Sponsored

The cost of new cars in the US is up 12% in a year.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sure glad I got my price locked in, no matter if I get it this or next year. Lots of raw materials went through the roof in price lately. My build is already bordering on insanity for a car, an other couple thousand on top of that and I doubt I'd be here at all. Sales tax is already getting close to that place of no return for me, but I have to have this thing :-D

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you ordered without having the price locked in, Caveat Emptor. Once the ones who did not lock in start getting hit with ADM and other BS fees there will be great wailing and rending of garments up in here...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wait till all these folks find out that by opting for 2022 features they get 2022 prices ... Or maybe not cuz Ford has been so concrete on their promises so far.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just wait till all these folks find out that by opting for 2022 features they get 2022 prices ... Or maybe not cuz Ford has been so concrete on their promises so far.
Yeah - my read is unless I order the exact same badlands in 2022 (which I probably won’t because there will be new things to order), I am not protected.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah - my read is unless I order the exact same badlands in 2022 (which I probably won’t because there will be new things to order), I am not protected.
I hope that isn't they case, or that green paint is going to be damn expensive ;)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hope that isn't they case, or that green paint is going to be damn expensive ;)
Paint is one thing - adding mansquatch or choosing a different (maybe new) model or package or top is another. Also switching engines or something.

A lot of people made compromises in their 2021 order based on what was “available”, versus late availability or likely to slide you into 22. Presumably they may want to switch back to what they really wanted, or changed their minds about a few things.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Ford handles that. Also, is headliner still free?

Wonder if Heritage Edition is going to be like Mach 1, and we’ll have to do a new reservation? Also, if it will be apparent which Heritage features (white top) we can add to existing models when we have to decide on reserving or not.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You ain't seen nothing yet and it sure ain't just cars.
Most of the metals I work with are around 150-200% of what they were a year or so ago. That’s gonna have a huge impact on a lot of products pretty soon, I think.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of the metals I work with are around 150-200% of what they were a year or so ago. That’s gonna have a huge impact on a lot of products pretty soon, I think.
and gas, lumber, bread, milk etc...I wonder why?

BroncoOvrlndr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that beautiful white hardtop and green paint everyone has been dreaming of and choosing 99 for a ‘22 is going to now add $$$$$thousands to those builds!

And due to lumber increases the average price for a new build house is up by $35k!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually looked up the price guarantee for MY22 last night. It is pretty specific.

Ford Bronco The cost of new cars in the US is up 12% in a year. price protection.JPG

An equivalent 22 Bronco for me would be a MOD top Wildtrak with lux and towing, I'm assuming. I don't think the colors matter as much as the extras. If they offer something new, we would probably just have to pay extra for that feature, is my guess.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No lie though. I bought a ‘20 Raptor for $68k. Just configured similar build with a ‘21 and it came out to $75k. Ouch.
Sponsored