First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m either going Black Diamond or Badlands. Probably no Squatch either way. May get those fender flares though.
That's where I'm likely at.. I'd prefer a bit more of a desert runner.. but still want things like steel bumpers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the sports are bad ass honestly. The more I look at it, the more I really like it
I'm also thinking that I might get the Sport.. and if I do move out of LA in a few years, then the Sport can become my wife's main vehicle, and I get a... :D

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, seeing all the discussions here, and wondering, since the configurator won't be available for a while.. I'm wondering what the Bronco for the regular user will be?

Based on the comments here, I surely can't buy an Outer Banks, because some of you would shoot me on sight. But while the look is nice, I don't need a Wildtrack for a DD, and as appealing as it is, anything with the Sasquatch package is gonna be a pain in my parking area.

I'm also not really going to be rock-crawling, so something with the Wildtrack type setup would probably be better, tuned for faster for dirt/sand, and less for crawling, but without the extra stance.

Is that even possible with the builds they have? Or will I just be mocked back into my garage if I dared go on the street?
Many seem to be choosing based on the way their choice appears rather than what's practical for their needs and use. Yes, I'm referring to Sasquatch. For those that mostly stay on road will probably find they drive way to harsh and will be more thirsty than other trims. However people will be looking at them and that may make them glad they made the choice. I chose Outer Banks because it's strictly for street use and I want all of the creature comforts. I'm buying it to please me and nobody else. I don't care if people look at me enviously. Actually I prefer they don't. I think blending in a is a wise choice more now than any time in recent memory. At the price you'll be paying, buy what works for you and don't worry about what someone else thinks.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, seeing all the discussions here, and wondering, since the configurator won't be available for a while.. I'm wondering what the Bronco for the regular user will be?

Based on the comments here, I surely can't buy an Outer Banks, because some of you would shoot me on sight. But while the look is nice, I don't need a Wildtrack for a DD, and as appealing as it is, anything with the Sasquatch package is gonna be a pain in my parking area.

I'm also not really going to be rock-crawling, so something with the Wildtrack type setup would probably be better, tuned for faster for dirt/sand, and less for crawling, but without the extra stance.

Is that even possible with the builds they have? Or will I just be mocked back into my garage if I dared go on the street?
Everything for me depends on how the packages and options are priced, but I have every intention of getting the Outer Banks with high package to get the 12 inch screen and optioning the locking rear diff. I'm a weekend camper and deep winter snow driver. I am what I am, and if that makes me "mall crawler" to some, no shits given. I don't live in Colorado and don't do rock crawling. If I'm in a situation that needs rock rails it means I messed up big time. That said, we'll see what the pricing is after optioning the locking rear diff, 2.7L engine and the hardtop, it might just end up being the wildtrack.

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That said, we'll see what the pricing is after optioning the locking rear diff, 2.7L engine and the hardtop, it might just end up being the wildtrack.
Yeah, that's a good point.. the addons.. and availability.. might make them damn similar.

Sponsored

Ocarwolf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Why would people shoot you on sight for the OBX? What'd I miss?

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This came from a “heritage thread”. If they don’t offer something like this I might be out. I am going to wait to see what configurations the early buyers end up with and then decide..
Seems dramatic. Why would you be out? Can probably get someone’s takeoff steelies for nothing and wrap the top.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nah. Works just fine for Jeep guys. Load that bitch up with every option and then go park it in a handicap spot at the mall.

But seriously, you do you. WE DON'T JUDGE!

Edit: you ain't shit til you slap some angry eyes on it!

I don't even need to read this any further. Now I'm not sure of the whole story here because there is no way I can read through all of these threads here lately. BUT i will say I sure don't care what anyone thinks about what Bronco I buy. IT IS MINE. If I want to buy a base no options because that is all I can afford. then so be it. If I want to buy a First Edition to cut up and make a Hammers car out of. then so be it.

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You need to remember most of the folks posting here are the hardcore off-roaders, a few are posers and some of us want a functional, reliable and useful off-road vehicle for all our driving needs. Get what ya want and don’t worry about the hardcore off-roaders...you’re not going to see them at the mall or soccer games anyway...????????
Poseur ??‍♂

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When in doubt, go base model and rock the steelies

Atleast that's my opinion, and it's worth about what you paid for it ?

Whatever model I decide on I'm rocking steelies with 35 A/T's for DD.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything for me depends on how the packages and options are priced, but I have every intention of getting the Outer Banks with high package to get the 12 inch screen and optioning the locking rear diff....
That said, we'll see what the pricing is after optioning the locking rear diff, 2.7L engine and the hardtop, it might just end up being the wildtrack.
That's pretty much what I'd be looking at... if they include the washout interior in the OBX.

While we only go a handful of times a year, my family loves going to the beach, and just hosing out the sand is sounding better and better. Think I'd end up kicking myself if I didn't get that interior.

Pfg84

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just realized according to Ford's website, for the Base 4 door, 10speed auto is standard! That explains the crazy 5k diff. ??

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's pretty much what I'd be looking at... if they include the washout interior in the OBX.

While we only go a handful of times a year, my family loves going to the beach, and just hosing out the sand is sounding better and better. Think I'd end up kicking myself if I didn't get that interior.
Yeah, you know what carpet looks like after about 4 years anyway...
Sponsored