Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of now, I have SAS on my BL and my order is in...because I’m not sure anyone has a definitive answer on the things you and I are asking. Just a lot of speculation (albeit pretty good educated speculation).

1) Does SAS really add much to the suspension/lift to a BL?
2) Will I need an aftermarket lift/mod to go from 33” to 35” tires or can I just swap them out immediately?
3) Does 4.7 really matter for 33” vs 35” for performance with how I’m going to use my Bronco?

As a slightly later res holder, I’m hoping that by the time my Bronco gets its VIN and is being scheduled to be built...some of these badass veteran wheelers will already have their BL Broncos, will have already tinkered with them, and made definitive guides on what you “can” and “can’t” do. At that point I can take SAS off my Bronco and throw on new wheels/35” tires aftermarket.

At the end of the day I’d rather be safe with SAS and the 35” tires I absolutely want....then guess wrong, go non-SAS, and end up having a slew of aftermarket work to do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$2500 for Sasquatch on badlands.
The cost for regearing your differentials will be nearly that.
Add in the lift and you are ahead with sas.

I like the sas rims but I understand wanting something different. Maybe you can sell them? Idk but replacing the non sas rims you would have the same thing.

SAS is worth it just for the gears and lift. Those alone will cost more in the aftermarket.
Dont need to regear the differentials. Ford already has differentials with both gears produced. Shouldnt cost more than $1k and closer to $500 to put in diff with 4.7 rather than 4.46...Its not R&D youre paying for here. Its a package. They had say 20000 4.46 diffs built and 20000 4.7s built (hypothetically speaking) and will sell them all. The cost to install one over the other is the same if you paid the same for each ring and pinion. So it should be a choice as to which YOU want? Both work from base model to FE. Nooooo Ford wants to charge you $2-3k more for a diff diff installed when youre installing one in it from the start...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That "lift" is a 10mm spacer on the bump stops. Which reduces wheel travel and give the SAS a slight lift. The BL has more wheel travel without it. Other than that, the "lift" is created by the bigger tires. That's it. The suspension ar virtually the same.

And as for the wheels you can get the upgraded forged beadlock capable wheels for $700. For 5. They are forged as Well and imo look better than the squatch wheels.
Where on the suspension could a 10mm spacer on a bump stop both limit travel and raise the vehicle height?

I can’t picture this.

Last edited:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well worth it TO ME. I am not one to get into the lifting / suspension rebuilds. I have had Raptors since 2010 because I loved the look . . . and, especially with the Gen 2, the ride is the best I have ever had in any vehicle. I have admitted before - it is almost totally for 'the look' . . . but due to the fact that I am the one making the payment for the next 36 months I think that is reason enough!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dont need to regear the differentials. Ford already has differentials with both gears produced. Shouldnt cost more than $1k and closer to $500 to put in diff with 4.7 rather than 4.46...Its not R&D youre paying for here. Its a package. They had say 20000 4.46 diffs built and 20000 4.7s built (hypothetically speaking) and will sell them all. The cost to install one over the other is the same if you paid the same for each ring and pinion. So it should be a choice as to which YOU want? Both work from base model to FE. Nooooo Ford wants to charge you $2-3k more for a diff diff installed when youre installing one in it from the start...
What it costs Ford to install one set of gears over another doesn’t matter. It’s what it costs the consumer afterward tobring to the same spec. $2-3k is not just gears. Its wheels, tires and fender flares as well.

I opted for Sasquatch on my Badlands because I like what it offers for the price. Others don’t and that’s fine. Sasquatch on Badlands is definitely more of a preference compared to the other trims.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bumpstop.
My point is I’ve never seen a bump stop increase height...

So I wondered if there was a different location on the suspension geometry that would both limit travel and increase height.

Any act to decrease range of movement that I can imagine will have a zero or negative effect on height.

I was hoping you could show me otherwise.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What it costs Ford to install one set of gears over another doesn’t matter. It’s what it costs the consumer afterward tobring to the same spec. $2-3k is not just gears. Its wheels, tires and fender flares as well.

I opted for Sasquatch on my Badlands because I like what it offers for the price. Others don’t and that’s fine. Sasquatch on Badlands is definitely more of a preference compared to the other trims.
Yes def a preference. I want badlands. But only reason I want ti is for the headlights. I can build build a Big Bend with all options except headlights for way cheaper except Ford decided that in order for me to upgrade to mid package which is strictly interior shit I can no longer have a 7spd manual? WTF? So NOW I have to step up to a Bad Lands for headlights only and have to pay $8-10k more because theyre shoving and forcing 4.7 and auto 4x4 on me? Rims and tires? Give me a break! I can buy better all day long than what theyre charging me for for cheaper.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My point is I’ve never seen a bump stop increase height...

