First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not sure a higher trim level will hold its value substantially more than a lower trim.

I say that because the average used-car buyer likely will not appreciate the subtle differences in features that a First Edition offers over, say, an Outer Banks with a Sasquatch package. Features with no perceived benefit have no value in a customer's mind.

On the other hand, in your example between a First Edition and a stock base; yes, the bigger wheels and tires, higher stance; leather interior, etc. will demand a higher price as it should. Those "bigger" items have more perceived value rather than just the name of the trim package.
The FE might do better simply because its limited production, aside from this 10 years down the road nobody is going to care much about what model it is. Look at how well Jeep XJs (original Cherokee) do and they are as bare bones as they come, its part of the appeal. The Base is likely to hold its value the best from a percentage standpoint, and has best residual value rating.
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What would be a lesser desired trim? I would expect lower trims to be more popular moving forward as off the lot buyers are going to be more value conscious than reservation holders. But yeah definitely agree the OP is like this is unique to the Bronco. Its just common sense. That comment in all caps about it being a mistake to offer sasquatch on the base -- why? To force people to the top model? It seems to me the take rate for the top models was/is pretty high even with sasquatch being offered on the base. Makes no sense. I think Jeep is the only loser here.
I would suspect Big Bend and Base would be lesser in demand? I don't know which ones will end up being lesser, but I can tell you there are always some trims in more demand than others, even if only slightly so. Those will end up on dealer lots with discounts to move earlier than the more in demand trims.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
Draws?

Do you mean drawers, like boxers or skivvies; or do you mean jaws? If the former, I've gotta warn you, you may not like what you see.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What would be a lesser desired trim? I would expect lower trims to be more popular moving forward as off the lot buyers are going to be more value conscious than reservation holders. But yeah definitely agree the OP is like this is unique to the Bronco. Its just common sense. That comment in all caps about it being a mistake to offer sasquatch on the base -- why? To force people to the top model? It seems to me the take rate for the top models was/is pretty high even with sasquatch being offered on the base. Makes no sense. I think Jeep is the only loser here.
Due to weight limits the lack of towing and o factory roof rack would make an FE a less desirable trim in many minds. And it is not like the FE's were the actual first units off the line. In my mind all FE's should have been produced before any other units - that would make them special, otherwise it is just a trim level, a unique badge, and as we have seen half exclusive to those with the additional cost of a daily driver to throw at it.

Bonz50 said:
I've been trying to convince my youngest that a base squatch would be a near perfect vehicle for him to take to college in fall of '23. he has his heart set on a mustang though like his older brother.

A base non-SAS would be better, better mileage, cheaper tire repair, yadayada going to and from and do not let him take a softtop onto a college campus unless it is already a beater.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get what he's saying...

tenor.gif

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Due to weight limits the lack of towing and o factory roof rack would make an FE a less desirable trim in many minds. And it is not like the FE's were the actual first units off the line. In my mind all FE's should have been produced before any other units - that would make them special, otherwise it is just a trim level, a unique badge, and as we have seen half exclusive to those with the additional cost of a daily driver to throw at it.

Bonz50 said:
I've been trying to convince my youngest that a base squatch would be a near perfect vehicle for him to take to college in fall of '23. he has his heart set on a mustang though like his older brother.

A base non-SAS would be better, better mileage, cheaper tire repair, yadayada going to and from and do not let him take a softtop onto a college campus unless it is already a beater.
Can get the rear stabilizer bar now which allows for a rack. Can be retrofitted. Further many of us got factory tow installed after our Broncos arrived. Unique combo of the best of a wildtrak and badlands. Might hold value might not due to its limited production. Personally that's not why I got one anyways.

Be fun if it does, but doesn't matter to me either way.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still not sure what the OP was trying to say - maybe it's a rant about the resale value of First Editions being similar to other lines? But when I look at Autotrader I see dozens of Broncos in the ATL area, $60-$100k. I could flip mine for $10k minimum (if Ford could actually finish building it and deliver it).
Are they selling or just unrequited offers?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The dealer to dealer network gaming system is coming to an end for the Bronco. Meanwhile I will be rewarded with a high end Badlands at invoice $. I win and can take the 20k saved and go buy a SxS for fun 🤪

ravenb99

First Edition
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
the only think exclusive to the FE is the Lightning Blue. To have all the other colors that were available across all trims seemed a bit silly to get a FE in any other color but the LB if you were getting it for any sort of rarity. Most special editions and trims only come in an exclusive color or interior so the fact you could get everything else for the most part on all models made it less of a collectible to begin with. The black painted top would of helped some but that got cancelled. Still think long term their isn't going to be that many LB out there. Especially 2door. Most FE I've seen around town are Cactus Grey, Area 51 or Cyber Orange. If that 7k produced was among the 4dr and 2dr and not each type and most went with other colors the LB FE's should still be pretty limited overall. Can't imagine there will be over 1k of the 2 door and probably 2k of the 4dr or so just as a guess. Sure it is just a color but a very popular Ford color as well. I was offered well over msrp for mine when I got in early December and knew it wouldn't be any higher then the early ones or then but decided to keep it. Waited 1.5 years for it and wasn't worried about it dropping below purchase price over the next few years so figured I'd get some enjoyment out of it. Just hit 1k miles this week on it and so far been great.

