First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, seeing all the discussions here, and wondering, since the configurator won't be available for a while.. I'm wondering what the Bronco for the regular user will be?

Based on the comments here, I surely can't buy an Outer Banks, because some of you would shoot me on sight. But while the look is nice, I don't need a Wildtrack for a DD, and as appealing as it is, anything with the Sasquatch package is gonna be a pain in my parking area.

I'm also not really going to be rock-crawling, so something with the Wildtrack type setup would probably be better, tuned for faster for dirt/sand, and less for crawling, but without the extra stance.

Is that even possible with the builds they have? Or will I just be mocked back into my garage if I dared go on the street?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nah. Works just fine for Jeep guys. Load that bitch up with every option and then go park it in a handicap spot at the mall.

But seriously, you do you. WE DON'T JUDGE!

Edit: you ain't shit til you slap some angry eyes on it!

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's why they designed the Bronco Sport. You can get all the tech for a nice DD without spending 50k+

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When in doubt, go base model and rock the steelies

Atleast that's my opinion, and it's worth about what you paid for it ?

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am actually a little worried about getting in to my parking garage to be honest. I don't want to have to air down just to park.

Marrowthirst

Badlands
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing wrong with Outer Banks...I think you are fine and no need to wear a kevlar vest. Once you are in the family I am pretty confident everyone will consider you a believer and defender of the faith within the Church of Bronco. Every religion has it's occasional heretic bad apple.

Get a Base, Big Bend, or Outer Banks. I plan on getting a Badlands with Manual 2.3l and only getting the stuff that comes standard. The All-Terrain 33's will work great for a DD for me and the occasional off-road stuff.

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am actually a little worried about getting in to my parking garage to be honest. I don't want to have to air down just to park.
Width is my concern.. damn condo parking.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imma daily drive the crap out of it!!!

I'm reserved for a Black diamond(I know, res means nothing) but I'm eyeballing the Badlands also with the 33"s and extra goodies.(shhhh, In secret, I'm undecided on Samsquanch, mainly because I don't know if I want to push 35's around everywhere I go, all day, every day)
I also kick around getting a "BASE CAMP" model , maybe hook it up with 33's and drive/wheel it for a few years and then let the kiddo have it for her first car.

I wheeled my 68 and 69 in the past, I fully intend to get this one out to one ALL of the Ford Adventure Parks and try to get the whole family hooked on wheeling and make vacations around that.
Referring back to the 33's.... you'll be astounded how far 33's and open diffs can take you. Any mods beyond that will make it incredible!!!

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's why they designed the Bronco Sport. You can get all the tech for a nice DD without spending 50k+
That is a consideration.. loaded Sport Badlands+Badlands is $38. Not the ideal presence, but I can park it...

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When in doubt, go base model and rock the steelies

Atleast that's my opinion, and it's worth about what you paid for it ?
The 2 door Base Model Manual Transmission with Steel Wheels is what I Immediately wanted.
That configuration is what will make it possible for me to have a Bronco and it is the closest thing you can get to the Original Bronco.

After I get it, I can get special wheels/tires like I can get special shoes. Easiest and most economical way to customize. This is exactly what I did with my Mustang. I love being able to swap out wheels to keep it fresh. I did it to get Winter tires, but I get the additional benefit of looking forward to changing the look of my car every ~6 months.

Also each set tires wear out slower, so you actually not paying that much more in the long run.

Only issue is can I carry those big Bronco tires down into my basement? What do they weigh? My Mustang ones are about 25-30lbs, I think.

Last edited:

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have zero efffffs to give about what someone thinks of me or my automotive choices. I wish we could all feel the same. Get what YOU want. To hell with anyone who has something negative to say.

Outer Banks.
Sasquatch.

I'll park it next to my minivan - and I LOVE my minivan.
Sponsored