Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everyone clearly doesn’t understand that an unknown planet will pass dangerously close to earth rendering all slightly advanced technologies useless. For will then rule the world with Betamax. Buy Ford stock now!
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shark fins are usually just satellite radio/navigation antennas. Most cars now (without whip antennas) have the fm in the rear or quarter side glass and an am booster module.
Finally someone posts some knowledge of the subject!

And to make it painfully clear... because the Bronco has either a plastic rear window for the soft top, or a glass window for the hard top, which are removable from the vehicle, for terrestrial AM/FM radio reception... the engineering choice is a mast-style antenna.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am Gen X. I have a UE Boom, and a Bose Sound Link blue tooth speakers. Beats Studio wireless headphones. Spotify and Amazon music on my phone. My car has Apple Car Play.

When I get in the car I don't link up to anything if the drive is less than an hour. I have my six favorite radio stations set on my car. When the Indians are playing I know which preset to hit to catch the game. It is just part of my car experience. The radio has always been there. Even though I know how to be connected with no radio in sight it's just what I still do when driving. I don't even hate using the radio search function when out of town. It's still pretty cool to me to listen to the local talent on air or catch some local news.
This is me also. Really cool thing I have found on my morning commute (0430 eastern time) is as long as the sun is down, I can listen to Atlanta's AM 750 all the way up here in Louisville. Having moved up here when the Atlanta Assembly Plant closed in 07, it's my way of keeping up with things back home (and a daily reminder why I don't care to go back, LOL)

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen a few gripes on the forum about Ford’s use of the old style “whip” antenna on the Bronco. I saw the following article on the antenna on the new F-150 Lightening and it also makes mention of the Bronco.

Ford Bronco The Bronco still uses a whip antenna because AM/FM radio 1622026812265
https://jalopnik.com/why-does-a-modern-truck-like-the-2022-ford-f-150-lightn-1846955635

The long and short (no pun intended) is that short stub antennas do a poorer job of picking up broadcast radio signals further from the source. This becomes more important in rural areas, a key demographic for Ford Trucks and the new Bronco.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh goody, another antenna thread!

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People complaining about this is almost as bad as people complaining about the lack of cup holders.
Hey!
Hold on there!
We can have both whip antennas
AND cup holders!
Ford Bronco The Bronco still uses a whip antenna because AM/FM radio B6AC9B56-495B-4A7E-A936-F01EC195D238

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
God I never knew an antenna could get so much...attention?

I'll say in experience as an avid FM listener and someone who's driven both integrated antenna vehicles and regular antenna vehicles. In a remote part of the country, the regular antenna does work better by a decent amount.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is more to life than a Bronco antenna length. I have to laugh at all the bitching on these forums, getting as bad as FB.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
THATS IT! ALL THESE DOUBLE THREADS IM CANCELING MY ORDER!

• Haha
Reactions: abe

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honesty I think it’s worse.

But that’s all this site has become. Just a giant bitchfest.
True story, full of whiney privileged turds. Too many comments about Ford owing them something because the rollout hasn't been perfect. Ford owes you nothing. Don't buy the product if you aren't happy about it.
Sponsored