Sponsored

The Fun Haver, Fun Runner LT just released at SEMA!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what's the delivery date for the axles? :LOL:
Honestly my off-roading with the Bronco in MN is moderate at best. Mostly fire roads/state trails to hunting spots or running across snow packed frozen lakes like the one in front of our house. If I was still living in the Sierra Nevadas near the Rubicon trail with all my Jeeping buddies, Iā€™d be ordering the axles. :)

I got a chance twice last summer to ride/drive a RZR with a bunch of my two oldest ā€œkidsā€ and their friends. It was nothing but high speed off-road smiles for hours! I lost count of how many times all 4 wheels were airborne. Iā€™m shopping for one right now and they are actually better for the type of winding, narrow, trails we have for off-roading in most of northern MN. The one Iā€™m looking is only $28k and its off-road suspension capabilities are nothing short of amazing with 20ā€ and 22ā€ of usable front and rear wheel travel!! The 125ā€ wheelbase combined with the 155ā€ length(19ā€ shorter than an 2 door Bronco) and 64ā€ width makes them incredibly stable. I can drive it right from our lake home to the nearest trails without trailering.

Ford Bronco The Fun Haver, Fun Runner LT just released at SEMA! 05AE3288-4BFA-4AD4-B23A-B9927FED54B0
Ford Bronco The Fun Haver, Fun Runner LT just released at SEMA! D480E61F-5FB2-4A61-A6C9-C0B22F42B8AA

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can this still be driven on the street? What is the top speed with those portals?
That depends on what final drive ratio you currently have on your Bronco. For the Sasquatch with 4.7 gears I personally think it's going to be a decent hit to highway speeds if you don't go up in tire size by a significant margin. I input some basic numbers into a calculator (all assuming 10th gear with 10 speed automatic, 22% gear reduction and Sasquatch package specs) and below is what I found.

4.7 Final Drive Ratio
RPMTire Size (in)Theoretical Speed (MPH)
5.7 Final Drive Ratio
RPMTire Size (in)Theoretical Speed (MPH)

These are obviously just theoretical speeds and doesn't take into outside physics like aerodynamics or how hard your motor will be working to achieve these RPMs with the given tire size. I do think it gives a decent idea of how much of a speed hit a 22% gear reduction will have (on a Sasquatch package). Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.
Sponsored