Only thing I would of done different is bought the 392 Rubicon while I waited and flipped that when the Bronco came just never thought it would go that long.

Next will be to decide on the Sequoia. That reveal was pretty impressive especially with the hybrid i-force max standard on all models. Still have my old one and find I still need the bigger vehicle for some work stuff and family travel to fit everything.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

People want to hate on the FE’s but the reality, go try and build any trim with the exact some color combo and features as a FE. It becomes apparent quickly how you’ll be missing something, from grill color/style, door handles, front sway bar disconnect, interior packages, color of various trim pieces to LB exterior color, black bead lock ring etc to name a few…….all the things that make a FE exactly what it is. Yes, you can go with another model and be perfectly happy, because not everyone needs whatever a FE has or doesn’t but it’s still the point. A FE is what it is…….and no other Bronco can be sourced as it is. 🤷‍♂️ Again, doesn’t mean it’s any better or worse then another Bronco, it’s just what it is.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We can all agree that no way should a BaseSquatch be valued within 5-10K of a FE, but the results were there. Having the Sasquatch package available on all trims has devalued what makes the FE special.
[/QUOTE]
I gotta say, I'm not one of "all" because the price the auction brings doesn't reflect the "value". Auctions of this magnitude are for impatient suckers. The basesquatch put this vehicle in my wheelhouse. I could have purchased a FE but I chose not to. 60k is crazy money for something that depreciates tremendously after a couple years. No way I was going there. Ford set a benchmark and achieved it without regard to "auction value".

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We can all agree that no way should a BaseSquatch be valued within 5-10K of a FE, but the results were there. Having the Sasquatch package available on all trims has devalued what makes the FE special.
I gotta say, I'm not one of "all" because the price the auction brings doesn't reflect the "value". Auctions of this magnitude are for impatient suckers. The basesquatch put this vehicle in my wheelhouse. I could have purchased a FE but I chose not to. 60k is crazy money for something that depreciates tremendously after a couple years. No way I was going there. Ford set a benchmark and achieved it without regard to "auction value".
[/QUOTE]

Until supply chain issues, chip issues, and low inventories resolve themselves, they won't be depreciating very fast. A fe owner that paid msrp or less will be just fine value wise for a good, long while.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would suspect Big Bend and Base would be lesser in demand? I don't know which ones will end up being lesser, but I can tell you there are always some trims in more demand than others, even if only slightly so. Those will end up on dealer lots with discounts to move earlier than the more in demand trims.
Agree.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm still not sure what the OP was trying to say - maybe it's a rant about the resale value of First Editions being similar to other lines? But when I look at Autotrader I see dozens of Broncos in the ATL area, $60-$100k. I could flip mine for $10k minimum (if Ford could actually finish building it and deliver it).
Listing at any given price and actually selling are two different things though. Since the used car market went sky high folks are putting anything and everything up for sale to see if someone is willing, dumb enough, or desperate enough to pay that.

So I think it's just a trend of casting your worm into the water and see if by some wild chance a confused fish bites. There have been Broncos listed here where I live for 6 months or more for silly mark up's. Haven't seen one sell yet, which I personally think is a good thing. At a certain point those folks will either start driving and enjoying them or will have a reality check and need to sell/unload the lottery ticket they thought was a winner but the new car scratch-n-sniff smell wore off.

OP
OP

Smess

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
his post is saying that on the auction market which is primarily dealer to dealer, broncos are not trading well since there is considerable push back on the dealer ADM scam from the buying public. If more people walk away from shitty deals and the dealers cant find legit buyers then they try to auction or trade the vehicles on the dealer auction network. the more in the auction markets the less worth the have.
Yes that is 100% correct, in addition the extremely small focus group that a certain member is concentrating on as he is trying to quote me and discredit my statments when compared to the huge group of over 250 more people (maybe less as a dealer might have multiple vehicles) when studied further would not only further explain what I said earlier but it would also tell a lot more about what is going on. My reason for posting, to let the people on here that have been accusing dealers of foul play and lack of ethical business practices know that there statements have merit.

Funny how there is not one 4cyl 4dr sale listed in that focus group. Maybe none were sold.

Either way, I dont have time to give a lesson on supply and demand as no one on here that has made comments about my comments clearly undestands it in depth based on their incorrect statements of what that does to price.

Most important point that was missed is that dealers dont normally buy vehicles and sell them at a loss.
Furthermore, I am not sure if a certain person works for a Ford dealer, but I am not sure he even knows how to read as he accused me of not being a dealer, not have access to this information on my own etc. when I clearly in my opening statement explain all of those things and to be honest I have no dog in this fight as it is not a fight its a fact finding and stating exercise.
Sponsored