Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 2 door Sasquatch shock numbers still need to be double checked. Here are the numbers I’m coming up with:

2.3 auto - tow and none tow
Front shocks: MB3Z-18124-J
Rear shocks: MB3Z-18125-J

2.7 auto - tow and none tow
Rear shocks: MB3Z-18125-BE
Which catalogue are you looking these up with and are you using a VIN?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which catalogue are you looking these up with and are you using a VIN?
Yeah I have VINs for each configuration then using HVBOM. None of them show a supersession. I figured HVBOM would be more accurate then any catalogue.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I have VINs for each configuration then using HVBOM. None of them show a supersession. I figured HVBOM would be more accurate then any catalogue.
Interesting. I looked up via VIN using Microcat, HVBOM and cross checked in DOW. That said, there could definitely be cataloguing errors which could've been worked out over the last month or two.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. I looked up via VIN using Microcat, HVBOM and cross checked in DOW. That said, there could definitely be cataloguing errors which could've been worked out over the last month or two.
That’s very possible. I have the VINs handy if you’d like to double check them when you have time. I can PM them to you.

Sponsored

T0mack

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 2.7L AT MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@flip I'd really appreciate your help clarifying part # details on an upgrade. I have a 4 door Black Diamond with 2.7L AT and Non-Sasquatch.

I'm planning on running Bilstein 6100s shocks and Sasquatch springs for a 4 door Black Diamond 2.7L Auto on my truck. I was inspired by this video, but her Bronco is 2.3L and a 2 door.

Part numbers for the 6100's are:

24-318594 (Front)
24-318600 (Rear)

I was planning on using the bump stops/shock insulators from the OEM Bilsteins instead of my Hitachis. I figured they'd work far better than the Hitachi ones. Their part #s are:

MB3Z-18198-C (Front)
MB3Z-5K570-C (Rear)

The shocks are the hard part. The part numbers I'm finding for the Sasquatch springs for a 4 door Black Diamond with a 2.7L AT are all over the place. FordOEM sites like this are telling me that almost every spring I put in from the OP table (attached) are Sasquatch. It seems like most of them just copy/paste the same info from somewhere.

The table suggests that these are the correct part #s for my upgrade:

MB3Z-5310-N (Front)
MB3Z-5560-C (Rear)

Can you please clarify for me if the part #s from the table are accurate for a 4D 2.7L AT Black Diamond Sasquatch? If not, can you point me in the right direction?

parts.png

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip I'd really appreciate your help clarifying part # details on an upgrade. I have a 4 door Black Diamond with 2.7L AT and Non-Sasquatch.

I'm planning on running Bilstein 6100s shocks and Sasquatch springs for a 4 door Black Diamond 2.7L Auto on my truck. I was inspired by this video, but her Bronco is 2.3L and a 2 door.

Part numbers for the 6100's are:

24-318594 (Front)
24-318600 (Rear)

I was planning on using the bump stops/shock insulators from the OEM Bilsteins instead of my Hitachis. I figured they'd work far better than the Hitachi ones. Their part #s are:

MB3Z-18198-C (Front)
MB3Z-5K570-C (Rear)

The shocks are the hard part. The part numbers I'm finding for the Sasquatch springs for a 4 door Black Diamond with a 2.7L AT are all over the place. FordOEM sites like this are telling me that almost every spring I put in from the OP table (attached) are Sasquatch. It seems like most of them just copy/paste the same info from somewhere.

The table suggests that these are the correct part #s for my upgrade:

MB3Z-5310-N (Front)
MB3Z-5560-C (Rear)

Can you please clarify for me if the part #s from the table are accurate for a 4D 2.7L AT Black Diamond Sasquatch? If not, can you point me in the right direction?

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes parts
They are correct to the best of my knowledge and sampling I did. It's entirely possible some of this could change at some point as it has already in the last 6 months.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Something that I noticed, since apparently I have the "wrong" front spring, is that Ford apparently used a substitute spring on the vehicle VIN that I used. It looks like what I really should have gotten was F-spring but ordered the C-spring, which honestly should not be a problem with the plastic bumper up front.

