Sponsored

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And people thought the Jeep was untouchable. I wouldn't be surprised if these stats force Stellantis to bring the next generation Jeep Wrangler to market earlier than they planned? I don't think they can get 10 years out of the current JL model like they were able to with previous JK model. The JK literally had no competition, but the JL now has the Bronco to contend with and the sales stats are proving that it's more than a worthy competitor.

Source - https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-ford-bronco-jeep-wrangler-off-road-suv-sales-compared/

The Ford Bronco Is Catching Up to the Jeep Wrangler in Sales
As Ford’s production of its popular Bronco catches up with demand, the units sold are also closing in on its direct competitor, the legendary Jeep Wrangler.

"By the end of 2022, the Ford Bronco sold 30,670 units to the Wrangler's 34,253. The Bronco also ended 2022 strong, selling 10,412 units to the Wrangler's 11,874."

"Now, looking at the start of 2023, it seems the Bronco will continue to gain on the Wrangler and show that 2022 wasn't a fluke. First, the Bronco's sales saw an increase over 2022, where it sold 8,101 units, to 10,170 units in January 2023—a 25.5 percent increase. In comparison, Wrangler sales have seen a 30 percent drop from 2022s numbers. According to the Detroit Free Press, the Wrangler only sold 10,173 units in January 2023 where it was able to sell 14,579 just the year prior. Stellantis doesn't directly report Jeep sales on a monthly basis.

Those are two very staggering numbers for each brand, especially considering that Ford is still dealing with supply chain issues for the Bronco. At the end of January of 2023, Bronco inventory was down 17.7 percent with only 13,000 vehicles ready to sell and production was down 18.6 percent with only 8,823 Broncos manufactured when compared to numbers from December of 2022."
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Special Decor

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F 150, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully, this will lead to deep Jeep discounts and I can pick up a far below invoice Gladiator for small truck stuff.
I agree. I am looking at Gladiators as well.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at an auto plant this article makes it seem like Jeep isn't having supply chain issues, this is touching every manufacture globally. We have had to basically throw away all of our projections and just hope for parts, it is a nightmare for the auto industry. We just hired 1k employees and are producing the same amount of vehicles as before we added them. Before proclaiming victory you should really make it by an even metric. I love Broncos and Heeps. I'll wheel both! (I don't like sitting in toyotas, but they wheel great as well!

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I work at an auto plant this article makes it seem like Jeep isn't having supply chain issues, this is touching every manufacture globally. We have had to basically throw away all of our projections and just hope for parts, it is a nightmare for the auto industry. We just hired 1k employees and are producing the same amount of vehicles as before we added them. Before proclaiming victory you should really make it by an even metric. I love Broncos and Heeps. I'll wheel both! (I don't like sitting in toyotas, but they wheel great as well!
Haha I agree 100% with your last statement. Why the hell can't Toyota put taller seats in their vehicles so that my knees aren't in my chest.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The only reason the Bronco hasn't beaten the Wrangler in sales yet is Ford's inability to navigate an ecosystem that other manufacturers have better navigated. Ford can't make enough. This article is not something to celebrate; it is a good reminder of huge missed opportunities by Ford.

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Haha I agree 100% with your last statement. Why the hell can't Toyota put taller seats in their vehicles so that my knees aren't in my chest.
apples and oranges.... try taking the top and doors off your toyota and take it out jumping.....

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i remember how that felt in my '99 4runner. i think it was designed for people with ≤ 6" tall shins.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford can't make enough.
No one can make enough... but Ford also has shitty dealers that are screwing over reservation holders on a daily basis and they are doing nothing about it. Ford is screwing over all the people that have reservations with @Zach@Granger and other dealers that are trying to treat customers right as well as make a small profit. There is NO excuse for this. You can't make the rules before the game and then change them because one of the players is crying when they do not get their way. @Ford Motor Company should make all the reservation holders Broncos first and then if the production line needs to keep moving, build Big Bends and base models to fill in, or build more Rangers.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

apples and oranges.... try taking the top and doors off your toyota and take it out jumping.....
I was mostly talking about how much Toyotas seat suck. But I don't really think it's fully apples and oranges when you are just thinking about off-road vehicles. For the average person that does light off-roading they are all going to be options to shop for if you are in the market for a new car. I wouldn't trade my Bronco for anything else out right now, but damn you can beat the shit out of some of those Yotas.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i remember how that felt in my '99 4runner. i think it was designed for people with ≤ 6" tall shins.
Yeah I'm 6'3" and it feels like all of their seats are going to give me instant back problems. My back has been loving the Bronco seats though.
Sponsored