First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
While we're on the topic of gas stations here's a friendly reminder for whoever needs to hear it.

Don't be that guy who fills up, leaves the car at the pump and spends 15 minutes perusing the boner pills. We all hate you. Fill up then park in front of the store. This is a society and not your private gas station, princess.
Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still have 300 rolls of toilet paper. Will be bartering for gasoline in a few weeks....😆😆 (sarcasm)

Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread would have devolved into politics but there wasn't enough gas to throw on the fire.
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

This is a Bronco forum, if you want to talk politics go eff off to Facebook.
I'm not on Facebook, so I have to do it here or at the grocery store.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you are worried about this, whatever you do... for the love of God, please don't look at your 401k right now.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I guess my insight was deleted- but this is very true.
I guess my insight was deleted- but this is very true.
I have been in the Petroleum storage and distribution business for 25 years. What you're saying is NOT entirely true. First off, the unbranded stations actually would be MORE likely to get their fuel from four states away than a branded station. Branded stations are obligated to meet that brands specifications.....sell only gas that contains that company's branded additive. Unbranded stations can get their gas from anywhere the price is cheapest or where ever they may be able to find a supply.

Assuming most petroleum facilities operate like my place does, at any given time we typically have less than a weeks worth of product on hand. Our pipeline operates on a 4-5 day cycle. So depending on the time of year/demand, by the time the cycle starts we are getting pretty low on the product they are sending up the pipeline. This all has to do with storage space restrictions and the daily average throughput. We have a team of schedulers that order the product based on the demands. It takes roughly 30 days from the time the product leaves the refinery to get to our facility in Virginia. So the schedulers have to anticipate what we will need 30 days ahead of time...for the most part. They are not going to be able intentionally order too much product in anticipation of an unforeseen event.

As far as sending these trucks to load at other facilities four states away...not really logistically possible. We have 150-200 trucks load at our facility every day (we are 1 of 3 terminals in just our little area). The legalities involved to get the carriers set up at other facilities would take at least several days (carrier access agreements, verification of insurance, DOT security plan, trailer vapor test verifications, driver certifications to load, etc....) Even if all that was taken care of, the facilities four states away are not going to have enough surplus to handle the influx of demand. On top of that, you now have thousands of big trucks trekking across four different states to get fuel and they themselves are having issues getting the diesel fuel they need to operate their own fleet.

But I am in full agreement with one thing......the general population and their swiftness to panic because there is a supply issue that COULD possibly create a shortage of any product and possibly briefly disrupt their lives, definitely is what contributes to said shortage. This has been the case with multiple items over the past year, no matter how obscure that item is.....including Broncos! LOL Think i'm gonna start a rumor there is a sex toy shortage......would be hilarious to see people fighting over dildos! :ROFLMAO:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While we're on the topic of gas stations here's a friendly reminder for whoever needs to hear it.

Don't be that guy who fills up, leaves the car at the pump and spends 15 minutes perusing the boner pills. We all hate you. Fill up then park in front of the store. This is a society and not your private gas station, princess.
Amen. Drives me bonkers. It's like they're in there shopping for the weeks groceries. WTF.

Common courtesy...adios!
Sponsored