Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Updated w/ @Broncie thread this morning (8 Sep) of painted 6G bodies. This was probably the fastest I've ever gotten something added to the timeline, almost in real time; just happened to be loafing around when it hit!

Advertisement

Broncie

First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Updated w/ @Broncie thread this morning (8 Sep) of painted 6G bodies. This was probably the fastest I've ever gotten something added to the timeline, almost in real time; just happened to be loafing around when it hit!
Didn't know this thread existed! Awesome to see the history (y)

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Didn't know this thread existed! Awesome to see the history (y)
Thanks man, I started it back in 2016 and had abandoned it for a couple yrs and actually just got it current again a week or so ago.

This is my baby on the site. lol I'm very proud of it and it's content.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB; 2018 4Runner TRD (wife’s car)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man, I started it back in 2016 and had abandoned it for a couple yrs and actually just got it current again a week or so ago.

This is my baby on the site. lol I'm very proud of it and it's content.
Just looked at this thread for the first time myself. Hard to believe the 5G is that old. I remember sitting in the day room at my unit at Bragg listening to a briefing on Haiti and someone mistakenly left the TV on behind him with no volume.
We all sat watching OJs white FSB β€œrace” down the hwy and ignored the briefing.

seems like a lifetime ago...

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just looked at this thread for the first time myself. Hard to believe the 5G is that old. I remember sitting in the day room at my unit at Bragg listening to a briefing on Haiti and someone mistakenly left the TV on behind him with no volume.
We all sat watching OJs white FSB β€œrace” down the hwy and ignored the briefing.

seems like a lifetime ago...
I happened to literally be in the thread updating it as you posted!

Glad you found it, I think a lot of people aren't even aware it's here so I've been trying to give little nudges here and there.

Yeah, it's crazy 5Gs were the **** when I was in HS (92-96) so they hold a special place in my heart!

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB; 2018 4Runner TRD (wife’s car)
Vehicle Showcase
I happened to literally be in the thread updating it as you posted!

Glad you found it, I think a lot of people aren't even aware it's here so I've been trying to give little nudges here and there.

Yeah, it's crazy 5Gs were the **** when I was in HS (92-96) so they hold a special place in my heart!
Thanks for all you do

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks for all you do
Thanks man, this is a labor of love. I have learned so much from doing this timeline and I always thought I was fairly Bronco-Knowledgeable. But I think I'm about done for today, I added a BUNCH of stuff and corrected some formatting issues today (y)

And from one vet to another, thank-you for your service.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
Neat thread. This one guy seems to post on here on a lot 😁

Might also be very helpful one day for some kid doing a book report on broncos.

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Statistics and Specifications area has really grown (underneath the pics).

I've also added a quiz, trivia section underneath the statistics posts.

I guess the next question is should I add the Bronco II to the historical timeline? I mean I have it's beginning and ending dates and it has it's own statistics area, but add all the relevant data like I do w/ the big boys? I dunno. And if I add the Bronco II to the timeline, shouldn't I also add the Bronco Sport?

Thoughts?

Need Help With:

o 1984 Bronco II production numbers. (can't find em' anywhere)

o The restaurant parking lot spotting (still)

o the actual day or month that the site went live, currently only have it listed by year

o anything else you notice is incorrect or that is missing

Sherminiator

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO
Clubs

1990 - Ford puts the Bronco II out to pasture (84-90). Over it's 7 years of production 627,304 Bronco IIs were produced. It is speculated that the Bronco II's replacement was the Ranger based Explorer. Out of 627,394 Bronco IIs produced 530,515 were 4WD models and 96,879 were 2WD models. Was 2wd always an option? My source for #s didn't show any for 85....might add a note to 1986 - 2wd now an option for Bronco II or something.
Some info to back up the Explorer replacing the Bronco II from the time period-I loved Popular Mechanics as a teenager

https://books.google.com/books?id=HOQDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA32&dq=ford+bronco+II+four+door+"Popular+Mechanics"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiB1-qf1_rrAhUFoHIEHbrSDSQQ6AEwAXoECAAQAg#v=onepage&q=ford bronco II four door "Popular Mechanics"&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=ouMDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA69&dq=ford+bronco+II+four+door+"Popular+Mechanics"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiB1-qf1_rrAhUFoHIEHbrSDSQQ6AEwBHoECAUQAg#v=onepage&q=ford bronco II four door "Popular Mechanics"&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=G-MDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA30&dq=ford+bronco+II+four+door+"Popular+Mechanics"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiB1-qf1_rrAhUFoHIEHbrSDSQQ6AEwAHoECAIQAg#v=onepage&q=ford bronco II four door "Popular Mechanics"&f=false

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Some info to back up the Explorer replacing the Bronco II from the time period-I loved Popular Mechanics as a teenager
That's honestly one of the subjective arguments on the timeline. Some timelines will say the Explorer replaced the Bronco and some will say the Expedition did. Some books will say vice versa and some "historical timelines" have like 6 entries and claim the 2nd Gen FSB was F150 based and not F100 (not diming any nations or countries out by name πŸ˜‰ )

Personally, I obviously go w/ the Explorer/Bronco II and FSB/Expedition due to release dates and chassis'.

FSB based off F150 ended production in 96 / Expedition based off F150 started production in 97

Bronco II based off Ranger chassis ended production in 90 / Exploder originally Ranger based and first yr production in 91

I think the next yr production start times is really what cements it for me personally.

None of those linked books happen to have 1984 Bronco II production #s do they? I'll check em' out, thanks!

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Palerider

Wildtrak
First Name
Bruce
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Clubs

Thanks I'll take a look at it and see if there's anything new to us. I saw the U260 and the chase and they're both on the timeline but I only quickly scanned it.

Thank-You, Joe

The above article is the story of the few dedicated Ford employees who are responsible for bringing back the new Bronco.

OP
JAGSarge

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Alrighty, I think we're about caught up. Please let me know if you find something missing on the timeline that warrants mentioning or if you find an error somewhere.

Joe

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement