Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I vote

O-BRONCO-O

I don’t understand how the Maverick can be in a category since it’s barely released.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! The Hyundai Santa Cruz...not to be confused with the grocery getting Hyundai Santa Fe. Those clever marketing geniuses at Hyundai.

And yes, Rivian has sold roughly 153 vehicles mostly to employees (does that count?) I believe and are now worth more than GM and Ford at roughly $100B. Makes sense.
Lol oh Hyundai, no thanks.

153? Wow! I did see one last week actually on the road, wasn’t bad. But I didn’t know if that was a test mule or someone’s actual truck.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The jurors, who have tested and evaluated eligible new or substantially changed vehicles that launched this year, vote for their choices based on elements including automotive innovation, design, safety, performance, technology, driver satisfaction and value.
Good thing they don't factor in hard tops, allocation formulas, part constraints, options on trims, and the ability to actually get one...

How are they judging on safety when the NHTSA hasn't even rated it yet?

Ford Bronco The Bronco is now 1 of 3 finalists for 2022 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year nhtsa

GameWarden

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Feeling kind of silly. I have invested a lot of energy in to a truck I have not even seen let alone driven. Two door broncos are rare. I have a Vin now but in reality it may be a total let down once I am given the privilege of paying for it.
I love my F-150. But I drove that before I bought it.
I guess I should feel better that I had the foresight to order the “station wagon of the year” on July 14 2020 or was I just swept up in the hype?
Just venting but I have never bought a gun without at least holding a similar one.
Or a steak. I don’t order steak from Omaha Steak Company. I like to put my eyes on them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/nactoy-reveals-finalists-for-2022-awards/

NACTOY Reveals Finalists for 2022 Awards
Nine finalists for North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year™ awards announced at LA Auto Show

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 17, 2021
– The finalists that will compete for the 2022 North American Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle of the Year™ (NACTOY) awards were announced today at the Los Angeles Auto Show. This year, NACTOY’s jurors voted on a competitive and diverse field of 23 semifinalists across three categories – Car, Truck and Utility Vehicle – which were announced earlier this year.

The finalists for each category, in alphabetical order, are:

North American Car of the Year™:
Honda Civic
Lucid Air
Volkswagen Golf Mk VIII (Golf R/Golf GTI)

North American Truck of the Year™:
Ford Maverick
Hyundai Santa Cruz
Rivian R1T

North American Utility Vehicle of the Year™:
Ford Bronco

Genesis GV70
Hyundai IONIQ 5

“These nine vehicles represent an unusually excellent and diverse group of finalists,” said NACTOY president Gary Witzenburg. “From new OEMs to vehicles that have created fresh segments in their categories, these vehicles showcase the automotive industry’s current diversification. This year’s finalists also illustrate how many more electric vehicles are becoming available to customers across multiple vehicle types.”

NACTOY’s awards are determined through a series of three votes by a group of 50 automotive journalists from an array of magazines, newspapers, websites, and television and radio stations in the U.S. and Canada. Founded in 1994, the NACTOY awards are the longest-running new vehicle awards not associated with a single outlet.

“The diverse opinions of our jurors bring together a combination of expertise and individual testing regimens to select these nine outstanding finalists,” said NACTOY Vice President Jack R. Nerad. “This results in a comprehensive and thoughtful selection process unique to NACTOY.”

The jurors, who have tested and evaluated eligible new or substantially changed vehicles that launched this year, vote for their choices based on elements including automotive innovation, design, safety, performance, technology, driver satisfaction and value.

The jury votes were tallied and audited by Deloitte. The selection of nine finalists is the second-to-last step in the year-long evaluation process for the three awards before the final jury vote and the announcement of the winners in January.

Final voting will take place Dec. 30 – Jan. 5, 2022, and the 2022 NACTOY Car, Truck and Utility of the Year winners will be announced in early January. Details regarding the location and format of this event will be provided soon.

Spanish and French versions of this release will be available on NACTOY’s website. For more information about NACTOY and its history: http://northamericancaroftheyear.org.
The "Jurors" consist of Mark Levine and a close circle of family and friends, rounded out by Moe, Larry and Curly. Shemp was exempt because he's in charge of Quality Control.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love telling my friends and family about how great my Bronco will eventually be. And they have loved hearing about it for the past year and a half.
Has your wife or family members threatened death if you said one more word about that damn Bronco…sounds really familiar to me lol!

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wait a minute... the bronco sport didn't make the cut

or is dressing up an escape just not cutting edge enough for them
Bronco Sport would've been in 2021's group (Last year's competition) I'd think

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd put my money on the Genesis GV70 winning. If I was looking for an on-road only SUV, I think the Genesis GV70 is by far the best option on the market right now.
Yep. It was between the GV70 and the Bronco for my wife's new vehicle and we ended up getting an Outer Banks with cloth interior because my wife is hard on vehicles and I knew the Bronco would hold up better inside. You really have to see it in person and compare it to anything in the price range to appreciate how nice it is. The GV70 interior is more luxurious than anything within $20k of it's price and my OCD would be off the charts seeing her destroy that beautiful interior.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lost me with the the Honda Civic as car of the year and Ford Maverick as truck of the year. Who the heck is NACTOY?
An institution that evaluates TOYCARS maybe?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We are actually looking at the GV70 for my wife. She wants nothing to do with my Bronco and that’s fine with me. It’s between the Q5, XC60, and the GV70.

To me luxury SUVs and the Bronco are in completely different classes and not intended for the same uses. My wife has no need for the Bronco.

We were doing 75mph with the MIC on and she yelled it’s too loud in here to have a conversation. I just nodded and thought all right, all right, all right.
Sponsored