Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it’s taller than the roofline by more than an inch or so it’s defgetting removed. I don’t feel like hitting it every time I come home.

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only question is can you remove it and install a CB antenna or something else there. Maybe mount a flag for the dunes.

All the radio is (and has ever been as I know it) is ads interspersed with the same damn song you listened to 10 minutes ago. Switch to streaming. Pay the monthly fee to download songs if you're often out of cell coverage or have a limited data plan.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only question is can you remove it and install a CB antenna or something else there. Maybe mount a flag for the dunes.

All the radio is (and has ever been as I know it) is ads interspersed with the same damn song you listened to 10 minutes ago. Switch to streaming. Pay the monthly fee to download songs if you're often out of cell coverage or have a limited data plan.
Not only is it removable, but if I remember correctly they purposely designed the bottom of it to be easily grasped by bare hands and unscrewed without tools.

Ford Bronco The Bronco still uses a whip antenna because AM/FM radio 1621904202390

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup we all have to suffer with looking at or removing that museum piece for the few boomers left that listen to terrestrial radio.
I am Gen X. I have a UE Boom, and a Bose Sound Link blue tooth speakers. Beats Studio wireless headphones. Spotify and Amazon music on my phone. My car has Apple Car Play.

When I get in the car I don't link up to anything if the drive is less than an hour. I have my six favorite radio stations set on my car. When the Indians are playing I know which preset to hit to catch the game. It is just part of my car experience. The radio has always been there. Even though I know how to be connected with no radio in sight it's just what I still do when driving. I don't even hate using the radio search function when out of town. It's still pretty cool to me to listen to the local talent on air or catch some local news.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI - This is what that guy drives:
Running: 1973 VW Beetle, 2006 Scion xB, 1990 Nissan Pao, 1991 Yugo GV Plus, 2020 Changli EV
Not-so-running: 1977 Dodge Tioga RV
Does he have a Man Bun, because, with that list of cars, it sounds like he has a man bun.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I concur! That is a needed rim.
Maybe a newbie updating the B&P went with it literally, "included spare tire" or it is a future '22 cost saving measure.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, we’re not getting a 5th wheel now...?
I don't think a 5th wheel was ever going to happen for the Bronco. The sport bars are in the way for turning and it doesn't really have the towing capacity.

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup we all have to suffer with looking at or removing that museum piece for the few boomers left that listen to terrestrial radio.
that's pretty much it. AM and even FM radio don't cover as well without the whip especially in rural areas

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side story time. A guy I work with once shot a deer and when he started gutting it his knife hit something hard, and as he cut away more he thought it was an arrow. As he continued cutting he found an entire whip style car antenna, with the body fully healed around it.

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe a newbie updating the B&P went with it literally, "included spare tire" or it is a future '22 cost saving measure.
I wouldn't put it past them on the base, I mean they only put 2 of the grab handle in it as it is 🙄
Sponsored