So I wondered if there was a different location on the suspension geometry that would both limit travel and increase height.

Any act to decrease range of movement that I can imagine will have a zero or negative effect on height.

I was hoping you could show me otherwise.
Hey I didn't quite understand it either, but that is what a Ford engineer said when asked about the difference between the Badlands and the Sasquatch. I believe it was in one of the other threads about this. I could see why and how a 10 mil spacer would affect wheel travel... I suppose placement of it above or under the bump stop could determine lift as well if I really had to think hard on it

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're going manual transmission, then the value is not there to add Sas because BL already comes with 4.7 gears with the manual transmission. At that point you're paying $2500 for 35s and wider flares. If you're getting the automatic, then the value is there because you get 4.7 gearing.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I didn't quite understand it either, but that is what a Ford engineer said when asked about the difference between the Badlands and the Sasquatch. I believe it was in one of the other threads about this.
Wait. Are you referring to the comments made at CEL west?

Oh. Those have long since been considered incorrect/not the whole truth. (He also stated the rear windows on the 2-door mod top were not removable)

Yes, Sas has travel limiters, but there is also, according to the published specs, a 10mm increase in ride height beyond the distances in tire diameter.

Measurements at KOH put the Sas and BL at ostensibly the same height... which could still mean anything. Either the suspensions are exactly the same and the published specs are wrong, or differences in terrain/load/suspension settling all lead to there being no *practical* difference... or the person taking the measurements wasn’t able to be accurate enough...

There’s even some evidence that Sas gets different (taller) body mounts.

But all that is to say... at the time of this posting, it’s not safe to state that there is no difference in suspensions between Sas and BL other than bump stops. The jury is still out.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes def a preference. I want badlands. But only reason I want ti is for the headlights. I can build build a Big Bend with all options except headlights for way cheaper except Ford decided that in order for me to upgrade to mid package which is strictly interior shit I can no longer have a 7spd manual? WTF? So NOW I have to step up to a Bad Lands for headlights only and have to pay $8-10k more because theyre shoving and forcing 4.7 and auto 4x4 on me? Rims and tires? Give me a break! I can buy better all day long than what theyre charging me for for cheaper.
Differences between BB and BL are substantial. If you don’t need or want the differences then it is a tough decision. You get 33s, 4.7 gearing, goat modes, front and rear lockers, upgraded axles and suspension, MGV, advanced transfer case and ability to mid package and above with manual.

I agree that Badlands being the only trim you can get packages with and a manual is bad move by Ford. I guess Ford ran some numbers and concluded that they would make more money in the long run with people opting for Badlands or adding mid and auto or forgoing mid and maybe BD all together.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where on the suspension could a 10mm spacer both limit travel and raise the vehicle height?

I can’t picture this.
DEVIL'S ADVOCATE - the seat for the coil spring maybe? The spring can't compress more that it does and the spacer at the top pushes the lower arm down a touch?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the answer is simple: if you intend to keep the wheels and want auto, the gearing and wheels would cost more aftermarket and are worth the upgrade.

If you want different wheels, it isn’t.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait. Are you referring to the comments made at CEL west?

Oh. Those have long since been considered incorrect/not the whole truth. (He also stated the rear windows on the 2-door mod top were not removable)

Yes, Sas has travel limiters, but there is also, according to the published specs, a 10mm increase in ride height beyond the distances in tire diameter.

Measurements at KOH put the Sas and BL at ostensibly the same height... which could still mean anything. Either the suspensions are exactly the same and the published specs are wrong, or differences in terrain/load/suspension settling all lead to there being no *practical* difference... or the person taking the measurements wasn’t able to be accurate enough...

There’s even some evidence that Sas gets different (taller) body mounts.

But all that is to say... at the time of this posting, it’s not safe to state that there is no difference in suspensions between Sas and BL other than bump stops. The jury is still out.
Exactly, you just said it. There is too much evidence on both sides of the discussion to have it definitive answer. So we all have to decide which we want to believe and make our own decisions... That's the reason I got the Badlands with the upgraded wheels on 33s. Lol
Sponsored