Sponsored

The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter)

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey everyone — first off, yes, I’m bitter.

u·nique
/yo͞oˈnēk/
adjective
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

In case you were wondering, Ford is unaware the meaning of the word “unique”. I know, guys, I KNOW, we are all sick of hearing us FE reservers talking about the interior, but honestly I feel a little bit betrayed.

When Ford said “unique” interior in regards to the FE, they really just meant “same as a loaded OBX”, and that just doesn’t sit well with me. Don’t get me wrong, the OBX is a beautiful car and heck, I might get it— but when I was promised something “unique”, I expected something that lived up to the definition of the word. (Pics below).

GIVE ME SOMETHING. I’ve warmed to the idea of the Navy Pier. Give me literally anything— a stamp on the headrest, SOMETHING, that says FE on the interior.

“I’m not mad, just disappointed”— the classic dad line really encapsulates my feelings right now.

07318CC5-9266-40FA-BA7E-4DCF2E1E2CF1.jpeg

179C12FD-89B0-443B-8BC7-F74313F0C873.jpeg
Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ford marketing got us all hook, line, and sinker. between the accessories that aren't available, options not available on certain trims, forced color choices that are bizarre, not clean so we can add our own color accents, and then sold us on a 50-60k car that comes with a fisher price top? i mean... they got us good. I kinda feel taken advantage of tbh. All that being said i was looking at WT/BL but i am now pretty much downgrading to base squatch with a couple add ons. Ford doesn't deserve my money for the higher trims and i don't want to feel taken advantage of. the base 2dr will be great resale because it will be the cheapest entry point into the bronco so it will hold value. I might warthog it in a few years which is another reason to not blow my load right now but man, if i could have customized a nice WT or BL, i'd be handing over all my money to Ford. They really screwed this up.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You probably get a nice “unique“ badge in the interior. ?

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone — first off, yes, I’m bitter.

u·nique
/yo͞oˈnēk/
adjective
being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

In case you were wondering, Ford is unaware the meaning of the word “unique”. I know, guys, I KNOW, we are all sick of hearing us FE reservers talking about the interior, but honestly I feel a little bit betrayed.

When Ford said “unique” interior in regards to the FE, they really just meant “same as a loaded OBX”, and that just doesn’t sit well with me. Don’t get me wrong, the OBX is a beautiful car and heck, I might get it— but when I was promised something “unique”, I expected something that lived up to the definition of the word. (Pics below).

GIVE ME SOMETHING. I’ve warmed to the idea of the Navy Pier. Give me literally anything— a stamp on the headrest, SOMETHING, that says FE on the interior.

“I’m not mad, just disappointed”— the classic dad line really encapsulates my feelings right now.

Ford Bronco The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter) 179C12FD-89B0-443B-8BC7-F74313F0C873

Ford Bronco The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter) 179C12FD-89B0-443B-8BC7-F74313F0C873
Your pricing will be "Uniquely" high...

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FE is a model that should have been shown at launch in detail. I’ve never seen a secret/unknown launch, special, or first edition vehicle before Bronco. It is nuts.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like we need to set our bar lower on the accessories. I mean, I love the concept Ford vehicles but I knew all along I wasn’t going to pay the dealer markup for them. I treat all the concepts for ideas I can use when I hit aftermarket when the warranty is up.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is one thing. Unique black stickers on the hood and bottom sides.
The WT also has one available but I think it actually looks better and has the name Wildtrak in it. ?‍♂

Ford Bronco The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter) 18447391-920D-4614-9CA3-F2FE89662D1B
Ford Bronco The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter) 48195069-E7EF-41C9-89DC-791F7E4C87C8
Ford Bronco The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter) 1828C2C7-00EB-4A8F-9063-5B5D53D1FA19
Ford Bronco The definition of “unique” (ya, I’m bitter) AF1FB1C0-3C1F-4AA6-9CF4-53CF0C47211C

Last edited:

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im pretty sure it’s not exactly the same as the OBX, so Technically it is unique. I think it’s a diff combo of blue and gray panels. That prob doesn’t make you feel any better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jmalinov

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is one thing. A unique black sticker on the bottom sides.
The WT also has one available but I think it actually looks better and has the name Wildtrak in it. ?‍♂
I think the WT graphic looks better too! Ha.

OP
OP
jmalinov

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Im pretty sure it’s not exactly the same as the OBX, so Technically it is unique. I think it’s a diff combo of blue and gray panels.
Hey, maybe that’s the case? Technically they didn’t show us the FE in the “build and materials” video. So you could be right..

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like we need to set our bar lower on the accessories. I mean, I love the concept Ford vehicles but I knew all along I wasn’t going to pay the dealer markup for them. I treat all the concepts for ideas I can use when I hit aftermarket when the warranty is up.
the problem is they sold us on these customizations and emphasized they'd be ready at launch so we don't need to lower the bar. Ford needs to be more honest with Bronco buyers. They'd be naive to think customers can't easily cross shop accessories so they should be relatively competitively priced... but a 2500 winch and 1800 light bar is the equivalent of lighting money on fire at a strip club. At least there, i have hope of getting excited and still leave depressed, unlike the B&P where i just click one thing that doesn't work then close the browser in shame lol

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey, maybe that’s the case? Technically they didn’t show us the FE in the “build and materials” video. So you could be right..
Compare the 360 viewers of the interiors in the b and p, they are a bit different.