First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a feeling that will change with the 4 door + towing package. There's just no way that all engines, transmissions, packages, trims, and lengths have the same tow rating. Also, the individual specs are officially "TBD"

Ford Bronco The Clutch Gang bronco-lockers.PNG
Unfortunately, the “trailer tow package” is just the class II hitch and associated hardware, no real suspension change AFAIK. And a class 2 hitch is only rated for 3500lbs, so unless they release a new towing package with HD suspension and a class III hitch, it’s not looking hopeful

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, the manual is why I am getting it period. This is an extra vehicle for me, although my DD is a manual too. I was looking at the Gladiator since it comes with a manual, but the Bronco just fits into my needs better.

If it was auto only, I would not have even considered it. Really pleased with Ford for offering the minority a real choice.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Sasquatch on the Badlands and a manual was where I wanted to go so this news is a disappointment. If truthfully the only thing you give up here is the 35" tires and the 4.7 ratio then I could still be interested but it is has me looking at Jeep Gladiators again for some reason.
https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

The Bandlands/manual still comes with 4.70 gears even without Sasquatch. Swap out the 33s for 35s and you're there.

tb8983

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 1993 SSP mustang notchback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stuck between a sasquatch package on a black diamond(yes I know it will be an auto) and a manual on a badlands. Have a 2 door badlands reserved and it will all come down to price on the options I want. The badlands is the sasquatch package but has 33's instead of 35's which I can live with

Sponsored

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I have this right, it is an automatic, no third pedal, but yet has dual-clutch set up, I read that as no torque convertor, computer controls it all you just pick the gear. Everyone here like all this high technology I'm just throwing out there what is out there and what you could have someday.

paddle shifter. "for the first time in the car's history, is a dual-clutch unit. The launch-control functionality and far quicker shifts of this new eight-speed would easily outperform that of a manual-equipped car" taken from C&D
I had a dual clutch in my Lancer Ralliart and that was about the sweetest transmission ever made, but it is still not a manual. It was great, but not as ingaging as using a real clutch

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, the manual is why I am getting it period. This is an extra vehicle for me, although my DD is a manual too. I was looking at the Gladiator since it comes with a manual, but the Bronco just fits into my needs better.

If it was auto only, I would not have even considered it. Really pleased with Ford for offering the minority a real choice.
Ditto, ditto, ditto

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just give me the MT with the 2.7L and I'll be happy......

wanting a Badlands 2.7L MT.......

and before someone says ..... they would have to have a totally different MT for the 2.7L..........

I say ... they did a Brand New MT for the 2.3L, so they SHOULD HAVE designed it with a Bolt On Bell Housing (one for the 2.3L & one for the 2.7L) and with the internals to handle the output from a modified 2.7L.

Just Saying.......

Last edited:

OrangecrushAZ

Badlands
First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Raptor, ‘17 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just give me the MT with the 2.7L and I'll be happy......

wanting a Badlands 2.7L MT.......

and before someone says ..... they would have to have a totally different MT for the 2.7L..........

I say ... they did a Brand New MT for the 2.3L, so they SHOULD HAVE designed it with a Bolt On Bell Housing (one for the 2.3L & one for the 2.7L) and with the internals to handle the output from a modified 2.7L.

Just Saying.......
Same! 2.7 W/ MT, Please GOD ?. I don’t ask for much, make it happen, Ford!

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same! 2.7 W/ MT, Please GOD ?. I don’t ask for much, make it happen, Ford!
as disappointed as I am, I don’t think this is going to happen. I’m coming to grips with the manual only being Offered with the 2.3. I think it will be really fun to rev out those gears in stock form and with some bolt ons and tune it will make as much power as the 2.7. Of course you won’t have the potential of the 2.7 but I’m not looking for big power with the Bronco. I’ve had some really anemic 4cyls in the past , 22re Toyota pick up, Acura Integra, Nissan Sentra that were still fun with a manual

Jtycho

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Allroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Truth is I’m not an off-roader and probably never will be, but since this is the only square SUV with a stick shift in the US, and I’ve always loved the OB and rowing my own, Ford has left me no choice but to buy one!

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

as disappointed as I am, I don’t think this is going to happen. I’m coming to grips with the manual only being Offered with the 2.3. I think it will be really fun to rev out those gears in stock form and with some bolt ons and tune it will make as much power as the 2.7. Of course you won’t have the potential of the 2.7 but I’m not looking for big power with the Bronco. I’ve had some really anemic 4cyls in the past , 22re Toyota pick up, Acura Integra, Nissan Sentra that were still fun with a manual
With my 'vert Auto Mustang, I did 14.7 in a quarter mile when it was completely stock (Also not a racer)

Remind me remind me remind me later to take a pic of my dyno sheet at my parents house, definitely capable for a turbo 4banger

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn't JDM, but this was the 1st Dyno I did
Ford Bronco The Clutch Gang Dyno 1.JPG

This was without a downpipe and forget what else, so gains of 73.31hp/99.65

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't JDM, but this was the 1st Dyno I did
Ford Bronco The Clutch Gang Dyno 1.JPG

This was without a downpipe and forget what else, so gains of 73.31hp/99.65
That would be perfect on the Bronco. I was reading the Ranger forums and there’s some guys in the 13s with tunes. Pretty good for a 4000lb truck. I had an 03 350z which though I didn’t drag race they were maybe high 13-14 sec cars. Would be cool to have a Bronco that’s quicker than my 350z was:)
Sponsored