Sponsored

The Case for Waiting Out Delay for Reserved Bronco in Spite of Disappointment and Frustration from Ford

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davenport-insurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Unfortunately I sold this beauty a while back. I did a full restore on her. It was a beautiful truck with very low miles and the 5.8L engine. I just spent so much money on the project that I had to cut my loses. Ill upload more photos!
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Vintage buddy, you and I are gonna go wheelin up in Black Mountain a year from now. Don't you try hiding from me none neither! :ROFLMAO:
Hide! Lol! Just look for the Cactus Grey FE, followed be my two sons driving a Cement Gray Trd Pro and Sting Grey Rubicon. I'm pretty sure I'll be leading the pac. ?

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After reading through these forums, I would very surprised if 30-40% of current reservations turn into actual orders in December. Hold on to your reservation if you really want a Bronco at a fair price next Spring (yes, I said Spring). You’ll be glad you did.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BTW... I‘m betting a $100 fully refundable deposit on it

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm lucky in the fact the Bronco is not necessary to me. It's a toy, an extra, a want not a need. I'm a very impatient person but with this I have an odd calm. I'm super excited and I'll wait. The Bronco will be my first brand new vehicle so I'm double excited.

Hopefully 12 months from now there is a lot of happy owners!

Sponsored

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of people who love the BRONCO feel pissed off by the delay but most of them will simmer down because they know they cannot settler for something else when they are so close to the dream.
The only true competing vehicle is a Jeep and who’s going to want to buy a Jeep after learning all about the Bronco and falling in love with that gorgeous thing?
I am happy to wait and give FORD time.
They have taken a giant step by going all out for us and deserve a little more time to get it right.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
... I'll be 62 years old.
This. It's been 43 years since Ford offered an EB. 15 years since Ford unveiled the concept. Now a possible 2 years more before some people finally get their hands on the Bronco. That's ridiculous. Time has value. Contrary to the "I'm going to live forever" crowd, waiting around has a cost.

I will not have an issue 2 years from now pulling up along side a new Bronco. Because I've had decades of on/off roading top down fun with Jeeps. I'll be thinking of all the fun I've had with those. Real live vehicles driven by real live people. Right now. Not dreaming about 2 years from now. It's all money in the bank in terms of fun. Contrary to some other sentiments in this thread, it's the "someday" folks who are getting the short end of the stick.

To be clear - I like what I've seen so far of the new Bronco. A lot. And someday I might buy one. And as a 4x4 fan, I hope the new Bronco is a smashing success (when it finally gets here). But I haven't and am not waiting around, and the time it's taken Ford to get back in the game is unfortunate.

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just stopped by my dealership in Charlotte, NC and had a great conversation with the sales manager and my sales guy. They expect Ford to mandate these reservations be sold at no more than MSRP, but that hasn’t been communicated yet. He said they won’t be adding ADM and if Ford qualifies the Bronco for the X Plan I can use it. These guys were cool and told me everything they knew at this point which isn’t much, but they were straight shooters. They said if other dealerships are telling people specifics right now they’re lying because they are all waiting on Ford for more information. But they expect a communication to go out to all dealerships over the next several weeks. He said he’s been reading and keeping up with this site too and that most all dealerships have people doing the same.

Get this, this weekend at just their dealership they’ve received just over 300 Bronco reservations since the release on Monday night 7/13. We have 2 Ford dealerships in Charlotte and 6 more within a 15 mile circumference outside the city and my dealer isn’t the largest one locally. I asked him about the delayed release and he said since I got my order in around 9:30 the night of the release I should expect to take delivery within the first month that they start filling orders. He said that’s just his educated guess based on how their reservations have been coming in over the first week and a half. The one thing Ford has told them is all customer reservations will be filled before any dealer allotments. Just wanted to share my conversation in case it's helpful.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just stopped by my dealership in Charlotte, NC and had a great conversation with the sales manager and my sales guy. They expect Ford to mandate these reservations be sold at no more than MSRP, but that hasn’t been communicated yet. He said they won’t be adding ADM and if Ford qualifies the Bronco for the X Plan I can use it. These guys were cool and told me everything they knew at this point which isn’t much, but they were straight shooters. They said if other dealerships are telling people specifics right now they’re lying because they are all waiting on Ford for more information. But they expect a communication to go out to all dealerships over the next several weeks. He said he’s been reading and keeping up with this site too and that most all dealerships have people doing the same.

Get this, this weekend at just their dealership they’ve received just over 300 Bronco reservations since the release on Monday night 7/13. We have 2 Ford dealerships in Charlotte and 6 more within a 15 mile circumference outside the city and my dealer isn’t the largest one locally. I asked him about the delayed release and he said since I got my order in around 9:30 the night of the release I should expect to take delivery within the first month that they start filling orders. He said that’s just his educated guess based on how their reservations have been coming in over the first week and a half. The one thing Ford has told them is all customer reservations will be filled before any dealer allotments. Just wanted to share my conversation in case it's helpful.
Nice info. Also be sure you check out the great thread of dealership responses on pricing and ADM if you have yet to.

Dealerships, corporate, and the media are living on this forum lately and I hope it's all having an impact.

I certainly will not hesitate to call out any shady dealer or sales guy tactics in the hopes to watch them burn; likely won't, but anything is possible. Power to the consumer for once.

Hope the guy was right on delivery for you. Have a strong suspicion the build and configuration will have the biggest impact on deliver times with the 4 door being more popular taking longer.

Maybe Ford can bring another assembly line up and running; don't bet on that just being wishful.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if dealer inventory shows up before the reservations are filled I will be pissed

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still haven't sold my Audi yet, that'd be a real shot in the arm for my car funds, and if there's nothing else that sways me before my birthday, I'll stick with the beast

Then again, I already got a DD and while it's not stick, does it's job well, so I'm in no rush
Sponsored