redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

to add on to the Corvette talk, I am verymuch not a Chevy guy, never will own another.

But I am glad to see that Chevy finally said 'Fuck the purists, we are bringing the Vette back to what she was made for'. They have pulled all the stops and have turned her into an American made car that can run with the best of 'em. They went with what works best, not with what they've always done. And cheers to that.
I'm with 'ya there I bleed Ford blue. The "hoof" beats faster than the "heart". "SS" stands for super slug.

I was in Carlisle, PA at the corvette show putting exhaust on new vette's and they had the '20 there on display and of coarse I had to check it out. My first thought was … looks like a Ferrari !!!!!!! but then realized what they had done.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do any of you guys have the slightest clue what you are talking about? An off-road vehicle would be a terrible application of a DCT...
Yes, I do ..... just tryin to make the point about technology and what it was a manual or automatic ? and how one can get carried away with this CRAP.

Great for your race car but I don't think it is needed in off road vehicle, but then again I don't think it needs IFS either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

X2 I believe you are correct, but I am not an expert. I like to call it "jack of all trades but master of none" …… I know about a lot of things, but don't know a lot about one thing.

hey, I just caught it ..... do you live in Washington???
Yes sir.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, I do ..... just tryin to make the point about technology and what it was a manual or automatic ? and how one can get carried away with this CRAP.

Great for your race car but I don't think it is needed in off road vehicle, but then again I don't think it needs IFS either.
That was me busting your balls about F1 lol but either way, yeah, those magic transmissions like in the C8 are fantastic for track cars but for tooling around town I'd have a manual any day.

Also, wanna have some fun, go try to do a 3-point-turn in a paddle shifted car. That'll show you all you need to know about how good it is for offroad.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Getrag people already leaked that the new MT88 is only rated for 405lbft, so that would rule out the 3.5L, most performance minded hybrids, and various FI V6s and V8s.
Unless the hybrid is a milder IC RWD and then E FWD (not integrated with RWD).

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was me busting your balls about F1 lol but either way, yeah, those magic transmissions like in the C8 are fantastic for track cars but for tooling around town I'd have a manual any day.

Also, wanna have some fun, go try to do a 3-point-turn in a paddle shifted car. That'll show you all you need to know about how good it is for offroad.
I am not looking forward to this summer, when I go to Corvettes @ Carlisle, and have to pull a "20 'vette on the lift so we can rip the exhaust off to but a different one on.:crazy: It scared me when I got in them a few years ago and the car would say "welcome (customers name)" as it was crushing my chest into the steering wheel I didn't know what was going on. LOL I'm not into all that techno stuff on my vehicles. It's cool to read about it so I can understand it but I don't want it. I don't want to have to pay for it when I break it and believe me I will break it.

"Drive it like 'ya stole it" is always my motto If I break it then I upgrade it, then I will find the next weakest link, and so on ….

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[
I am not looking forward to this summer, when I go to Corvettes @ Carlisle, and have to pull a "20 'vette on the lift so we can rip the exhaust off to but a different one on.:crazy: It scared me when I got in them a few years ago and the car would say "welcome (customers name)" as it was crushing my chest into the steering wheel I didn't know what was going on. LOL I'm not into all that techno stuff on my vehicles. It's cool to read about it so I can understand it but I don't want it. I don't want to have to pay for it when I break it and believe me I will break it.

"Drive it like 'ya stole it" is always my motto If I break it then I upgrade it, then I will find the next weakest link, and so on ….
Ford Bronco The Clutch Gang charles-nooooo00oooooo0-get-outta-my-head-charles-http-www-myconfinedspace-com-34014188

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I used to be in the crowd thinking that DCT would be enough to keep me excited, but it certainly isn't. I'm now at the point that the only automatic cars I'll buy are cars I plan to flip. So needless to say, I'll only buy a manual Bronco, and if Bronco isn't offered in a manual, then I'm not buying

And no, DCT is not a manual, it's an automatic. We can stop talking about it now

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to be in the crowd thinking that DCT would be enough to keep me excited, but it certainly isn't. I'm now at the point that the only automatic cars I'll buy are cars I plan to flip. So needless to say, I'll only buy a manual Bronco, and if Bronco isn't offered in a manual, then I'm not buying

And no, DCT is not a manual, it's an automatic. We can stop talking about it now
If there's no third pedal, it's not a manual, simple as that

Again, dad had a '10 Boxster S with a Pdk (dual clutch), blazingly fast, but then I learned manual and it wasn't the same ever since

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ok but after you enlighten this old school guy what this acronym DCT stands for. Dual Clutch Transmission ???? maybe ????

and IMO if it has a clutch and a computer shifts the trans for you then it is a manual trans. If it has a convertor and shifts the trans on its own buy fluid dynamics then its an automatic. Just going buy what the driver input is, does not constitute what "type" of trans it is.

My Explorer is auto. It has a convertor and if I put it in drive it does everything, but I can shift it into manual mode but that doesn't make it a manual trans. If I push a third pedal and the trans has clutch just because the computer does all the work, no "mechanical" link between driver input and trans, then it is still a manual trans.
Sponsored