First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems that the Real Truck tire department just wanted to list all of the tires they have available for sale. I think they even made up some categories just to get more tires listed.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on what I am seeing from those in other parts of the country, the same could be said of Broncos.
Spot on. I think tire manufacturers are in a pinch based on market demand.

Everyone wants the most "aggressive" looking tire but wants grand touring levels of performance on the highway. Trying to thread the needle with the right tread and sidewall pattern is the name of the game. Whoever develops something that looks like an MT without the noise and wet traction issues wins!

Magnitude Flow

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good read? If you're an imbecile. Just an ad nothing more. Synopsis, these are our best selling tires, these are our cheapest tires. Oh, and maybe some tires we are having a hard time moving.....We here at RealTruck don't give a fuck....about you, just your money.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do enjoy articles like this... But it's important to note that advertising money is almost ALWAYS influencing the outcome from media sources like this.

I sell tires as a consultant for a medium volume offroad shop. I do tires on over 100 Jeep, Bronco and trucks every year. So it's just my opinion, but I do get to see what brands have balancing issues, out of round tires and need warranty replacements more than most people.

But it's still just my opinion... I'm going to give them "some" credit as the list is not far from mine.

They put the Ridge Grappler as best "on road" A/T. I disagree, it's the best off road A/T. But it's the absolute worst A/T in the rain. Wet weather traction is well below all of the other tires on their list. And it's not 3PMSF rated like the others.

They have the Toyo ATIII as the best all around A/T. I would list it 3rd... It does most things well, but not as good as some others in most categories.

The Falken AT3W is listed as best winter A/T. For me, this is the best all around A/T. It does everything in the top 2 of all the tires listed. Best winter, second best on road, second best off road, etc. Literally no weakness.

BFG KO2 as all around runner up... Good all around tire and yes, my runner up to the Falken. My biggest complaint is they run smaller than the other tires in like size comparisons. But they are good in winter, good on road and good offroad. Just not the top in any of the categories.

Then they have the LTX... Yes, it's the best on road, but it's an M/S tire and not to be confused with a true A/T.

They don't include my favorite "on road" A/T and that is the Cooper AT3 4S. It's the best on road A/T and doesn't give up too much off road. And it's also good in Winter. It doesn't look very aggressive, but it's a good tire.

The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T is becoming more popular by the day and I think it's a good tire in all categories, but I find they ride a little firmer than the Falken or BFG, so not my favorite.

Just my opinion as someone that does a lot of tires... For what it's worth, In my Jeep club, I have the nickname "tire slut"....

Enjoy!!!!
How about the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015?

Sponsored

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had Ko2, Toyo at3, the pirelli scorpion all terrain plus, but the tire that doesn’t ever get mentioned is the cooper at3 xlt .
I prefer it to all the above. It may not look as tough but it’s quieter, better on wet pavement, and far less noisy.
are these Coopers only available in E load range? I was looking to avoid them as to not harshen the ride, but I'm likely going to be doing a lot of pavement and forest service road type driving for the time being, so these seemed like a viable option.

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe in the bigger sizes yes but I’m not sure. What sizes are you looking at?

WildtrakBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

stock 315-70-17 for my Wildtrak.

I did just find BFG KO2 for $275...I am reallllly thinking about that now :LOL:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about the Yokohama Geolandar AT G015?
I have not done a set of G015's on a Jeep or Bronco. I have run them personally in the past and thought it was a decent tire on a 2wd SUV. If you weren't going to do any offroad, a good streetable A/T.

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It is available in a LR-C. That's one of the things that makes it desirable. But the KO2 is also a great tire. You really can't go wrong with either. The Falken is a little heavier and taller than the KO2.

28030777LT315/70R17C6113/110S

Bronco56

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Grey Badlands Lux 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If i go up in size, i would consider this because the weight is low. My 305/70r17 cooper's weigh 61 and they are 34x12

msujay2012

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Best Off-Road M/T - Mickey Thompson Baja Thompson M/T ($331 at Realtruck.com)
Best Budget M/T - Milestar Patagonia M/T ($444 at Realtruck.com)

confused-nerd-steve-brule-eixtr1f0qii8fthl.gif

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do enjoy articles like this... But it's important to note that advertising money is almost ALWAYS influencing the outcome from media sources like this.

I sell tires as a consultant for a medium volume offroad shop. I do tires on over 100 Jeep, Bronco and trucks every year. So it's just my opinion, but I do get to see what brands have balancing issues, out of round tires and need warranty replacements more than most people.

But it's still just my opinion... I'm going to give them "some" credit as the list is not far from mine.

They put the Ridge Grappler as best "on road" A/T. I disagree, it's the best off road A/T. But it's the absolute worst A/T in the rain. Wet weather traction is well below all of the other tires on their list. And it's not 3PMSF rated like the others.

They have the Toyo ATIII as the best all around A/T. I would list it 3rd... It does most things well, but not as good as some others in most categories.

The Falken AT3W is listed as best winter A/T. For me, this is the best all around A/T. It does everything in the top 2 of all the tires listed. Best winter, second best on road, second best off road, etc. Literally no weakness.

BFG KO2 as all around runner up... Good all around tire and yes, my runner up to the Falken. My biggest complaint is they run smaller than the other tires in like size comparisons. But they are good in winter, good on road and good offroad. Just not the top in any of the categories.

Then they have the LTX... Yes, it's the best on road, but it's an M/S tire and not to be confused with a true A/T.

They don't include my favorite "on road" A/T and that is the Cooper AT3 4S. It's the best on road A/T and doesn't give up too much off road. And it's also good in Winter. It doesn't look very aggressive, but it's a good tire.

The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T is becoming more popular by the day and I think it's a good tire in all categories, but I find they ride a little firmer than the Falken or BFG, so not my favorite.

Just my opinion as someone that does a lot of tires... For what it's worth, In my Jeep club, I have the nickname "tire slut"....

Enjoy!!!!
@Pressurized thanks for the info, super helpful as I was considering the Coopers because I spend all my time on pavement and a few beach runs. Any info on the Nomad Grappler that was my other consideration

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Pressurized thanks for the info, super helpful as I was considering the Coopers because I spend all my time on pavement and a few beach runs. Any info on the Nomad Grappler that was my other consideration
Like the Recon Grappler, I don't have any direct experience with the Nomad Grappler. It has a smaller range of sizes and the largest 17" tire is a 285/70R17. That's a good fit on a non Squatch Bronco and it's a P rated tire, so it should ride good. Nitto's wear very well, I would expect it to last longer than most other tires. And it's 3PMSF rated, so it should be better than average in winter weather.

That's the best I can do... If it was the size and spec I was looking for, I wouldn't have a problem giving it a try.
Sponsored