Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, the house argument doesn't really hold up because when you buy a house, you're locked into the LOCATION. So markets can definitely play a factor there...

With vehicles... You can go anywhere you're willing to, get the best deal, and drive it home.

That's why when I got my "toy" reverse trike, I flew (using points) to California and drove it back to TX and saved thousands...
It does in the sense that he likely wouldn't mind if people overpaying, as he calls it, drove up his home value and allowed him to make a windfall when he sold it. Crazy how it's okay until the shoe is on the other foot.
Sponsored

emotoring

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Wildtrak (sold) and 2022 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a licensed Dealer, I'm not sure where the OP was pulling his Manheim information from, as it does not appear to be accurate. MMR on a FE Bronco is $81k and dozens have traded hands at auction over the last two weeks at that price or above. I'm on the website right now looking at 'closed' sales, across the Country. Is pricing contracting? Yes. Are FE Broncos selling for below $80k at auction? No.

LSU_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But Ford's decision to offer it across the board has benefited consumers by being able to option a fully capable Bronco at a much lower cost than the higher trim counterparts.
This. And I'm all for it.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As a licensed Dealer, I'm not sure where the OP was pulling his Manheim information from, as it does not appear to be accurate. MMR on a FE Bronco is $81k and dozens have traded hands at auction over the last two weeks at that price or above. I'm on the website right now looking at 'closed' sales, across the Country. Is pricing contracting? Yes. Are FE Broncos selling for below $80k at auction? No.
If they are trading hands at the auction, wouldn’t that be dealer to dealer?

From what you see, do you see what dealers are getting from an actual consumers? Are dealers just buying and selling the same vehicles over and over? I would think Broncos selling price at auction, isn’t a great barometer of market price.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If they are trading hands at the auction, wouldn’t that be dealer to dealer?

From what you see, do you see what dealers are getting from an actual consumers? Are dealers just buying and selling the same vehicles over and over? I would think Broncos selling price at auction, isn’t a great barometer of market price.
Dealers are not going to keep paying more than the market will bear. They are in the business to make$, not lose it. So somebody has to be buying some of these at these prices on the retail side or dealers would not continue paying this for them at auction.

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After many hours of research I have some information that is going to make your draws drop but its about time!!!

I have a car dealers license but I dont sell cars, or at least only help good friends find one at the auction etc but dont make money off friends.

As most know the Auction is the heart beat of the car World , dealers buy there if they dont get enough trade ins and then sell auction cars usually shooting for a minimum of 10-20 percent profit or more.

The auction results for the Bronco are nothing I have ever seen before. We watched the Corvettes Sell like hot cakes, used car prices are up due to supply vs demand.

Jeep is killing it with the 392 V8 but the Bronco is handing the car dealers their ass to themselves.

The numbers are so obvious and consistent Nationwide.

BEFORE YOU READ BELOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT BRONCO MADE A HUGE MISTAKE BY ALLOWING THE SASQUACH PACKEDGE COME ON EVERY LEVEL OF BRONCO. YOU NOTICE THAT THEIR WRANGLER RUBICON HAS ALWAYS SOLD CLOSE TO OR AT STICKER IF THEY HAD ONE AT ALL. NOW THE V8 EXTREME RECON EDITION IS OUT AND THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE FROM THE DEALER LOTS IN THE FIRST 30 DAYS

FORD SHOULD HAVE AT A MINIMUM HELD OFF ON THE SASQUACH EDITION OR AS AN OPTION FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER THE LAUNCH BUT MADE IT AS A LAUNCH FEATURE.

This is what has happened-

The dealer screwed people with deposits, ordered cars in friends names and all their normal games. They are trying to charge over sticker premiums and they are buying over sticker at the auctions for First Edition Broncos.

But guess what???

The consumers are flipping them the bird and they are not playing in to it which is great.

The average price a car is sold for at auction is referred to as the MMR and while we dont have the time to analyze every car and every option dealers just have to take an average for that model and the computer generates the MMR.

A dealer wants to sell way above mmr and buy at auction as far below as they can.

Ok here comes the good news.

The MMR on a first edition was 75-87k when they first hit the streets, there are now 245 Broncos on the dealer to dealer website the they try to horse trade with one another or they eventually run them down the lane to be sold.

However, the asking price of the Dealer to Dealer interactions is not only lower than the MMR they paid on the buy side, but they are also offering a make offer in addition to the sell at a loss price.

CAR DEALERS DONT SELL AT A LOSS BUT IF THEY DO IN THIS CASE THEY WONT DO IT WITH THE CONSUMER BECAUSE THEN THE GIG IS UP!!!

