Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Given current events and what is happening and now the complete lack of "leaks" the past week-does anyone NOT suspect that Ford was intentionally behind the leaks we got?
Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
It's naive to think Ford wouldn't have sources following this and every other Bronco forum to get insight on how much anticipation is building on the re-release of this iconic vehicle and by providing "leaks" to see how we (the potential buyers) react to them. Do I think Ford has been behind the "leaks", for the most part HELL YES!!! IMHO

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given current events and what is happening and now the complete lack of "leaks" the past week-does anyone NOT suspect that Ford was intentionally behind the leaks we got?
It was more or less confirmed in internal meetings that it was in no way planned by Ford. Further they made it clear that they would be taking necessary steps to find out how/why the leaks got out and adjust accordingly. There will still be people who don't believe this but I really respect Kumar and he seemed to make it clear that this was not part of the plan, and that it is not the responsibility of individual employees to try establish the brand image via leaks whether through good intentions or not.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
It was more or less confirmed in internal meetings that it was in no way planned by Ford. Further they made it clear that they would be taking necessary steps to find out how/why the leaks got out and adjust accordingly. There will still be people who don't believe this but I really respect Kumar and he seemed to make it clear that this was not part of the plan, and that it is not the responsibility of individual employees to try establish the brand image via leaks whether through good intentions or not.
Well, my next question is have the leaks helped or hurt the upcoming release of the Bronco & Bronco Sport and has Ford benefited from the free publicity and "buzz" that the leaks created?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the Bronco Sport hurts Bronco. People think it’s the Bronco. I’ve already had a couple people say they saw the Bronco and it looks like a crossover. Only to find out they saw the Sport. They really should use the Maverick name for that one. Sub-branding Bronco and Mustang are Lincoln MK(random letter) level stupid. Ok. Off rant.

I do feel Ford is missing out on a great opportunity to turn the reveal into a major event seen by millions of people at home.

As for leaks, I think the first few were Ford, but the last ones (unwrapped) were definitely not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the Bronco Sport hurts Bronco. People think it’s the Bronco. I’ve already had a couple people say they saw the Bronco and it looks like a crossover. Only to find out they saw the Sport. They really should use the Maverick name for that one. Sub-branding Bronco and Mustang are Lincoln MK(random letter) level stupid. Ok. Off rant.
Haven't you figured out people are just plain idiots when it comes to cars in general? For all the lifted Flex comments and what not.

The sub branding isn't going to be an issue...The Mustang Mach E will just be the Mach E. The Sport, well that could be an minor issue, but it will be a less extreme option for People that want a Bronco.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"The Biggest Problem in Communication Is the Illusion That It Has Taken Place"

Would'a been tough for Ford to thread the needle in 'normal' times.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I do feel Ford is missing out on a great opportunity to turn the reveal into a major event seen by millions of people at home.

As for leaks, I think the first few were Ford, but the last ones (unwrapped) were definitely not.
Agree. The Sport should not have shown in any way, until the bronco was out 6 months.

Sponsored

RupertH

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rupert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mostly
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Badlands Package appears to be the mall-crawler special. Body colored outside bits and heated/power/leather inside bits.
As someone said earlier, people are stupid, and this isn't likely to improve the overall perception of the Bronco name...

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the Bronco Sport, no one expected it to be a badass...

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Badlands Package appears to be the mall-crawler special. Body colored outside bits and heated/power/leather inside bits.
As someone said earlier, people are stupid, and this isn't likely to improve the overall perception of the Bronco name...
Relax man. Some people like to be comfy when they're driving through bad land.
Sponsored