Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a shortage of truck drivers. I once looked into driving trucks.....why didn't I do it? It doesn't pay shit!!! Same thing with police officers depending on your locale. It really isn't worth it. Both occupations put their lives on the line daily and aren't compensated fairly for it. It's supply and demand on the people as well as the product. It's a sick game we are subjected to playing. As far as chicken wings, I'll eat something else. Ketchup has never been important to me and packets are just wasteful. Fuel? I have 3 motorcycles and several bicycles. I can make the 20 mile jaunt to and from work. Toilet paper? Detachable shower head doubles as a bidet......
Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re saying diesel is unaffected?
Diesel would be affected eventually as well (perhaps less so because there are less diesel trucks on the road), as it is purely because of a lack of truck drivers not any BS about the pipeline or Biden like other people keep suggesting.

It's also going to start affecting other industries as well, like groceries, if the trucking companies can get drivers hired fast enough.

P.S. I just came off of a consulting job with a major grocery chain working on a logistics platform and have seen the effect it has had first hand. They have been talking internally about it for a couple weeks now.

Last edited:

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes. Glad I drive a diesel.
I literally just filled up 30 minutes ago. Paid like $54 for 14 gallons of Premium. Anyway I will always see anything less then $100/tank as cheap. Why???? Because I will never forget back in '08 or '09 filling my diesel truck twice a week at $105 a tank. Diesel was over $5/gallon back then.

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mostly, at least here in Eastern NC. All the gas stations in my town are out of 87, 89 and 93. But we have diesel. Less diesel vehicles on the road = less panic buying during stuff like this.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just when I thought the stupid panic buying with toilet paper was over, they pull me back in. :LOL: That said, they made a massive mistake of not simply paying the ransom quietly and then discosing it. The sad reality is that most companies are better off paying the ransom than trying to fight it. It's basically the penalty they pay for being this stupid.

• Sad
Reactions: jxc

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rising gas prices prior to a new model launch is a Bronco tradition since gen2.
Lucky for us Ford has screwed up the Bronco launch so badly that by the time the vast majority of us get our broncos we won't even remember this. :cautious:

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around here it is for right now. The QT near me is out of everything but diesel. No lines at the pumps either due to this.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry sorry, lately my job has devolved into yelling at people who either cant drive(like a blind person) or refuse to follow local laws. All day long! And they dont even let me throw coconuts at tourists anymore! Love the stresses of life.

I will say this any one complaining about gas prices. I havent seen gas under $3 in 7 years and last tank I paid $4 something because I didnt have time to drive to town. Still cheaper than bottled water. Wait till that pipeline gets shut down because too many folks took a dump in the lake. People dont get water and people will start eating people. But then we move up in the Bronco line?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry sorry, lately my job has devolved into yelling at people who either cant drive(like a blind person) or refuse to follow local laws. All day long! And they dont even let me throw coconuts at tourists anymore! Love the stresses of life.

I will say this any one complaining about gas prices. I havent seen gas under $3 in 7 years and last tank I paid $4 something because I didnt have time to drive to town. Still cheaper than bottled water. Wait till that pipeline gets shut down because too many folks took a dump in the lake. People dont get water and people will start eating people. But then we move up in the Bronco line?
I’m honestly surprised based on everything I’ve heard about Hawaii that gas isn’t more expensive than $3 a gallon.
Sponsored