Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knows what Ford will do, until them it is simply what I'm calling the Bronco on 37" tires.
So the Warthog/Raptor...
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great info. Now add differential gear ratios of each. That would be nice to know too.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much for the old theory that a spacer would be good enough for me to fit 35s on my Badlands if I eventually wanted to go that route. Buying sas takeoffs and installing those shocks/springs on there should work though, no? Then can recoup some costs by selling stock badlands setup.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it's what I named the Bronco with a 37" tire lift in Table 4, I figured we needed a new name for it and more emblems to look forward to.
I like it :)

Sponsored

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wondered how long it would take for someone to catch that. It's author's privilege to name the Bronco on 37" tires as King Kong since its never been addressed before. I'm sure there will be many creative badges available. :p
Yeah, I like the "Mule" or "Steamboat" < (a famous Bronco), "War Horse" or simply the "Rodeo". :) Fun to think of cool nick names.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So much for the old theory that a spacer would be good enough for me to fit 35s on my Badlands if I eventually wanted to go that route. Buying sas takeoffs and installing those shocks/springs on there should work though, no? Then can recoup some costs by selling stock badlands setup.
Taking a look at Table 6 you will see the High Ride/Sasquatch has only one part number for front shocks and one part number for rear shocks, so for that part you are good. Now as far as the coil springs go, with 6 different spring part numbers, you may or may not have to change these out. For example, if you have a 2.7/AT and you buy takeoffs from a 2.3/MT, most likely they will use different part number springs due to the weight difference.

At this point I was unable to get source data other than the part numbers. For the time being, the VIN must be looked up to see the springs it uses, hopefully in the future there will be a cross reference table available. Here an example of a VIN look-up with the shock and spring part numbers.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes VIN Example of Shock and Spring part numbers

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great information...I wish it wasn't completely over my head.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1623698767965

I'm literally reading these charts like Alan.

I want to put Badland size tires (285/70/R17) on a Big Bend. The "true tire diameter" for those is 32.7in. Do I round up to 33in thus requiring a lift?

I share you question. I understand the chart where it says you "need" a .67" lift for 33's. But what happens if you don't? It looks like you have a lot of room (that's just an untrained eye, so pretty meaningless). The Badlands suspension is .67" higher, but does that mean you really "need" it if you want to put larger tires on?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I share you question. I understand the chart where it says you "need" a .67" lift for 33's. But what happens if you don't? It looks like you have a lot of room (that's just an untrained eye, so pretty meaningless). The Badlands suspension is .67" higher, but does that mean you really "need" it if you want to put larger tires on?
You don't "need it" if you don't care about full off-road capability, that you may or may not need or care about depending where you plan to drive your Bronco. The tires will fit but you will have to watch out for rubbing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking a look at Table 6 you will see the High Ride/Sasquatch has only one part number for front shocks and one part number for rear shocks, so for that part you are good. Now as far as the coil springs go, with 6 different spring part numbers, you may or may not have to change these out. For example, if you have a 2.7/AT and you buy takeoffs from a 2.3/MT, most likely they will use different part number springs due to the weight difference.

At this point I was unable to get source data other than the part numbers. For the time being, the VIN must be looked up to see the springs it uses, hopefully in the future there will be a cross reference table available. Here an example of a VIN look-up with the shock and spring part numbers.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 1623698767965
Interesting, thanks for the info! If it's swapping springs that won't be bad at all. Weren't there some pics showing that the exterior reservoir was flipped on the sas vs badlands on the shocks? I would think that would make them different part numbers unless it's just bolted on differently. Also wasn't sure if those were welded or bolted on.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do I really need a .67" lift to clear 285/70 (32.6") on a Base with +30offset wheels on my daily driver, mild trail rider.

..... what about the 33.8" 285/75?

Sounds like a leveling kit will cure many ills for the standard suspension.
No you won't need a lift for the 285/70... Just look at all of the jeep guys who put slightly bigger tires on their sahara's or sports. They run 285/70 even 295/70 no problems without rubbing at all. Now if you are going for maximum clearance for off roading then yes you need a lift. But around town and light trails shouldn't be an issue.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can finally answer the ongoing Bronco question, "how much lift" does each trim level have compared to the others?
Awesome presentation of data! Would be awesome to eventually add impact to breakover/etc angles and +/- articulation.

Am I the only one that thinks the sweet spot for overall capability is 35" sasquatch for 2dr and 37" w/coil lift for 4dr? I was originally thinking 37" for 2dr, but now I am not sure that it is worth the 3" center-of-gravity hit.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting, thanks for the info! If it's swapping springs that won't be bad at all. Weren't there some pics showing that the exterior reservoir was flipped on the sas vs badlands on the shocks? I would think that would make them different part numbers unless it's just bolted on differently. Also wasn't sure if those were welded or bolted on.
Here is my comparison chart of all the coilovers, the Badlands reservoir is flipped as compared to the SAS one, it is welded on. You're correct, they are different part numbers, look at Table 6 for the various ones.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes Bronco Shock Comparison 5-14-2021

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can finally answer the ongoing Bronco question, "how much lift" does each trim level have compared to the others?

Now that we have the Ford General Specifications document, Bilstein Coilover Information and Ford Part Number information we can finally get a clear and complete picture on what the stock Bronco lift dimensions are and what is possible to lift each trim level. In this discussion the goal is always to maintain maximum functionality of your Bronco for off-road use. If you want to do something for looks only, you may be able to bend the rules a little and do a budget lift, but you want to be cautious of tire rub, binding, CV joints and steering component damage or other unintended consequences.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. said something to the effect in his Hells Revenge interview video, to put 37" tires on the Sasquatch you need to go up 2 inches and out 2 inches. Going out 2 inches most likely will require new control arms. On the other hand, Ryan of 4WP, only recommended new control arms when doing a lift 3 inches or higher. Further, he prefers a +35 wheel offset to maintain the ideal scrub radius to minimize wear on components. While this thread cannot possibly address every variable, these are general guidelines that each manufacture will handle differently, depending on the lift kits they offer.

Each of the below tables can be read separately to understand the information or points made within that table. Some data is repeated in other tables to provide clarity or present the information in a different way to make it understandable to the most number of people. This thread is intended to help newbies and experienced alike, with those more knowledgeable forum members helping others learn the ropes of suspension modifications and lift. Please post any corrections or clarifications you feel are needed.

Thank you to @ZackDanger, @Razorbak86 for their knowledge shared and for some of our unnamed friends of the forum.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes Bronco Shock Comparison 5-14-2021

View attachment 130112

View attachment 130111
Thank you USER3847, ZackDanger,USER6973and Razorbak86 for your input and North7 for posting this information, certainly very informative to say the least. The good news that I take from this information, is that if I wish to put 35" tires on my Badlands, I just need to add a front spacer of 1". To go to 37", which I probably won't do, but I am considering, will require a 2.5" lift kit front and rear. Now the fun part begins, I need to start deciding...
Sponsored