It strikes me that the spring rate is probably real close between the various Broncos, but that the heavier Broncos do get a beefier spring. For instance, the typical difference in front end weight between a 2.7 and 2.3 is only 150#.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I might’ve missed this. But does a badlands WITH Sasquatch ride higher than a standard Sasquatch?
I do not believe that it does.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's tempting to get the 6100 front shocks just to put the Hitachi springs in there to get an amazing Carolina Squat... LOL

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I might’ve missed this. But does a badlands WITH Sasquatch ride higher than a standard Sasquatch?
Badlands with Sasquatch = plus 0.43" higher than Badlands

There is only one version of Sasquatch, so when you add it to the Badlands it = standard Sasquatch

Badlands with Sasquatch = Sasquatch

1623675007580-png.png

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands with Sasquatch = plus 0.43" higher than Badlands

There is only one version of Sasquatch, so when you add it to the Badlands it = standard Sasquatch

Badlands with Sasquatch = Sasquatch

1623675007580-png.png
Thank you as always!!!

NamesLucky

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MT Badlands, '67 Bronco (gone by forest fire)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have bought some Sasquatch take off wheels and tires for my eventual Badlands Non-SAS Bronco. What are the off-roading implications of installing a spacer lift for something as small as 0.5-1 inch ,for the Badlands suspension specifically, to help it fit the 35s without body contact (assuming I also remove crash bars)?

I understand spacers usually limit travel, however I have seen from reading this thread that the stock sasquatch suspension has bumpstops? that limit travel anyways. I'm in process of trying to understand all this, but I am struggling here a bit with understanding the difference in what this does to suspension travel. Importantly, what will I lose installing a 0.5-1 inch spacer lift on a badlands suspension?

Alternatively, I know I could install Bilstein 5100s, however I did this on my F150 FX4 (different application I understand though) and it resulted in a stiffer ride, something I am looking to avoid while living on a 2 mile long washboard road. I'm not sure if the Bilstein's are inferior, equal, or superior to the stock Hitachi's in this regard, it appears most people that have experience with this say it results in a stiffer ride (albeit many people are increasing height by 2+ inches with these).

This bronco will be used for exploring and trails, so if a spacer is going to limit it too much I will sacrifice ride quality to get the suspension lift.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have bought some Sasquatch take off wheels and tires for my eventual Badlands Non-SAS Bronco. What are the off-roading implications of installing a spacer lift for something as small as 0.5-1 inch ,for the Badlands suspension specifically, to help it fit the 35s without body contact (assuming I also remove crash bars)?

I understand spacers usually limit travel, however I have seen from reading this thread that the stock sasquatch suspension has bumpstops? that limit travel anyways. I'm in process of trying to understand all this, but I am struggling here a bit with understanding the difference in what this does to suspension travel. Importantly, what will I lose installing a 0.5-1 inch spacer lift on a badlands suspension?

Alternatively, I know I could install Bilstein 5100s, however I did this on my F150 FX4 (different application I understand though) and it resulted in a stiffer ride, something I am looking to avoid while living on a 2 mile long washboard road. I'm not sure if the Bilstein's are inferior, equal, or superior to the stock Hitachi's in this regard, it appears most people that have experience with this say it results in a stiffer ride (albeit many people are increasing height by 2+ inches with these).

This bronco will be used for exploring and trails, so if a spacer is going to limit it too much I will sacrifice ride quality to get the suspension lift.
Here's my thoughts on the subject, I believe that if you remove the crash bars and use the proper wheel offset, then you should have no problem with running 35's.

I have a 2021 OBX with 33.5" tires on a 17x9 +30 offset rim. The didn't rub with the stock OBX shocks, springs, and crash bars.

However, as you can see in the following pictures, I now have the Badlands shocks and springs installed. I also removed the crash bars. Look at the amount of room I have. I am pretty confident that I can put 35's in there with no other modifications.

all pictures are of drivers side front.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes IMG_20220921_122602

inside turned fully locked left
Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes IMG_20220921_122555

distance to rear crash bar mount
Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes IMG_20220921_122530

upper control arm clearance
Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes IMG_20220921_122517

distance to front crash bar mount full lock right.

Plenty of room.

IMG_20220921_122554.jpg
Sponsored