Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 1993
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After waiting 3 years for my badlands sas. with lux, and reordering 3 times and thinking I was never going to see it but finally made it through with a 2023 model. The day before it arrives the basement floods and now I have to spend the bronco money on repairs. Financial it no longer makes sense. Dealer gave me to Tuesday to decide and has been absolutely great but I donā€™t know what to do. Iā€™ve waiting so long to not do it but donā€™t want to be in any financial trouble. Getting it for a great price but still not a great situation. Anyways. Just screaming into the void. Take a look. She is beautiful donā€™t you think?

FC673FFE-7F7D-45E5-9C79-B17A703DA44F.jpeg

D507595B-946C-4C04-A31C-80AEEF80A108.jpeg

74CEFA7E-5737-4ED6-A562-B97E9FF540AB.jpeg
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sucks but you are wise to not buy something that your canā€™t afford right now. Many people spend way beyond their means on cars and other toys. Iā€™m 57 and my wife has had a handful of new cars since we got married in 1994 but my Bronco is my first new vehicle. I was always focused on saving 15%-20% of my salary and because of that and a bit of luck picking stocks, I retired at age 53 and can afford the toys after decades living without.

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought the same thing when I bought mine. The finances were over my budget. I decided to go for it and buy it now because I know the price would be worse in the future. I waited 2.5 years and was price protected. My logic was if I feel at anytime that the payments are overwhelming, I could always sell it and break even or maybe prophet a little. I made the right decision and loving it!

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it is now out of your budget, you will likely end up resenting it anyways. It's a pretty loaded Bronco, and definitely not one of the more affordable trims/packages. Honestly if a home repair pushed it out of budget that quickly maybe it was overshot from the get go.

I *could have* gotten a more loaded Bronco but I set up a very realistic/reasonable budget where I could get what I wanted without sacrificing finances. Maybe you are better off getting one that is a lower trim, in order to get a Bronco and be able to enjoy it without stressing your income.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People always live above their means. Its the american way. I dont but plenty of people do and start getting buried right out of college starting with astronomical student debt for no reason. Had to go to that ivy league school! Lol

drock1892

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to hear... You're using your head over your heart and you'll be glad you did. You'll end up coming out on top because of smart decision making. Best of luck to you!

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am going to give you the same advice I would give my sons that are around your age. If you are going to have to worry about being able to make your payment each month not to mention what the insurance will cost then it is a definite no. I am about to be 59 years old and make a good living and I ordered a BD to stay within my budget. I ordered 2.3, standard package, 4 door, mic, tow.
You are young and will have many more opportunities to purchase that dream car once you become more financially stable. Hey buddy we have all been there!! Just keep working hard and save your money!!

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel you. I am contemplating walking from mine due to financial uncertainty. It is a crummy feeling for sure.

The bronco will always be there in the future. It is possible they may have cool little upgrades to the trims in the future, or refine what is already there.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't do it! It's a toy car that you do not need. Having your finances in a good place is much more important and will provide you more happiness in the long run. There will always be new vehicles in the future to scratch that itch when you can afford it better.

Having been debt free more than two decades with growing investments, I can say that nothing is more satisfying and stress relieving.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After waiting 3 years for my badlands sas. with lux, and reordering 3 times and thinking I was never going to see it but finally made it through with a 2023 model. The day before it arrives the basement floods and now I have to spend the bronco money on repairs. Financial it no longer makes sense. Dealer gave me to Tuesday to decide and has been absolutely great but I donā€™t know what to do. Iā€™ve waiting so long to not do it but donā€™t want to be in any financial trouble. Getting it for a great price but still not a great situation. Anyways. Just screaming into the void. Take a look. She is beautiful donā€™t you think?

Ford Bronco The best worst day 74CEFA7E-5737-4ED6-A562-B97E9FF540AB

sounds like you should have bought a $400 back up sump pump

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

FC673FFE-7F7D-45E5-9C79-B17A703DA44F.jpeg

D507595B-946C-4C04-A31C-80AEEF80A108.jpeg

74CEFA7E-5737-4ED6-A562-B97E9FF540AB.jpeg
That really sucks Tyler. Your homeowners insurance should cover a flooded basement???

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sounds like you should have bought a $400 back up sump pump
Some basements donā€™t have sump pumps. Some have French drains. Depends on where you live and the water table levels.
Sponsored