Brisco2

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 XLT, 2018 Ford E350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've read all 4 pages of some sound advice.

Sell the house, live in the Bronco down by the river
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We had a pipe spring a leak 2 weeks ago and flood our office downstairs. (SE Texas - no basements here) I feel you. Fortunately pipe leaks are covered for us so we’re only out the deductible but yes ground water (or rain for that matter) is almost always excluded.

It’s not even considered flood unless it damages 2+ properties or a specific acreage. I forget how wide it is. Essentially if one house floods they exclude damage. Chasing an attorney to fight an insurance company is a waste of time and money. This isn’t their first rodeo.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
We had a pipe spring a leak 2 weeks ago and flood our office downstairs. (SE Texas - no basements here) I feel you. Fortunately pipe leaks are covered for us so we’re only out the deductible but yes ground water (or rain for that matter) is almost always excluded.

It’s not even considered flood unless it damages 2+ properties or a specific acreage. I forget how wide it is. Essentially if one house floods they exclude damage. Chasing an attorney to fight an insurance company is a waste of time and money. This isn’t their first rodeo.
Where I'm at in the Chicagland suburbs, I think basement flooding is generally covered. Leastways my neighbors have had sewer backups and flooding from rains, and I recall their insurance covered the damage. Probably depends on the locale and particular insurance policy though.

I'll echo what a few other people said, don't wait to have fun. Few things are "worth the wait". Because no one is making more time. And time right now as a healthy younger person, is worth more than a hobbled elderly person (no offense to old folks, I'm getting up there in age myself). Screw that golden year retirement nonsense.

But that DOESN'T mean OP should necessarily buy this 60k Bronco. If OP is paying 60k for a bunch of functionality he will hardly if ever use, and it's more of a fantasy buy, then IMHO that's a waste of money, especially if it might lead to financial hardship and preclude other more worthwhile spending.

Instead focus spending on creative pursuits and real experiences. Otherwise don't buy stuff, just don't. Get off that train.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
!!!!

Ah yes sewer backup is an optional coverage. You absolutely need to verify if you have it and if it applies to your situation. I read it as your basement walls leaked. If it came from pipes you probably have coverage.

Either way it’s worth asking - my point earlier was if they say no you’re not covered it’s likely not worth it to fight them.

KnappyRedd

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get it. Waited 2 years to pass on mine 3 days after Christmas because they were trying to give me a 10% interest rate with good credit and only checking 3 lenders. A week later they sold it with a $12,000 mark up. Wasn't smart for me to put myself in that spot on ridiculousness for a car. Will sit on my explorer with another year left to go and order a MY24 in September with my neighbors dealer who is a sales manager.

Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After waiting 3 years for my badlands sas. with lux, and reordering 3 times and thinking I was never going to see it but finally made it through with a 2023 model. The day before it arrives the basement floods and now I have to spend the bronco money on repairs. Financial it no longer makes sense. Dealer gave me to Tuesday to decide and has been absolutely great but I don’t know what to do. I’ve waiting so long to not do it but don’t want to be in any financial trouble. Getting it for a great price but still not a great situation. Anyways. Just screaming into the void. Take a look. She is beautiful don’t you think?

FC673FFE-7F7D-45E5-9C79-B17A703DA44F.jpeg

D507595B-946C-4C04-A31C-80AEEF80A108.jpeg

74CEFA7E-5737-4ED6-A562-B97E9FF540AB.jpeg
I feel for you, my wife totaled her vehicle about 3 weeks before my Bronco was due. Had to get her a new vehicle and didn't make sense to have the luxury vehicle of a Bronco. Timing is everything, I'll re-order a downsized version when banks open again though so at least there is a bit of hope at the end of the tunnel for me.

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
speak with your insurance before deciding. Water damage is typically covered.
and ifyou end up not buying the car tell me cause i want it ! :)

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

kimmiemom64

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
After waiting 3 years for my badlands sas. with lux, and reordering 3 times and thinking I was never going to see it but finally made it through with a 2023 model. The day before it arrives the basement floods and now I have to spend the bronco money on repairs. Financial it no longer makes sense. Dealer gave me to Tuesday to decide and has been absolutely great but I don’t know what to do. I’ve waiting so long to not do it but don’t want to be in any financial trouble. Getting it for a great price but still not a great situation. Anyways. Just screaming into the void. Take a look. She is beautiful don’t you think?

She's beautiful, but Dear Abby always said, "If in doubt, don't." Showing my age with Dear Abby quotes, but it was sage advise that I have lived by. There will be other Broncos, don't stress yourself out!

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I think the real question is, did you come here because you wanted reassurance to buy it or honest pros and cons. If it was the 1st, you already made up your mind, if it was the 2nd, none of us can answer that for you. Your pain point is unique to you. In my opinion, if you can manage today and have a plan incase it gets stormy tomorrow, then go for it, you have to figure in opportunity cost/price protection as a cost to waiting. I can also tell you I have only regretted not listening to reason and having to let go after I made a bad decision because I couldn’t make it work. It’s a car, there will be more tomorrow. Good news is the market is stabilizing and Ford in the not so distant future will be able to get these out quicker.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If Kylie Jenner can start a GoFundMe to become a billionaire, you could start one to re-build your down payment.
But truly, it might be worth waiting for things to settle down.

rd50078

Outer Banks
First Name
RD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Family comes 1st! There will always be more Broncos to buy down the road.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Insurance doesn’t cover ground water. Very frustrating.
No, insurance does not cover "ground water". It is considered flooding. Do you have equipment breakdown coverage on your policy? If so, you might be able to argue that the sump pumps failed and it may cover. We had the same situation with one of our clients. The insurance company covered the damage. They had a power outage which still goes under equipment breakdown. Check with you agent. Wish I could help more.

Mean Green Bronc Machine

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

She is beautiful, but so is a good credit score. At the end of the day it's just a car. Plus, you can order another one and by the time that one comes, you'll probably bein good financial standing again haha
Sponsored