First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Bronco is a 4-door BB 2.3 A51 soft top with Mid pkg. Jan ‘21 order with a July delivery. Far exceeded my expectations and no regrets. Tailgate table added at nominal price and 33” Kenda’s aftermarket added are without a doubt integral to the stance.

Best advice- Get the bags for the doors and take them off. Cash in Ford points for 50% off the cost of the bags, a savings of about $200. Lock your dealer in for price before you take delivery.

My wife and I took the Bronco to the Beartooth and the Chief Joseph scenic hwy in Montana all the way from Florida .

Superb experience, but my only complaint is no flip down cup holders for rear occupants when the doors are off.

After a great trip to Montana we took the Bronco to the Florida Keys and experienced what it was built for …

With all the doors and top off across 7 mile bridge and all the way to Key West right before sunset.
Stay the course, you won’t be disappointed!

7D4CE302-ECE4-4606-A5E8-7518DC5F567D.jpeg

1EC12406-271A-4FE8-A39B-05D2A0CCD586.jpeg

453F4F97-3D40-40AC-82A6-B766E3AF1BA9.jpeg

2ECA53D3-1051-4CE1-BEA7-7F9362953394.jpeg

85BD7699-6FE6-4B7D-B892-433B9F84DB27.jpeg

8CF6C2CF-8CF0-4096-83AE-E99F91CC3F16.jpeg

3A9DB5A8-9FD0-4BD9-AAA8-CCA2E6D0706E.jpeg

A803CB87-7FC1-4C11-A7E8-840B8FCF98AB.jpeg

08F68DB9-4032-4EB8-A889-56A6B0B1D62A.jpeg
Anyone else notice the badge looks a bit like "the bird"?
Sponsored

OP
OP
RWBigBend21

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
50% off door bags? Searching…
If you cash in the Ford Points awarded after you buy the Bronco you should have around forty thousand plus points depending on what you paid for the Bronco, that equates to $225 in cash that I got from the dealer to spend. I used it for four bags .

OP
OP
RWBigBend21

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
great write up and pics !!! couple of questions
so you have the 2.3 IL 4 cylinder ?
and you also have the 3.73 rear axle ?
you mentioned that you have enough power for your needs ! so it's a little peppy with 93 octane correct

just curious cause I've ordered a 2.7 on a 2D with 4.27 rear axle /locking diff.
maybe I will change it out to a 2.3 IL (. hopeful it will be a faster build )
Oh yeah the 2.3 single turbo for me is fast enough, and great in sport mode the 2.7 has a twin turbo I believe. This four cylinder isn’t what 4 cyl used to be back in the day. The Sport mode will keep you happy.
I was a day two reserv , and I didn’t order any of the high demand items last January and it paid off for me . I also liked the price point for my budget on the Big Bend with the Mid package

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you cash in the Ford Points awarded after you buy the Bronco you should have around forty thousand plus points depending on what you paid for the Bronco, that equates to $225 in cash that I got from the dealer to spend. I used it for four bags .
Okay gotcha. I misunderstood you,lol! I got 242,000 points to spend

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed on the premium, filled my first tank with the Shell product and just a short jaunt on the freeway had the average up to 22.6 in Eco mode. Giving it a better test tomorrow. Going on a similar jaunt to Vegas for the Off-rodeo via Fort Smith Lake in AR, Tucumcari NM, Flagstaff AR, and then on to Bend OR and Cali to see my brother and cousins. Return via Bryce Natl. and may have to go to Key West now you've reminded me.
The Off Rodeo will not disappoint. TX was AWESOME! We did it on Oct 30tg.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jelly! Of that epic trip! Thanks for sharing looks awesome all around.
I’m 4,500 miles in of non stop smiles

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After a great trip to Montana we took the Bronco to the Florida Keys and experienced what it was built for …

With all the doors and top off across 7 mile bridge and all the way to Key West right before sunset.
Stay the course, you won’t be disappointed!
I live in South Florida and have driven to Key West a few times in a car with tinted windows and a roof on and still got toasted by the sun. I can't imagine doing it in a convertible with the doors off, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nice looking Bronco.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never heard of Kenda tires ..are they Chinese? I know a lot of Chinese companies are really getting into making budget tires

OP
OP
RWBigBend21

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in South Florida and have driven to Key West a few times in a car with tinted windows and a roof on and still got toasted by the sun. I can't imagine doing it in a convertible with the doors off, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nice looking Bronco.
[
I've never heard of Kenda tires ..are they Chinese? I know a lot of Chinese companies are really getting into making budget tires
Taiwan and yes China since 1962. Apparently, the new R&D Team for them is in Canton, Ohio now. I wouldn't have bought them and was planning on the BFG or Nitto Grapplers but a Tire guy who came very highly recommended said he loves his, last longer and quiet, but great look, so I went with them.

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changing the factory 32" Bridgestone's to Kenda 33" tires changes the whole look. The Kenda's fit perfectly, a very slight increase in highway noise but fit with no issues. The 33's are 285/70 on 17" stock Big Bend wheels
Going from 32" to 33" tires, did it cause any issues with the speedo or odometer?

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I kept it at about 5 miles over the limit on the Interstate but when we started the trip once we got to Chattanooga we took back roads north for beautiful country and historic towns. I'd say I averaged 19-20 mpg. Montana is great as you can do almost 90.
Don't forget to cash in or save those Ford points for purchases. Also, the second Bronco Nation vid on you tube ( the Red Bronco one) and what can happen with chipping paint if you don't protect the door edges during door removal. The front doors are 60 plus lbs and the rears I believe are about 45 lbs. Placing the bags on before you actually remove them is a must in my opinion. It's overall easy and you can do it at about five minutes for each door is my time so far.
How do you know if you’re getting ford points? I remember reading something about it way back, but not sure exactly. Do they populate after you take delivery? Can I go ahead and negotiate with the dealer?

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome but I think an explanation might be needed.

For those that were wondering what that is on the dash, it's called a Road Atlas. It doesn't have a dot or an arrow to show you where you are. It doesn't tell you when to turn or which way to go. It does not correct your mistakes when you miss a turn. It just shows you possibilities. You have to look around and figure things out.

Use of this tool often leads to a thing called Adventure.
Hell. Yes. Was hoping someone would post exactly this.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad you mentioned that and thanks for noticing because I have to say the Road Atlas is great and in my opinion the Atlas gives you a better upfront way to explore. So much info and every little town is on 'one spread' in front of you. It's good to show kids and explore over it in the hotel room or campground and it doesn't need to be charged. It's a great resource on the road because you can then add your waypoints to nav and research via the phone or tablet as well. For example, we found Pompey's Pillar (early 1800's Lewis and Clark graffiti ) in Montana which I doubt I would have even known about from just glancing at the Nav screen off the freeway route. I'm 52 and some of us remember stopping to buy paper maps and AAA trip ticks. Nav really is great if you know where you want to go but we took a lot of back roads and that's when the fun starts. Everyone should have one on cross country trips
And your kids will learn valuable navigation skills. (When I was a kid) on family road trips I was in charge of the map and my wife wonders how I remember highways and interchanges from trips back then when her and I travel out of state!
Sponsored

Last edited: