John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you will potentially need bump stops or something to limit upward travel for the reason you explained.

All of these problems is the reason the stock BL has the “most capable” suspension from the factory, since Sas limits travel to prevent rubbing of the 35s…. But that’s only if you measure “capability” by suspension travel…sometimes what you want is travel, sometimes what you want is clearance, sometimes you can get both…

…And then there’s portal axels.

This is a very deep subject, with a lot of geometry and not-necessarily intuitive cause and effect… a lot, if not most, of the questions you’ve expressed have already been explained and litigated on this very forum… not to mention I assume numerous times on the Tacoma forum.

It’s pretty cool stuff…
I’ve been wondering if there’s a way to add 35’s to the non-SAS BL and also not have to limit travel. Hopefully someone figures it out!
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you will potentially need bump stops or something to limit upward travel for the reason you explained.

All of these problems is the reason the stock BL has the “most capable” suspension from the factory, since Sas limits travel to prevent rubbing of the 35s…. But that’s only if you measure “capability” by suspension travel…sometimes what you want is travel, sometimes what you want is clearance, sometimes you can get both…

…And then there’s portal axels.

This is a very deep subject, with a lot of geometry and not-necessarily intuitive cause and effect… a lot, if not most, of the questions you’ve expressed have already been explained and litigated on this very forum… not to mention I assume numerous times on the Tacoma forum.

It’s pretty cool stuff…
So short answer; Coilovers aren't all good either right?

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

37x12.5r17 KM3s 36.5in real world fit Sasquatch with no lift and no rub to date. Keep in mind this is at 40psi. The trail will never see 40psi. Around town will definitely never rub for the guys that don't plan to really push them.

I have the KM3s but the KO2s are the same size or at least thats what it says on their website.

Please see Pics a true 37in tire will rub at full articulation. But not a 36.5in KM3 Also I think if I had a 13.5 it would rub.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/37x12-5r17-km3s-sasquatch-badlands-no-lift.26479/

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have we been able to get any more clarity on the springs?

For example spring rates/lengths, or even a listing by GVWR for what springs might go with which configurations?

I would be more than happy to put together a collection of VINs by various trims/suspension/engine/GVWRs if we could better identify which springs are likely to be used with various configurations.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Special thanks to @flip for helping me research this!!!

I did a little research and found the following:

2D 2.7 OBX No Sasquatch
Shocks F: MB3Z-1824-A R: MB3Z-1825-A
Springs F: MB3Z-5310-M R: MB3Z-5560-D
Bump Stops F: MB3Z-18198-B R: MB3Z-5K570-B

2D 2.7 Badlands No Sasquatch
Shocks F: MB3Z-1824-D R: MB3Z-1825-D
Springs F: MB3Z-5310-K R: MB3Z-5560-F
Bump Stops F: MB3Z-18198-C R: MB3Z-5K570-C

2D 2.7 OBX Sasquatch
Shocks F: MB3Z-1824-J R: MB3Z-1825-K
Springs F: MB3Z-5310-F R: MB3Z-5560-F
Bump Stops F: MB3Z-18198-C R: MB3Z-5K570-C

So rather than do a 1" spacer lift (which would be cheap), I am going to upgrade to the Badlands No Sasquatch Suspension

Parts list for the change:
Front -
MB3Z-1824-D (x2) Front Shocks
MB3Z-5310-K (x2) Front Springs
MB3Z-18198-C (x2) Front Stops
Rear -
MB3Z-1825-D (x2) Rear Shocks
MB3Z-5560-F (x2) Rear Springs
MB3Z-5K570-C (x2) Rear Stops

Hope to get a Bronco to install these on...

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just ordered the BL shocks and springs for a Badlands 2.3 MT to put on my Black Diamond 2.3 MT. Will get good measurements before and after to see how much lift I actually get by just swapping out the coilovers. Current tire size will be 255/80/17 on stock wheels, but plan on 285/75/17 or similar when I acquire a cheap set of wider takeoff wheels.

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been wondering if there’s a way to add 35’s to the non-SAS BL and also not have to limit travel. Hopefully someone figures it out!
This is my question as well. I have a badlands on order. I want to stay as close to OEM as possible with my build, however eventually I would like to put 35's on my BL.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are Sasquatch springs/shocks interchangeable on a base suspension setup? Found a deal on a set and considering it vs spacer lift. Thanks!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are Sasquatch springs/shocks interchangeable on a base suspension setup? Found a deal on a set and considering it vs spacer lift. Thanks!
Provided that you are getting the right spring rate and shocks for your vehicle.

So if you are getting shocks/springs from a 4 door WT and trying to put them on a 2 door 2.3 MT base, you probably want to rethink that.

There are probably a dozen ways to look at this.
The shocks are easy, so let's tackle them first.

