First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ate wings literally yesterday from a local restaurant (not to mention purchased some for next week at the grocer), no shortage of chicken wings here that I know of. Potentially regional.
Are you sure they were actually chicken? Lol
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since it looks relatively dry in the area. These folks are spilling more than filling.
:rolleyes:
1620771431458.png
Those are the new government mandated spill proof cans.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WTF. How did she get a license and how does she find her way home?
Maybe if she used 89 vs 93, it matters if she made it home? 🤷‍♂️Ask that guy 👆

Edited: not mdonathan56
The other guy that knows everything

Last edited:

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, consider downloading the Gas Buddy app... that helped to let me know which stations in the area were out of gas, or charging a ridiculous amount per gallon. Looks like I'll be getting my scooter back on the road for the summer!
It would help if gas buddy wasnt down. Has been down all day here.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I picked the wrong time to quit gas efficient cars … Mustang GT daily driver at least sounds good so I have that going for me

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is the truck drivers retiring early during and prior to the pandemic. Currently companies are short nearly 100,000 truck drivers. If you can’t move the goods you won’t have them. Also there is currently a surplus of gasoline but not enough trucks on the road to get it to you.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got gas today in Houston and zero wait and only one there. Good luck y'all.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The problem is the truck drivers retiring early during and prior to the pandemic. Currently companies are short nearly 100,000 truck drivers. If you can’t move the goods you won’t have them. Also there is currently a surplus of gasoline but not enough trucks on the road to get it to you.
This^^. There is no gas shortage. Just people willing to get off the couch making more to sit there. Anyway.....

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that this is even a tracked statistic really blows my mind. Thank God for the chicken wing statisticians out there, truly some of our nation’s most precious treasures.
Since I live near the Poultry Capital of the World, I know a lot more about this subject than any sane person probably should. o_O

Chicken wings used to be out of favor, so they were plentiful and cheap (i.e., two wings for every bird, so supply > demand), but demand slowly increased over the years because of smart marketing.

In the '60s and '70s, demand for whole chickens was high, but in the '80s, demand shifted to boneless/skinless chicken breasts, so wings became an inexpensive byproduct for chicken producers. To capitalize on the lower-priced protein, smart restaurant owners and bar owners started experimenting with menu items and eventually realized that they could charge low prices for inexpensive wings covered in spicy/salty sauces, and beer sales would go through the roof. 🍻

At the same time, sports bars with multiple TVs and satellite dishes were becoming more commonplace, and the most popular sporting event to watch with friends in bars is football. Plus wings were easily shareable -- a great “group food” to eat with other people -- and were the perfect pairing with a pitcher of beer, so the bond between pigskin and chicken wings was born. 🏈

Now poultry processing plants are struggling to staff up, due to COVID restrictions and close-proximity processing lines, but demand is skyrocketing as the economy opens up. Classic supply/demand imbalance, so the price of wings has skyrocketed. 😖

TL;DR -- Blame marketing for the current shortage in chicken wings.

-- Resident poultry nerd 🤓

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly this. And why do I get the feeling that the real money isn’t in the Russian backed Ransomware but in the markets? So glad I have 2 EV’s and charge at home enjoying that free solar juice.
Maybe this week the car dealerships selling electric vehicles might have a surge in sales.....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Driving through 3 of the most affected states this weekend to see my parents. Perhaps the only time I've been excited I don't have my Bronco yet!
Sponsored