The sell side of First Editions is 60-70 depending on 2 or 4 doors.

and when I say 60-70 I mean like 61-62 to 71-72

First editions sticker in many cases for high fiftys

In a nutshell Americnas are fighting back, they are not paying premiums and it appears they are using the dealers own games back at them.

If this continues the sell over MSRP scenario will stop (if it has ever even started) and hopefully the car market in general will cool off.

I can not remember ever a time when this exact scenario ever happed but all I can say is KEEP IT UP AMERICANS!!!!!!

and dont worry about the losses, you all have made plenty go money over the years

NOTE- as a Bronco buyer, if your name has been on the list and you were only buying it to flip it. You might want to think twice about that purchase.
Great insight... do more lol!😂

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers are not going to keep paying more than the market will bear. They are in the business to make$, not lose it. So somebody has to be buying some of these at these prices on the retail side or dealers would not continue paying this for them at auction.
Isn’t it possible that a dealer buys a FE for $80K, tries to sell it for more than that, doesn’t find a buyer and puts it back on the block? It could be like a game of musical chairs and the last one standing when the music stops is going to lose out.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd also like to add that if the Sasquatch package was only available to the FE/WT for MY'21 that would have retained the exclusive feature option and distinguished them apart from the lower trims.

Ford then could have offered the Sasquatch package on the Badlands and OBX in addition to the WT for the MY'22. Slowly each year offer the package to lower trims. It would have driven sales to higher trims and created less constraints on the Sasquatch package as the components wouldn't have been available for the lower trims.

The Base trim should have only served as the entry level sub-30K marketing point. But Ford's decision to offer it across the board has benefited consumers by being able to option a fully capable Bronco at a much lower cost than the higher trim counterparts.
The base trim is a terrible car. It is not capable at all without options and the options add up fast. For most it makes sense to get a BD or BB instead of a mildly optioned base. I can see Ford making decent margins on the Base and having fewer supply chain issues with fewer components.

CookinWithGas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Farm trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sure it has been mentioned, but the FE draw from day one was limited run production... the pride of having a first year, all options version.

SAS is just one component, albeit a significant visual (for most) component, of the Bronco, and offering it across the board is perhaps the second best decision to actually offering Bronco itself and not just the Bronco Sport alone.

At auction, and in lots of other consumer spaces, I would argue there is a bubble inflated with peoples FOMO and perceived discretionary income. I am curious about how the next decade unfolds, but that’s a much different thread.

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found a dealer with with a $53K 2dr base, only option was roof rack.....I hope it rots on his lot. He bought it at auction.
I was offered 59k by Vroom for my base 4dr Sasquatch 😳. What price would they have put on it!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The base trim is a terrible car. It is not capable at all without options and the options add up fast. For most it makes sense to get a BD or BB instead of a mildly optioned base. I can see Ford making decent margins on the Base and having fewer supply chain issues with fewer components.
Base models of most cars are loss leaders. At least to the dealer who maybe has a spread of $500 and a mere $150 in holdback and with that they pay sales floor half, cover the free first oil change, not enough to keep the lights on. Especially if they hold it long enough that floor plan interest starts kicking in.

Money is made , outside of ADM, on upgraded trim and accessories. Once the dealer starts clearing $1500/ vehicle it makes the dealers spouses happier

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's not true. I look it is a capable Bronco that can be improved on with options. But those options aren't necessary. So many fall into the trap that a vehicle needs to be optioned both from the factory and aftermarket to become capable. But that mentality is paralysis of ever testing the capabilities. Look at what @Dusty has done with his stripper base. It has seen more challenging terrain than most Broncos will ever see.

Last edited:

Due51

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the MMR list of FE 4DR Broncos sold at dealer auctions for the month of January. This list is actual dealer-to-dealer sales transactions.
Ford Bronco The First Edition Bronco WILL go down in US History as the first American vehicle to BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME LOL! [Auction Pricing Insight] Screenshot (28)

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Compare the Base Bronco with a Base Wrangler and it looks less 'terrible'. As someone who ordered a base, it's perfect for my needs. I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a base and a BB. Only difference I see is the wheels/tires. Are those worth $3K? I think the BB is where ford is making their money, especially since that seems to be the only trim they're pushing out...

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's not true. I look it is a capable Bronco that can be improved on with options. But those options aren't necessary. So many fall into the trap that a vehicle needs to be optioned both from the factory and aftermarket to become capable. But that mentality is paralysis of ever testing the capabilities. Look at what @Dusty has done with his stripper base. It has seen more challenging terrain than most Broncos will ever see.
Base order holder here. IMO, the base only needs better tires to become more 'capable'. My BD take offs that I got will do that just fine.
Sponsored