Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Though this does just exaggerate the foolishness of using the Bronco name on the Bronco Sport. Only reasonable argument was they were trying to build a Bronco 'brand', and this kinda kills that strategy.
I would’ve looked seriously at a Bronco truck. But I think you raise the bigger issue - are we now seeing the entirety of the Bronco brand?
How many different vehicles does Ford need to produce with the name “Bronco” on it for the “brand” to be legitimate in your eyes?
  • Bronco Sport (in production)
  • Bronco 4-door (in production)
  • Bronco 2-door (in production)
  • Bronco Heritage Edition (22MY)
  • Bronco Raptor Warthog (in development)
  • Bronco Hybrid (rumored at Capital Markets Day)
Advertisement

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Bronco
Black Diamond
How many different vehicles does Ford need to produce with the name “Bronco” on it for the “brand” to be legitimate in your eyes?
  • Bronco Sport (in production)
  • Bronco 4-door (in production)
  • Bronco 2-door (in production)
  • Bronco Heritage Edition (22MY)
  • Bronco Raptor Warthog (in development)
  • Bronco Hybrid (rumored at Capital Markets Day)
Seven

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Bronco
Base
I am very disappointed. A bronco pickup would sell well.
35's lockers swaybar disconnect. Not much competition. The gladiator is the closest but it only has 33s.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Bronco
Black Diamond
No doubt the ranger outsells the Gladiator several times over. Gladiator is only available in one cab config, and other than rental fleets, nobody is buying the base base models. It's a more expensive product and I'd be surprised if the average selling price was much higher than the Ranger.

The Gladiator didn't suffer from chip shortages until very recently so yes they were very much more available last year and through most of this year. I don't know if dealer stock is the best way to go on, my local dealers have between 1-5 gladiators.
I think that's exactly the point. Gladiators have been more easily available than competitive vehicles which may be making raw sales numbers misleading. Doing an autotrader search of new vehicles within 300 miles of here shows significantly more inventory of Gladiators than mid size trucks from any manufacturer. Local Chevy dealers are adding massive ADM to ZR2s and Jeep dealers are knocking money off of Gladiators.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Bronco
Outer Banks
No doubt the ranger outsells the Gladiator several times over. Gladiator is only available in one cab config, and other than rental fleets, nobody is buying the base base models. It's a more expensive product and I'd be surprised if the average selling price was much higher than the Ranger.

The Gladiator didn't suffer from chip shortages until very recently so yes they were very much more available last year and through most of this year. I don't know if dealer stock is the best way to go on, my local dealers have between 1-5 gladiators.
This years monthly sales figures. Ranger Jan-July, Gladiator Jan - June.

Ford Ranger6,1026,95411,11012,80114,3037,1015,960

Jeep Gladiator6,0236,0236,77610,1179,72810,117

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I think that's exactly the point. Gladiators have been more easily available than competitive vehicles which may be making raw sales numbers misleading. Doing an autotrader search of new vehicles within 300 miles of here shows significantly more inventory of Gladiators than mid size trucks from any manufacturer. Local Chevy dealers are adding massive ADM to ZR2s and Jeep dealers are knocking money off of Gladiators.
Yeah. I think once people gave up on comparing it to wranglers when it came to climbing up rocks, they found it was a great vehicle with a lot of neat features. Convertible, two solid axles in a midsize class truck, pretty customizable, available in manual or automatic, available in gas or diesel etc. The Mojave trim is probably the best, great ride on road and that long wheelbase is definitely more suited to desert running than rock climbing

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Bronco
Outer Banks
If Gladiator keeps selling at the current pace, it will be up to about the number of Bronco sales by end of year. Plus, you can get one now.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Bronco
First Edition
Cool, they can focus the R&D $ on the EV and full size.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Bronco
Badlands
Via Automotive News:

Ford cancels Bronco-based pickup
Not sure it's the wisest idea for a B6G "staff member" to copy-and-paste an entire copyrighted article.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Bronco
Black Diamond
your supposed to put it 4 wheel drive before you go into the mud hole.
My buddy loved his.................right up to the point where he was in a mud hole, tried to engage 4x4.............tried. Let's just say his feet got muddy, his floor mats got muddy and his winch worked ok.
If he read the manual, he would have known that you need to be rolling to get it into 4 wheel drive. You don’t put it 4h or 4l once your stuck.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Bronco
Big Bend
Vehicle Showcase
Good deal and makes sense. It seemed like a bad idea from the start. Not from a design perspective but for their lineup.

Advertisement

Advertisement