Sponsored

NamesLucky

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MT Badlands, '67 Bronco (gone by forest fire)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks mpeugeot for the response! That would be good to not need a lift at all.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks mpeugeot for the response! That would be good to not need a lift at all.
I'm not sure if the Bilstein's are inferior, equal, or superior to the stock Hitachi's in this regard, it appears most people that have experience with this say it results in a stiffer ride (albeit many people are increasing height by 2+ inches with these).

By the way, you won't have the Hitachi shocks in a non-sasquatch Badlands. You will have the same suspension that I just installed (the Bilstein remote reservoir HOSS 2.0 shocks and springs with appropriate components depending on your specific build requirements - e.g. 2 vs 4 door, 2.7 vs 2.3, etc).

NamesLucky

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MT Badlands, '67 Bronco (gone by forest fire)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way, you won't have the Hitachi shocks in a non-sasquatch Badlands. You will have the same suspension that I just installed (the Bilstein remote reservoir HOSS 2.0 shocks and springs with appropriate components depending on your specific build requirements - e.g. 2 vs 4 door, 2.7 vs 2.3, etc).
Yeah, I caught that error after posting and re-reading some stuff. As I said, definitely learning as I go! Thanks again

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I'm kind of happy I saved the $4K and bypassed the SAS package, it is super cool, but I can do more necessary stuff with that $4K and when the time comes, I may upsize to 295's or 305's, but I'm won't if I can't get the clearance I need. I'm 48, with three kids and want to have fun, but getting crazy isn't required for fun anymore🤣. Not hating on the Sasq, I had even researched whether I could locate pull-offs, but never found the right deal and I think I'm better off for it, as it looks like it would have prompted more modifications. This was definitely a superb founation of information type of article I like reading, as I am a data nerd. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think I'm kind of happy I saved the $4K and bypassed the SAS package, it is super cool, but I can do more necessary stuff with that $4K and when the time comes, I may upsize to 295's or 305's, but I'm won't if I can't get the clearance I need. I'm 48, with three kids and want to have fun, but getting crazy isn't required for fun anymore🤣. Not hating on the Sasq, I had even researched whether I could locate pull-offs, but never found the right deal and I think I'm better off for it, as it looks like it would have prompted more modifications. This was definitely a superb founation of information type of article I like reading, as I am a data nerd. Thanks for the info.
Glad you found the info helpful, remember, Sasquatch is not just about lift, if you think you will ever want lockers, it is a cheap upgrade.

Sasquatch Package includes:
— 4.7 Final Drive Ratio with Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle
— 17” Bead Lock ready Wheels
— High Clearance Suspension
— Position-sensitive Bilstein Shock Absorbers
— High Clearance Fender Flares
— LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires (35”)

Sponsored

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you found the info helpful, remember, Sasquatch is not just about lift, if you think you will ever want lockers, it is a cheap upgrade.

Sasquatch Package includes:
— 4.7 Final Drive Ratio with Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle
— 17” Bead Lock ready Wheels
— High Clearance Suspension
— Position-sensitive Bilstein Shock Absorbers
— High Clearance Fender Flares
— LT315/70R17 Mud-Terrain (M/T) Tires (35”)
The Badlands already has the real goodies, front and rear lockers, Bilstein shocks, 4.7 ratio since I have the 7 speed and a suspension less than an inch lower, plus I have items the Sasq doesn't have rock rails, sway bar DC, MGV seats and wash out floors. So it was tires, a slightly higher suspension and fender flares that stick out more...all cool, but hardly worth $4K in addition to what I already had. Plus the funny thing is, the most pull-offs in terms of rims/tires I see from Broncos are Sasq package stuff. Now if I had not gotten the Badlands, well, a SASQ package would have been a must, make no mistake, on any other model. I had considered a Base with the Sasq, but I really wanted the sway bar DC and the seats and washout floors.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted this elsewhere, but this is what an non-sasquatch OBX with the rear locker only, sway bar still connected, can do with the Badlands shocks and springs.

I was pretty impressed with it this weekend. Thanks to Flip for hooking me up with the parts.

Sstone14

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've asked this in another thread but dropping here. At delivery I had the dealer install 315/70/17 KO2's and 2inch spacer lift on my BD with the original steelie wheels. It looks awesome, however, I am rubbing the UCA at full lock(just barely). Does anyone know the minimum spacer necessary for this setup to relieve the UCA rub? I am sure someone else has run into this same issue.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've asked this in another thread but dropping here. At delivery I had the dealer install 315/70/17 KO2's and 2inch spacer lift on my BD with the original steelie wheels. It looks awesome, however, I am rubbing the UCA at full lock(just barely). Does anyone know the minimum spacer necessary for this setup to relieve the UCA rub? I am sure someone else has run into this same issue.
IIRC - the steelies don't have pockets for the OEM studs which means you'll have to use 1.25" or 1.5" spacers. Check with the spacer manufacturer or look for the thread about Bora spacers.

Jms1

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sorry if this has been answered. Does anyone know the extended length of the Badlands and the SAS front coil over?

Sponsored

Zachr4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wondering if anyone have got their bronco without sas but installed front locker?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wondering if anyone have got their bronco without sas but installed front locker?
Any non-sasquatch Badlands is set up this way.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am sorry if this has been answered. Does anyone know the extended length of the Badlands and the SAS front coil over?
I forget the exact length of the front shock but the suspension travel is roughly 5% greater, however this may only be due to the fact that the bump stops are larger on the Sasquatch package.

@flip might be able to measure them.

Zachr4x4

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any non-sasquatch Badlands is set up this way.
Yeah, but I want to know if anybody installed aftermarket locker for the front for those who got non SAS.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, but I want to know if anybody installed aftermarket locker for the front for those who got non SAS.
It's not a locker, but my next project is a torsen lsd into the M190.
Sponsored