JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm hoping they extend it a bit,anyway. I made my original reservation in July with a virtual account number (thought I was being smart by protecting my account number but I actually screwed my self over).
What is a virtual account number? Like a visa gift card?
Sponsored

KHunt

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ram 1500/16 Subaru Legacy 3.6R/72 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What is a virtual account number? Like a visa gift card?

Certain credit card companies provide a virtual account number for online shopping so in case the info gets hacked it is a dead-end for the person who gets the info. I figured the Ford website would be insane the first few days so I didn't want to risk any issues with my debit card. I guess I was over thinking too much and shot myself in the foot. I'm sure they will figure it out eventually.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't wait to switch if they don't give confirmation soon. If I don't see something from Ford in the next week or so I will be making my switch.
Gotta agree with that. Can't wait and get stuck with the wrong dealer.

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is that B And P is going to be delayed!
I asked while I had an official Ford Rep on the line and they said the B&P was still scheduled for "mid-October".

Sponsored

RDY4ABRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 540i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got this message from my local dealer regarding my reservation. It appears that they want to lock in my order before I have the opportunity to potentially switch. Based on this posting, I may choose to slow roll....but I definitely don't want to lose my place in the reservation/order line. I'm also surprised that it's $1000 more. I was expecting more like $500.

"Before you know it, we will be contacting you to convert your Bronco reservation into an order! Once Ford releases the Bronco "Build and Price" website tool, we will reach out to confirm your selections, configuration and pricing, collect an additional $1,000 deposit and send over your purchase agreement in preparation to process your order.

Should you decide not to move ahead with your order, we will cancel your reservation for you and Ford will refund your $100 reservation deposit onto the card you used initially."

Best Ford
579 Amherst Street

Nashua, NH 03063

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great news, but I'll wait to celebrate until we know how moving your reservation after the order window opens up affects your delivery date. If dealers still have the option to say "take our deal or wait another 6 months for your car," then we're still in a bind.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would they wait to announce this???? I switched dealerships today smh would have waited had I known it would be extended.
I found out early this morning, and really only by chance. As soon as I had confirmation I shared it here.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just got this message from my local dealer regarding my reservation. It appears that they want to lock in my order before I have the opportunity to potentially switch. Based on this posting, I may choose to slow roll....but I definitely don't want to lose my place in the reservation/order line. I'm also surprised that it's $1000 more. I was expecting more like $500.

"Before you know it, we will be contacting you to convert your Bronco reservation into an order! Once Ford releases the Bronco "Build and Price" website tool, we will reach out to confirm your selections, configuration and pricing, collect an additional $1,000 deposit and send over your purchase agreement in preparation to process your order.

Should you decide not to move ahead with your order, we will cancel your reservation for you and Ford will refund your $100 reservation deposit onto the card you used initially."

Best Ford
579 Amherst Street

Nashua, NH 03063
That’s disgusting.

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok not experienced in ordering a vehicle so a noob/dumb question? What are we talking about... am i understanding it correctly that is was scheduled to lock in you order to a specific dealer at the end of October...even though order banks not open til end of the year... and now your not locked in and could in theory switch your order to a different dealer chasing a better deal...right

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why would they wait to announce this???? I switched dealerships today smh would have waited had I known it would be extended.
Because their communication department is lacking. BIGTIME!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.