Smess

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

…..and we wait.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally some good news about this fiasco we call Bronco.

OP
OP

Smess

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might add that the dealers on the dealer to dealer network have the First Edition vs the non First Edition vehicles priced 15-20k apart even if their sticker price is within hundreds or a thousand of one another.

Again with 95% of them with the make offer option.

two weeks ago there was one page of dealer to dealer cars, there are 45 on a page, this morning there are 3 pages and 20-30 going down the lane but remember the auctions are closed so its not live.

over 200 have been added in the last two weeks, compare that to the number of people that say their dealer screwed them when the car arrived.

265-70 is a lot of vehicles with less than 1000 limes on them

the numbers are all a pattern, 4cyl no one wants if its a 4dr

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your insight. I agree with the premise that the Sasquatch package should not have been offered on all trims and perhaps only available on the FE and WT for the first year. It is a terrific value especially on the lower trims.

I've watched public auction prices for the FE and the price is falling. There are way more 4-drs than 2-drs so 2-drs seem to still carry a premium. But at the end of October, there were FEs at Mecum that would realize upper-70k-lower-80K. There was a glowed up BaseSquatch that realized 65K.

We can all agree that no way should a BaseSquatch be valued within 5-10K of a FE, but the results were there. Having the Sasquatch package available on all trims has devalued what makes the FE special.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This isn’t too surprising….. with 7500 or so produced. How many Middle East princes are there? How many people go to Barrett Jackson with 80k for something new? People spend big for one offs and customs, not new factory vehicles. Glad to hear some dealer getting checked.
CFA35A3B-1116-49AE-B1E7-CD27C89B25AF.gif

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if the First edition was special in some regard it would be different? Other than badging what do you get? Why pay a premium?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your insight. I agree with the premise that the Sasquatch package should not have been offered on all trims and perhaps only available on the FE and WT for the first year. It is a terrific value especially on the lower trims.

I've watched public auction prices for the FE and the price is falling. There are way more 4-drs than 2-drs so 2-drs seem to still carry a premium. But at the end of October, there were FEs at Mecum that would realize upper-70k-lower-80K. There was a glowed up BaseSquatch that realized 65K.

We can all agree that no way should a BaseSquatch be valued within 5-10K of a FE, but the results were there. Having the Sasquatch package available on all trims has devalued what makes the FE special.
I'd also like to add that if the Sasquatch package was only available to the FE/WT for MY'21 that would have retained the exclusive feature option and distinguished them apart from the lower trims.

Ford then could have offered the Sasquatch package on the Badlands and OBX in addition to the WT for the MY'22. Slowly each year offer the package to lower trims. It would have driven sales to higher trims and created less constraints on the Sasquatch package as the components wouldn't have been available for the lower trims.

The Base trim should have only served as the entry level sub-30K marketing point. But Ford's decision to offer it across the board has benefited consumers by being able to option a fully capable Bronco at a much lower cost than the higher trim counterparts.

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I looked on Cargurus yesterday, nationwide for 2021 Broncos. There were over 800 ”used” Broncos that someone has flipped. Prices are stupidly high, but reminds me to remain patient. CarMax, Carvana, Pilsner Ford have lots of those used Broncos. I think if buyers can be patient then they’ll be rewarded With lower prices.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused on what the sasquatch pkg and dumb dealers that BOUGHT used broncos for over sticker have in common.

The sasquatch pkg being available on all trims is great. Its something Jeep doesn't do and helps the Bronco imo.
Sponsored