redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BAUS67 good to here how a pro will handle their mods. For the others ways to "fit" bigger tires, are you thinking body lift, new fenders or something else?
I didn't want to derail your thread, it is about the suspension after all. Many here take offense to not "on topic" stuff so I refrained from going further.

body lifts bad idea now a days with all the sensor shit on trucks. asking for trouble. IMO.

Fenders, however, now that's a different story all together especially when it comes to the Bronco.

Bronco has removeable rear fenders as well as the front. Most times it has always been the rear is part of the quarter which is welded on to the body. It was described in here before as 10-15 bolts per fender and about 15 mins to complete each one. Thank you Ford !!!!

So this company has done fenders for many other applications so when they posted the latest fender for the new Silverado to fit 37's I made the comment, "good job, when do you think you will have ones for my Squatched Bronco to fit 37's " At least they replied with a like so I would be thinking they are ready to rock some cool shit. These are the same guys who made the fenders for the Fun Haver Ranger. ;)

https://www.advfiberglass.com/

Here is a pic I saved from a video of the fenders being removed. As you can see there is some room in there. I'm just saying.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 20210208_171409
Sponsored

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't want to derail your thread, it is about the suspension after all. Many here take offense to not "on topic" stuff so I refrained from going further.

body lifts bad idea now a days with all the sensor shit on trucks. asking for trouble. IMO.

Fenders, however, now that's a different story all together especially when it comes to the Bronco.

Bronco has removeable rear fenders as well as the front. Most times it has always been the rear is part of the quarter which is welded on to the body. It was described in here before as 10-15 bolts per fender and about 15 mins to complete each one. Thank you Ford !!!!

So this company has done fenders for many other applications so when they posted the latest fender for the new Silverado to fit 37's I made the comment, "good job, when do you think you will have ones for my Squatched Bronco to fit 37's " At least they replied with a like so I would be thinking they are ready to rock some cool shit. These are the same guys who made the fenders for the Fun Haver Ranger. ;)

Here is a pic I saved from a video of the fenders being removed. As you can see there is some room in there. I'm just saying.

Ford Bronco The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes 20210208_171409
A bunch of us 4Runner and Tacoma guys use their fenders as well. They are a great option when going with long travel setups or when putting spacers on.

Also, funny to see the horn tucked behind the light and off to the side like that. Usually they're behind the grill or somewhere up front

Busyboy19

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can try stuffing 33" tires on the OBX without a spacer list, you need to check for tire rub at full compression, such as speed bumps and potholes. If you rub you can get out the grinder or go with a mild 3/4" spacer lift which may be less than $500 parts and labor.
Thanks for the help. One quick question, How much concern should I have width respect to the width of the tire? The factory tire is 10" wide, if I jump to a little larger like a 275/70/18 the width goes to 10.8 as well as to 33.1" height. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20210208_171409.jpg
Dude, keep posting. This is awesome! :cool:

Your real-world work experience is a perfect compliment to the valuable technical analysis provided by @North7, because practically everyone tuning into this topic is interested in what flexibility the technical information provides for modifications and upgrades that involve lifts, suspensions, and wheels/tires.

Your experience is invaluable here, so I say, "Bring it!!!" :love:

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the help. One quick question, How much concern should I have width respect to the width of the tire? The factory tire is 10" wide, if I jump to a little larger like a 275/70/18 the width goes to 10.8 as well as to 33.1" height. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Height wise, you should be fine, width wise, with the stock wheel offset you only have about 1 inch of clearance between the tire and upper control arm. With your wider tire you will be 0.4" closer to it which may be okay for non-aggressive on road use, of course fit check first before you commit to buying.

For off-road use, it may be best to avoid airing down as the tire deformation could potentially cause rubbing.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming factory wheel (+55mm off) or matching specs, you are still slightly narrower than the Badlands 285 tire, which is thought the be the MAX width tire on a +55 wheel.
Ford, in order to get the wider 315 Sasquatch tire in there had to push the tire out and away from the Upper Control Arm . They achieved this by using less positive offset, +30mm to be precise.

That 25mm difference moved the tire out .98"

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone have knowledge or at least a decent theory why the BD has a different shock front and rear than a Base/BB/OBX? Springs have the same PN. More dampening? More travel?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As expected, a big thank you goes to @JCAntimatter who has found the first aftermarket 1" spacer kit.

cf6f1398f6a9db31bc5de11fc3bf4b25bccfc342_f1102_03.jpg
So I'm ready to take some slings and arrows, but here goes. I am not a newb and have installed suspension mods of various forms, but after looking at the install guide an easier way presents itself with this kit since it doesn't need any rotation.

1. Jack stand under A arm, suspension is compressed, remove wheel, install spring compressor (snug to hold spring in compressed state)
2. Remove upper or lower coilover retaining nuts. Raise vehicle from frame. Coilover should disengage, Remove remaining coilover nuts
3. Install kit on coilover reinstall. Lower frame lift, tighten hardware.

IDK seems easier than disengaging upper ball joint, tierod and particularly CV shaft.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone have knowledge or at least a decent theory why the BD has a different shock front and rear than a Base/BB/OBX? Springs have the same PN. More dampening? More travel?
The Black Daimond has full steel bash plates. The BD shocks may be 0.1" - 0.2" taller to offset the weight and keep the ride height the same.

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I like the "Mule" or "Steamboat" < (a famous Bronco), "War Horse" or simply the "Rodeo". :) Fun to think of cool nick names.
Why not "Pepe" or " Little Mule"?
From Romancing the Stone.
I can't do video work or I would add a clip from the movie. Funny as heck and one badass Bronco!

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not "Pepe" or " Little Mule"?
From Romancing the Stone.
I can't do video work or I would add a clip from the movie. Funny as heck and one badass Bronco!
Joan Wilder!

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Height wise, you should be fine, width wise, with the stock wheel offset you only have about 1 inch of clearance between the tire and upper control arm. With your wider tire you will be 0.4" closer to it which may be okay for non-aggressive on road use, of course fit check first before you commit to buying.

For off-road use, it may be best to avoid airing down as the tire deformation could potentially cause rubbing.
Do you think the variance in size between 315’s from different brands could cause rubbing on a Squatch?

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just here to say you guys are awesome! Thanks for keeping the information and guidance coming!
Sponsored