ModelFront shock 2/4DRear Shock 2DRear Shock 2D -BB Only
BASE/BB/OBXMB3Z-18124-AMB3Z-18125-AMB3Z-18125-B
BD 4DMB3Z-18124-BMB3Z-18125-C
BD 2DMB3Z-18124-CMB3Z-18125-C
BL 2DMB3Z-18124-DMB3Z-18125-D
BL 4DMB3Z-18124-EMB3Z-18125-E
Sasquatch 2DMB3Z-18124-JMB3Z-18125-K
Sasquatch 4DMB3Z-18124-KMB3Z-18125-K

I reserve the right to be wrong on the above chart. The motor is not a factor on shock rate.

Spring rates are tougher, mostly because they are "computer selected" for the individual vehicle and the closest way to get the right answer is to get a build that is otherwise nearly identical to your own.

Front Springs / Rear Springs
MB3Z-5310-? / MB3Z-5560-?

The problem is that
you have 5/11 spring rates active in the Bronco front spring line-up (A-F, J-N)
you have 6/6 spring rates active in the Bronco rear spring line-up (A-F)

A 2 D 2.7 OBX front spring was M and rear was D.
A 2 D 2.7 OBX Sasquatch front spring was F and rear was F.
A 2 D 2.7 BL - Non-Sasquatch front spring was K and rear was F.

As you can imagine between all the trims, motors, transmissions, and 2D v 4D, that gets complicated, fast.

Last edited:

UncleCarl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco :|
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is all really useful info for me(someone who knows little about off-roading going into my Bronco ownership).

I have a non-Sas BD arriving in a couple weeks and would like to put 33s on it. It's mostly for cosmetic reasons as I find the 32"s to look a touch small on the 4 doors. Based on the metrics shared I only need a .67 spacer to be able to accommodate? Given the rake can I install a 1" level kit up front and be good to go here or do I need to hit all 4 corners?

I do understand the tradeoffs between COs and spacers and am ok with just using spacers. While I will hit some trails I don't foresee myself pushing this thing to its full limits. I'm buying it mainly as a surf/mountain bike/camping trip rig.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is all really useful info for me(someone who knows little about off-roading going into my Bronco ownership).

I have a non-Sas BD arriving in a couple weeks and would like to put 33s on it. It's mostly for cosmetic reasons as I find the 32"s to look a touch small on the 4 doors. Based on the metrics shared I only need a .67 spacer to be able to accommodate? Given the rake can I install a 1" level kit up front and be good to go here or do I need to hit all 4 corners?

I do understand the tradeoffs between COs and spacers and am ok with just using spacers. While I will hit some trails I don't foresee myself pushing this thing to its full limits. I'm buying it mainly as a surf/mountain bike/camping trip rig.
If it were only for cosmetic reasons you could just put the 33" tire on with no lift and be done, very minor chance of rub if you fly the speed bumps at 50mph.

Now you say some off-road, try the no spacers first, need more, add just the front spacers and see how it does. Need more, then add the rear spacers.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By the way, the advantage to putting a Badlands shock and spring setup on the Bronco versus a spacer lift is substantial.

With a spacer lift, you do gain additional clearance for larger tires and that's it.

With a Badlands suspension on the Base/BB/OBX, in addition to the 0.67" lift, you gain 10.7% more front and 14.6% more rear suspension articulation. This is also 4.8% more front and 4.1% more rear suspension articulation than the Sasquatch package.

What is unclear to me is whether or not the Black Diamond has additional articulation over the Base/BB/OBX packages (as it uses different dampers).

Nothing wrong with a spacer lift, but the additional capability of the Badlands suspension certainly could be worth it.

RyanJ007

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got confirmation that my 2021 Badlands non Sasquatch is in production. I ordered a 3.5" lift kit and then received a phone call that it will not fit and that there is no lift available for the Badlands models yet. My intentions were to put 37's on it but now I am not sure where to start at.

Does anyone have a link to lift kit that will work with a non SAS BL?

THANK YOU - I also work for a dealer if you need anything.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just got confirmation that my 2021 Badlands non Sasquatch is in production. I ordered a 3.5" lift kit and then received a phone call that it will not fit and that there is no lift available for the Badlands models yet. My intentions were to put 37's on it but now I am not sure where to start at.

Does anyone have a link to lift kit that will work with a non SAS BL?

THANK YOU - I also work for a dealer if you need anything.
Here you go, a number of lifts are available, numerous threads. Let me guess, you dealer told you no lifts?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/5015960/?q=Lift&c[title_only]=1&o=date

RyanJ007

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here you go, a number of lifts are available, numerous threads. Let me guess, you dealer told you no lifts?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/search/5015960/?q=Lift&c[title_only]=1&o=date

I am in commercial sales at a Ford dealership and ordered a Zone lift from Rudys Diesel who I have bought tons of stuff from. Well that lift will not fit a Badlands they found out. I have a credit card in my hand and standing by for whoever has a lift in stock... most of the ones I am seeing are not available currently.
Sponsored