First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why did Ford have to make them so terrible? They got it right with the Raptor and the Bronco R, why did they cheap out on the production version? Does anyone have any insight that we'll see a different version on the "Raptor" Bronco verision?

3tj7he.jpg
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why did Ford have to make them so terrible? They got it right with the Raptor and the Bronco R, why did they cheap out on the production version? Does anyone have any insight that we'll see a different version on the "Raptor" Bronco verision?

3tj7he.jpg
via Imgflip Meme Generator
The Bronco Rā€™s fenders would never be street legal, the tires are basically not covered at all by them

Iā€™d definitely like to see a bit more flare to the bodywork and then a more raptor-like plastic piece though.

Iā€™m also still hoping it looks better in person than the pictures weā€™re seen

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These appear to me to be a lot like the, quite a bit larger, Wrangler flares or fenders (depends on how you look at it). With all the hype around the Bronco I'm sure the aftermarket will be flooded with options and MANY different styles. Wrangler market even has metal replacements for the plastic factory pieces. (y)

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m torn on this. I do love the BroncoR fenders and how they remind me of my first mustangs fenders. But I am happy that Ford didnā€™t over do the metal fender and added a plastic option(s!) Those metal fenders that pop out are going to get damaged on a trail. With all the fender options available for Jeeps I am drooling at the aftermarket possibilities 6-12 months after launch. I just want to know what 37s look like with a mild lift. Then I can start guessing on fender size and shape.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
personally i like the fender flares..gives you the option of a wide track without the unhandy width that you get with wide fenders. (i.e if you buy a bronco for a daily leave it stock and it fits most places, buy one for wheeling put on biigg wheels and bigger flares to keep it legal) just my opinion. maybe could be shaped different but not a deal breaker, at least they r round

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who loves wheeling, these fenders are exactly perfect for wheeling. The tires sit way past the bodywork which is what makes cjs and wranglers perfect for tight trails. These fenders keep you legal while the tires coming past the solid body work keep your paint clean. Tear up those fender flares and you are looking at $500 for a new set. Tear up your wide raptor baja styles fenders on a tree or rock or scratch it on a bush and you are looking a minimum $1500 bodywork bill. I started my offroading in jeeps and all I ever tore up was soft tops while dragging it across trees. I laid a cj5 on its side in mud hole and only cracked a marker light. When i switched to a 84 bronco and took the same trails i wrecked everypanel on it so I fixed that with super offset 70s Firestone 15x10s and 33x14 boggers. Then no more fender damage.

Basically what im saying is that Ford made this thing for wheeling in all types of terrains wide open( high speed ifs) and tight trails(wide replacable fender flares). I also bet one of the accessories they are working on is wider flares for when people put 15 inch wide 37s on their bronco.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't mind them they have actually grown on me a lot sense I saw them first, plus it let's make a wider track so one can take a corner harder than if it was in the body work without the flairs, the f-150 raptor flairs look cool but hate that type as it traps dirt and mud and just rust it out, I personally will just go aftermarket and get smaller metal flares or not I really don't mind then at all

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am 100 percent down for those flares.

Gimme.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Like I said somewhere else, that ABS absorbs the abuse on the trail (especially if you add rock sliders that extend out about the same depth too). And I am sure the aftermarket will be at SEMA within a year with aluminum and steel armor fender options that can be painted body color once youā€™ve damaged the ABS ones.

Also, IMO, if they did the Bronco R or Raptor style fenders, theyā€™d depart too much from the simple look of the EB. Much like the hoods and angry eye grills, etc for the Wrangler, I am sure theyā€™ll be Bronco R style aftermarket options too.

Sponsored

mack73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender or Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree those flares are not great - but I'm reserving judgement until I see an actual production version. Could simply be a prototype or some rapid thing they put together for testing.

But worse case, the aftermarket can fix this pretty easily and cheaply.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, the fender flares are the one major part that I'm not a fan of, based on what we've seen so far.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
TBH most stock jeep fenders are fugly too. Aftermarket will take care of that if you're not a fan, my guess is that there are probably some DOT regs they have to follow.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
TBH most stock jeep fenders are fugly too. Aftermarket will take care of that if you're not a fan, my guess is that there are probably some DOT regs they have to follow.
Oh yeah I'm sure there are. As for Jeeps, they've always had prominent (front) fenders so I think it works fairly well for them.

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like I said somewhere else, that ABS absorbs the abuse on the trail (especially if you add rock sliders that extend out about the same depth too). And I am sure the aftermarket will be at SEMA within a year with aluminum and steel armor fender options that can be painted body color once youā€™ve damaged the ABS ones.

Also, IMO, if they did the Bronco R or Raptor style fenders, theyā€™d depart too much from the simple look of the EB. Much like the hoods and angry eye grills, etc for the Wrangler, I am sure theyā€™ll be Bronco R style aftermarket options too.
some aftermarket companies have been contracted by Ford to produce optional flares (accessories) at launch. Like FCA and Jeep they are trying to capture a large part of the accessories business from the start. SEAM this year will be Ford only in regards to showing the Bronco. Come SEMA 2021 that is when you will see all the aftermarkets jump in. If you don't like the stock flares be patient you will have options. Unfortunately there will be some aftermarket designs that will look even worse but for some reason people will buy them.
Sponsored