly just surprised at how sporty it feels given it’s a short wheelbase body on frame suv on 35s.

As far as power/performance goes, I haven’t really put my foot down yet as it’s not been broken in, but I can tell you the 2.7 in the 2DR feels plenty adequate. I can update with more impressions on this aspect once I’m through the break-in period and it’s not -2 degrees outside.

Lastly, I want to address just how much space there is in this thing. I am 6’4” and 300lbs and I have plenty of both headroom and legroom. In fact, I don’t even have the seat in the furthest back position. I have ridden in a wrangler before and it felt so claustrophobic compared to this. The extra width of the actual cabin is utilized very well and I am very comfortable. I did specifically choose the 2 door for two main reasons. I prefer the look and proportions over the 4 door by a substantial margin, but the second reason being the extra length in the doors. With the 4 door having shorter doors to accommodate the extra set, I was afraid my head would be directly in line with the B-pillar since I knew I’d have to have the seat pretty far back because of my height. With the 2 door, the doors are much longer, which also means the windows are much longer. Lateral visibility is fantastic, but the short, upright windshield does make me feel like I may have to crane my neck just to see certain stoplights.

Overall, I am smitten with this thing so far. I feel like I’m driving a real life toy car and I love it. My time with it has been incredibly short so far, but I did already manage to do a couple donuts in the snow-dusted, empty parking lot next to my house (couldn’t resist the opportunity after not owning a RWD vehicle in over 10 years). If any of you have anything I could specifically answer or want me to elaborate on, I will do my best to do so. And again, to anyone still waiting, stay strong, it will be worth it. And to everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Ford Bronco The Best Christmas Present Ever: 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door Delivery 3F5040F9-ABC1-4CAD-8498-DDDF916095EE

Ford Bronco The Best Christmas Present Ever: 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door Delivery 3575E446-4E1E-4BE3-8663-74AB0A517E21

Ford Bronco The Best Christmas Present Ever: 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door Delivery 1285C862-E656-4590-A533-A000DEEDA989

Ford Bronco The Best Christmas Present Ever: 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door Delivery 3C98E474-1933-40CC-AB41-41A66E95979E

Ford Bronco The Best Christmas Present Ever: 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door Delivery 2290289C-F88B-434B-AA63-C2A7C40A7BE2
Sponsored

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulations! Certainly an awesome Christmas gift, too bad it took that long. Mine was delivered three days after I retired, I guess it’s all in the timing!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Merry Christmas and congrats!

That’s an amazingly fast delivery. Guess being in Indiana helps. :)

2020 Res, 2 Dr Badlands Squatch, built on 11/23 and no idea when it’ll really arrive to me in Georgia, but your rig looks awesome and those are some wonderful snow pics.

I do live vicariously through you until my delivery date with a lot of others from my build week.

Happy for you and stay out there and after it!

Vern

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats. Just got mine on 12/14 so it was a very welcome early Christmas and birthday (12/17) present. It looks great but I may be prejudiced (I got cactus gray also). You are right after ordering a 21, 22 and finally getting a 23 it was worth the wait and sticking with my order.

Sponsored
OP
OP
paulbunyanrings
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Merry Christmas and congrats!

That’s an amazingly fast delivery. Guess being in Indiana helps. :)

2020 Res, 2 Dr Badlands Squatch, built on 11/23 and no idea when it’ll really arrive to me in Georgia, but your rig looks awesome and those are some wonderful snow pics.

I do live vicariously through you until my delivery date with a lot of others from my build week.

Happy for you and stay out there and after it!
Thank you! Yeah I couldn’t believe how fast it got here. With the holidays and all, I was realistically thinking the middle of January. Needless to say I was not ready but very pleasantly surprised. Hopefully yours follows a similar pattern!

OP
OP
paulbunyanrings
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats. Just got mine on 12/14 so it was a very welcome early Christmas and birthday (12/17) present. It looks great but I may be prejudiced (I got cactus gray also). You are right after ordering a 21, 22 and finally getting a 23 it was worth the wait and sticking with my order.
Well happy belated birthday and Merry Christmas!
I started to see several eruption green rigs pop up in town and began second guessing my choice, since that color looks so good in the sun. But once I saw the cactus gray in person it reassured me I made the right choice. The contrast between the paint and trim helps a lot to highlight the design and the subtle color of cactus gray makes it interesting.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice ride, congrats!

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats! Awesome turnaround!! BTW, You must have a RARE FWD Expedition?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree 100% about the longer doors on the 2 door for us big guys. I’m also 6’4” but 325# find the Bronco a good fit. I have to drive my boss’s 2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 door sometimes, it really is tiny and uncomfortable.

