lean beef
Fuel
TP seems to be ok now
Camping equipment
MREs
Ammo
Wood/lumber
Who knows what else...
Our grand parents and great grandparents knew a thing or two.
A lot of ways, knowledge, and mentality is lost.
Saw a meme back at the beginning of all this last year that said "You're getting ready to find out why Granny washed and reused her tin foil."
Sadly this might actually be true.
But society isn't tough enough or mentally prepared for that scenario. And way too many people on the planet now vs. 1930. Back then most people survived by their own means and having tight-knit families/communities.
It could get ugly fast.
Probably won't.
Not this time, probably not next time....but at some point that fuse is gonna light and the cow will be out of the barn by then. (more Granny speak).

Ya'll might wanna brush up on some overlanding info and identifying what you can/can't eat in nature. And a ball bat with barbed wire in case of zombies. Your chances are extremely low, but never zero. :LOL:
The one survival supply folks overlook is Vics Vapo Rub. When it hits the fan ,you need to make your home appear to be already ravaged by roaming gangs. Water, food, batteries, some fuel, ammo and Vapo Rub. The Vapo rub comes into play as the stench from the corpses on your property, that were the result of your shooting to preserve your life, begin to rot. Sticking Vics in your nose takes away the smell.
Yes, it's just another thing that sucks because of BAD people out there. Hackers......go and get a real job like the rest of us.
Far as I am concerned, hackers should face execution. The havoc they create in peoples lives is unbelievable.
Sponsored

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a fake shortage.

I mean, yeah the pipeline is busted, but there is gas in the USA and we have an interstate system and plenty of fuel tankers. It's only 40% of the east coast capacity and that can easily be supplemented by trucking in gas.

That means prices go up because cost to move the fuel goes up. It means some gas stations that are not part of major chains (Think Exxon vs that local no-name gas station) may not have access to gas because their normal means of acquiring it has run out, but the big chains are going to be trucking it in from four states away. especially if prices jump.

The only reason gas is running out is because people are crowding gas stations and emptying out what would normally last a week, in 24 hours.

It's the new toilet paper.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From a computer hack, huh? If Commander Adama were in charge, there would be no networking of computers, and this would never happen.
A few will get this. Apologies to those who donā€™t.
Ford Bronco The gas shortage. E01A488F-6420-4A0E-AFBF-121F6C65B9E3

Sponsored

Cdrdan71

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is a fake shortage.

I mean, yeah the pipeline is busted, but there is gas in the USA and we have an interstate system and plenty of fuel tankers. It's only 40% of the east coast capacity and that can easily be supplemented by trucking in gas.

That means prices go up because cost to move the fuel goes up. It means some gas stations that are not part of major chains (Think Exxon vs that local no-name gas station) may not have access to gas because their normal means of acquiring it has run out, but the big chains are going to be trucking it in from four states away. especially if prices jump.

The only reason gas is running out is because people are crowding gas stations and emptying out what would normally last a week, in 24 hours.

I guess my insight was deleted- but this is very true.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gas Buddy .com or app

Is a great resource to find gas wherever you live.
yeah except it has been crashing since yesterday LOL... I went out Monday and got 15 gallons so I can cut my lawn at least while I might get stuck at home due to all the idiots making a run on fuel. Its more of an issue in the rural areas, all around me stations are dropping like flys.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We do however keep a strategic oil reserve just for events as this. While oil prices were low during the last 4 years,
It seems like you've gotten some bad information.

OIl prices dropped hard in Dec 2014 and have been low since then.

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/crude-oil

the strategic oil reserve was filled up, which is smart thinking. ;)
The Strategic Petroleum Reserve has a capacity of 714 million barrels. At the start of 2017, it was 97% full.

From 2017 to 2020, it was drained down to 634 million barrels, or down to about 89% full.

In March of 2020, a promise was made to fill the SPR "to the very top." There was a temporary spike to about 91.8%, then they began draining it again at the end of July.

It is currently down to 633 million barrels (88.6%), the lowest level it has been at in more than four years.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_ending_stocks_of_crude_oil_in_the_strategic_petroleum_reserve

Selling oil out of the SPR creates revenue for the government and increases supply to the public, temporarily pushing gas prices down, at the expense of the security the SPR provides.

So to be clear, the SPR was NOT filled up "during the past 4 years." It was consistently drained, mostly due to legislation passed in 2015/2016 and coming out of strategic reserve level studies completed in 2016.

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/weekly/archive/2016/161221/includes/analysis_print.php

Here's some more info if you'd like to read up on it:

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=35032

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Petroleum_Reserve_(United_States)

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is a fake shortage.

40% of eastern capacity is like losing all the oil flow for a decent sized European country. Thatā€™s like shutting off ALL flow in Canada at the same time.

I donā€™t think youā€™re giving enough credit for how many people live in the population area affected by this.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not all Mickey Ds has a dispenser..,just saying šŸ˜¬

oh God, heā€™s gonna give me all the mickeys Ds locations that does šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I like how you cherry pick your responses to what you can speak to and ignore all the other facts and substance. You do you man. Ignores any clarity and responds with whatever passes over those electrons...
Sponsored