Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool build! It gets me excited to start modding mine when it arrives later this month. Also I noticed we are both in the bay area, hope to see you around at some point!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 911S / 2021 4door Badlands w/ Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice build! Do you recommend a vendor for those JDM wheels? I’m looking at the Volks but in +15 offset for a little less poke. I’ve heard special order 6 months wait. I waited for a year for JDM Gramlights for my old STi. I could go with some Methods for half the price but coming from a bunch of Japanese cars and having had Rays wheels, thinking about just springing for some nice JDM wheels. I have forged Titan7 on my STi and they make offroad wheels in Toyota fitment that will fit Bronco but no positive offset. Looking for something that won’t poke beyond SaS fenders.
Sorry for being MIA!

At this moment, I don't think there's a JDM wheel that DOES NOT stick past the SAS Fenders.

I'm currently running Rotiforms on mine and it sits perfectly flush with the tiniest of poke at 17x9 et0

The Gramlights (similar to my TE37's on the way) stick out quite a bit and that's 17x8.5 et -12 or-10

Mind you tire type is a big factor

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool build! It gets me excited to start modding mine when it arrives later this month. Also I noticed we are both in the bay area, hope to see you around at some point!
Thanks for the kind words

More Bay Area Bronco Buddies = More Fun!

I notice you have "996" in your handle, do you have a 911? My other horse is a 997 C2S

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for being MIA!

At this moment, I don't think there's a JDM wheel that DOES NOT stick past the SAS Fenders.

I'm currently running Rotiforms on mine and it sits perfectly flush with the tiniest of poke at 17x9 et0

The Gramlights (similar to my TE37's on the way) stick out quite a bit and that's 17x8.5 et -12 or-10

Mind you tire type is a big factor
I found you can special order the Volk TE37x in +15 but probably a 12 month wait and I don’t think there’s any pics of them so the wheel face probably won’t have the same look at the lower offset choices and it will be an expensive gamble. I think most of the JDM wheels are understandably Toyota fitment so like -12 offset. I may just go with a Method Zero offset or KMC +18. Much cheaper than JDM forged or cast wheels and I can have them NOW lol

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found you can special order the Volk TE37x in +15 but probably a 12 month wait and I don’t think there’s any pics of them so the wheel face probably won’t have the same look at the lower offset choices and it will be an expensive gamble. I think most of the JDM wheels are understandably Toyota fitment so like -12 offset. I may just go with a Method Zero offset or KMC +18. Much cheaper than JDM forged or cast wheels and I can have them NOW lol
TBH, running JDM wheels is great and all, but it's a flex. I've been waiting for 6 months for TE's with no ship date in sight as of rn.

And I agree with the face looking different with a +15 offset.

It all depends on the vibe you're going for. I love me some Methods and KMC's but also they're a dime a dozen and I find that the styling is more akin to modern off-road look.

I too was looking for a affordable alternative in the meantime and I'm going for a Defender-esque look so the Rotiform STL's were it!

If you have any more q's on wheels, holler

Sponsored
OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These aren't exactly the greatest pics, but here's an update on the truck.

Current mileage: 19,600

IMG_9283.JPG

IMG_9387.JPG

IMG_9499.JPG

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick Update:
Thanks to @Gloff for connecting me with another Bronco owner who was down to trade their hardtop for my soft top.

Swapping the tops was pretty straight forward. I followed the YouTube videos on how to remove the hard and soft tops. We met at my shop in Fremont and got the process started. For a mostly one-man job, I was able to knock the swap out in about 3ish hours.

I also noticed that I didn't update the thread with the new wheel selection. A set of white TE37 M-Specs came in early. Enjoy!

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1129.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1130.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1131.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1132.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1137.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1143.JPG
Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1140.JPG

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking good! White TEs go well with A51. What was the total wait time for the TEs?

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build Update: 07/19
KC Pro6 50" Lightbar + Rubber tubing mod to quiet wind noise

I read through some post here about buying pool noodles or pipe insulator. Someone had used 3/4" rubber pipe insulator->cut it in half->shoved in the front channel.

Coming from a soft top and running the hard top WITHOUT the lightbar is soo much quieter.

Lightbar with hardtop had very loud wind noise at the front of the front hardtops

with the rubber insulators the sound is significantly muffled but still noticeable

I haven't ran the wiring yet because I'm still wondering if dealing with the wind noise is worth it

ALSO! I may have a set of King's going on soon

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1578.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1579.JPG

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ IMG_1628.JPG

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lighting is my biggest dilemma right now. So many choices, prices and reviews to go through. For sure don’t want to affect my driving experience with a ton of wind noise.

Sponsored

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will love Kings. I just installed a set this past weekend and still playing with the rebound adjustments to find the perfect balance.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Take me there, take me to your yeast factory...

Bronlonius is a beauty!

Edit: Missed 'n'

Last edited:
OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lighting is my biggest dilemma right now. So many choices, prices and reviews to go through. For sure don’t want to affect my driving experience with a ton of wind noise.
You are so right. I think what I may do is start a lighting thread stick where people post their setups so we can get a preview of what different setups are like.

also maybe include a quick blurb

As a test I'm gonna run a roof rack without the light bar to compare how much wind noise it generate vs the KC's

You will love Kings. I just installed a set this past weekend and still playing with the rebound adjustments to find the perfect balance.
Ah hah! Thank you for sharing your experience. In what ways do you find it better than stock? I.e. Comfort, wheel travel, etc

Take me there, take me to your yeast factory...

Brolonius is a beauty!
Thank you for the kind words lol
Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ 1658343286332

OP
OP
Love Shop Auto Lo

Love Shop Auto Lo

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 11.45.04 AM

These just came in. I'll be posting pic of these and in the near future testing them out on the Rubicon

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are so right. I think what I may do is start a lighting thread stick where people post their setups so we can get a preview of what different setups are like.

also maybe include a quick blurb

As a test I'm gonna run a roof rack without the light bar to compare how much wind noise it generate vs the KC's

Ah hah! Thank you for sharing your experience. In what ways do you find it better than stock? I.e. Comfort, wheel travel, etc

Thank you for the kind words lol
Ford Bronco ⚡️Retro Modern A51 Badlands Build: Kings/KC/TE37⚡️ Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 11.45.04 AM
I find that rough roads feel a lot smoother. Hitting bumps on the road is not as jarring as the stock sasquatch shocks. For a week I had Kings in the front and stock sasquatch shocks in the rear as I took two weekends to complete the install.

During that week, I felt a huge difference in ride quality. When I would hit a bump, the front would absorb impact so smooth and barely felt any jarring. Then the rear suspension would go over the same bump and the whole car would jar violently in comparison.

Now that I have Kings in the rear too, the whole ride is smooth.
Sponsored