OP
OP
paulbunyanrings
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats! Awesome turnaround!! BTW, You must have a RARE FWD Expedition?
lol the model I have is either A4WD, 4H, or 4L. It’s always in 4 wheel auto unless you switch it to high or low range. No capability to switch it to 2H. Which has been both a blessing and a curse, reliable in any weather, but absolutely destroys the mileage. I get a whopping 5mpg in that old, unmodified puppy.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ahh, didn’t know that, I see the '99 Expedition does not have All Wheel Drive (awd). It has a part time transfer case that is automatically shifted to 4wd HI when a difference in speed front to back is detected by speed sensors. So technically it should be 2wd if not slipping …they are just gas guzzlers no matter. Anyho, enjoy the bronco!!

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Merry Christmas to me!

But before I start this, I want to express my condolences to everyone still waiting on their broncos. As a July 14th, 2020 reservation holder, this ride has been hell and my stop finally arrived. Godspeed to the lot of you feverishly refreshing this forum day-in and day-out just to scratch that itch. Your day will come and oh what a relief it will be.

Now, on to the fun part. It’s here! After the long, arduous wait, I finally took delivery of my 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2DR. My intention with this post is to put a spotlight on this specific setup as I found it hard to come across posts of other fully optioned 2DR Wildtraks, especially with the new HOSS 3.0 suspension.

Specs/Options
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
2.7L V6
Cactus Gray
Lux Package
Hoss 3.0
Roof Rails w/Crossbars
HD Modular Steel Bumper
Brush Bar
Tube Steps
Towing Capability
Keyless Entry Keypad

First, a quick timeline of my experience just for context:

•Reserved on July 14, 2020
•Continued waiting to place order until Modular Hard Top was available
•Found out mod top still not available for 2023 (still sad about that) and this was the last year reservations would be honored
•Ordered 10/25/22
•Scheduled week of 12/5/22
•Rescheduled to week of 12/12/22
•Built 12/15/22
•Shipped 12/17/22
•Delivered 12/21/22

Now, I will say, I feel like I got insanely lucky with the timeline of events for my order. My salesman told me that’s the fastest turnaround he has seen for a bronco, even faster than regular non bronco orders. So I wouldn’t consider this to be in line with many others timelines. This was just my experience and I think being a holdout from a July 2020 reservation and being less than 10 hours away from MAP is what helped me.

My initial impressions of the driving experience are fantastic. The only other bronco I have to compare to is a 2DR Outer Banks without the Sasquatch package, so I can’t really speak too much on the full difference between the Bilsteins and the Fox shocks as it’s not apples to apples. With that said, this thing floats. It’s so smooth over anything I’ve driven over so far, which isn’t much and almost entirely pavement. However, any bump I’ve encountered in the road seems so insignificant and the bronco stays settled. The one bit of non-pavement I have driven over is the drainage ditch at the end of my driveway and even though that wasn’t intentional (covered in snow and couldn’t see driveway), it felt inconsequential.

As far as handling goes, it feels very direct, especially for what it is. I’m coming from a 2014 Lincoln MKZ, and it is not as tight as that, but not far off. It is far more responsive than the other truck based suv I have it to compare to which is my 1999 Ford Expedition. I’m honestly just surprised at how sporty it feels given it’s a short wheelbase body on frame suv on 35s.

As far as power/performance goes, I haven’t really put my foot down yet as it’s not been broken in, but I can tell you the 2.7 in the 2DR feels plenty adequate. I can update with more impressions on this aspect once I’m through the break-in period and it’s not -2 degrees outside.

Lastly, I want to address just how much space there is in this thing. I am 6’4” and 300lbs and I have plenty of both headroom and legroom. In fact, I don’t even have the seat in the furthest back position. I have ridden in a wrangler before and it felt so claustrophobic compared to this. The extra width of the actual cabin is utilized very well and I am very comfortable. I did specifically choose the 2 door for two main reasons. I prefer the look and proportions over the 4 door by a substantial margin, but the second reason being the extra length in the doors. With the 4 door having shorter doors to accommodate the extra set, I was afraid my head would be directly in line with the B-pillar since I knew I’d have to have the seat pretty far back because of my height. With the 2 door, the doors are much longer, which also means the windows are much longer. Lateral visibility is fantastic, but the short, upright windshield does make me feel like I may have to crane my neck just to see certain stoplights.

Overall, I am smitten with this thing so far. I feel like I’m driving a real life toy car and I love it. My time with it has been incredibly short so far, but I did already manage to do a couple donuts in the snow-dusted, empty parking lot next to my house (couldn’t resist the opportunity after not owning a RWD vehicle in over 10 years). If any of you have anything I could specifically answer or want me to elaborate on, I will do my best to do so. And again, to anyone still waiting, stay strong, it will be worth it. And to everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Ford Bronco The Best Christmas Present Ever: 2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door Delivery 2290289C-F88B-434B-AA63-C2A7C40A7BE2

Congrats!