Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
iconic silver gave me pause
I was on Iconic Silver for 8-9 months. And since my wife went out & bought a Lincoln Corsair in the same exact paint code, I've had a few weeks to admire it constantly. I think it'll look fabulous on Bronco. It will live up to its name & be truly timeless.

Alas, I didn't want color-twins in the garage, so the Bronco order was changed to AMB.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The second link works. Thanks for sharing. The light bar and pod lights look good on spied rig.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome from the Great Lake State.
Going up to Three Rivers this weekend, old Marine Corps buddies get together.
Can't seem to stay away from that State. Lol

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how did you feel about the Navy Pier in person?
I mistook it for Black at first, it is so dark.
It's the interior version of Antimatter Blue, lol.
(Upon reviewing the above statement, it occurs to me this would be a badass interior for AMB)
When I realized it was actually blue-ish, I did take a moment to observe the seats and dash, etc.
My thought was "Wait, this is the Navy Pier that everyone is in an uproar about?" I was expecting a much brighter blue.
Nothing about it upset me and the dash etc all worked together pretty well.
I wish I had paid more attention to the door panel where the exterior color accent, red in this case, is supposed to be.
Now I'll have to go back to the pics and see if I caught it.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on Iconic Silver for 8-9 months. And since my wife went out & bought a Lincoln Corsair in the same exact paint code, I've had a few weeks to admire it constantly. I think it'll look fabulous on Bronco. It will live up to its name & be truly timeless.

Alas, I didn't want color-twins in the garage, so the Bronco order was changed to AMB.
I'm normally not a silver or white guy, but these things look great in those colors .... and carbonized grey looks AWESOME in the pics I've seen and the F250 I saw in person, it was a really rich color.
It gave me pause at decision time.
I was AMB, VB or Carbon Grey.
Chose AMB.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mistook it for Black at first, it is so dark.
It's the interior version of Antimatter Blue, lol.
(Upon reviewing the above statement, it occurs to me this would be a badass interior for AMB)
When I realized it was actually blue-ish, I did take a moment to observe the seats and dash, etc.
My thought was "Wait, this is the Navy Pier that everyone is in an uproar about?" I was expecting a much brighter blue.
Nothing about it upset me and the dash etc all worked together pretty well.
I wish I had paid more attention to the door panel where the exterior color accent, red in this case, is supposed to be.
Now I'll have to go back to the pics and see if I caught it.
So its not nearly as offensive as everyone seems to think it sounds like.

No exterior color on interior door of the 4dr btw. 2dr only.

Thanks for the review and photos.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, on a whim, HoosierMomma, HoosierDaughter and I packed up some over night bags and road tripped to Wayne, Mi approx. 3.5 to 4 hours away. We left N. Indiana around 7pm Sunday and stayed at a Hotel in Ann Arbor that I am familiar with. This gave us an oppurtunity to drive around U of M, having to share the streets at Midnight with only a shitload of cops.
HoosierDaughter has taken a liking to U of M because of the swag I bring back from my annual training trips there.
We grubbed on some late night Jimmy Johns ...with several cops, and then we went back to the room and slept.

I had made a reservation to tour the Bronco at 11am Monday at Jack Demmer Ford.
Turns out the only folks I interacted with were the Ford corporate Bronco folks, so I cannot speak to how the local staff was, but I do give deep THANKS to Demmer Ford for giving us this opportunity.

The Bronco on display was the Rapid Red Outer Banks , 4 door, non-Squatch that has been posted here numerous times. I have very little to add, no real new information, but I'll add what I can anyways. Slightly bummed there wasn't a 2 door on hand, but whatever.

I was there for a VERY SHORT amount of time. One trip around the truck and I knew I was 100% good to buy. That was about all I needed....and I wanted to sit in one !!! LOL

Where I was wrong:
1. I have not been a fan of the painted flares, but on this rig, in this color they looked great. I've made a few posts ripping on them, I think I may have to stop that for the time being until I see all the colors in person.

2. The 32's looked just fine also. I was a bit shocked how good the truck looked over all. I truly didn't expect to like the look of the 32's, but they were OK. Now I'm really curious how the Base will look....not that I'll NOT get 33's right away LOL.

Expectations met:
I have read numerous times that the first impression was that the Bronco was bigger than expected. I'm not sure about that, I have a 69 Bronco, so I guess it felt "just right" to me.
It did have a certain presence about it, and this is where those 32's come in, the proportions are fantastic.
The few minutes I was checking out the interior, I thought it looked fine. In the drivers seat, I felt just a touch snugger than our Outback...maybe. Nothing leapt out at me that felt "wrong" ...except maybe the speedo/dash, but nothing was lit at that point, so it's hard telling.
Floor liners look pretty good, I'm ordering them.
I left the front seat most of the way back and got in back and fit just fine ...5-9, 200lbs.

Expectation overshoot:
OH. MY. GOD. , the body lines in person!!!
Being VERY familiar with the Classic Broncos body lines, even with the dip in the door, THIS THING IS A FREAKING BRONCO!!!

Watching the soft top actuation was pretty cool. Still don't want one for here in Indiana though.

The gap between the 32" tire and the crash bar is around 3 or 3 1/4 inches. One crash bar was 3, the other was 3 1/4. The tires were straight at this point.

and some gratuitous pics.
2nd link
(HEY, CHECK OUT ^^^^^ the pics of the HUGE train engine. Hoosierdaughter was standing in the same spot in the three pics...she's 5-2.)
After the Ford dealer we cruised the area, saw a camo'd test Maverick and a few misc. Squatches. Then we visited the Ford museum, the pics are in the link. There are more to add yet also.

1616466635259.png

1616466817191.png

1616466717481.png

1616466762713.png
Very similar takes to you, glad you got to come visit and check out the Bronco!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great pics; sounds like a great day.
And though we're all noticing the pod lights and light bar...I can't help but note what appears to be a leftover Focus RS demo...

Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. 1616512956776

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So at 5'9", how difficult was entry/egress? Was there any hopping involved? :D

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey, it looks like they built my A51 BB 2dr, thanks for the pics, It's probably on the way now!!
Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. IMG_20210322_135553266

Edit:

On closer examination I see the have to pry off that accessory crap (flaps, door guards, hood thingy) before they send it my way.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a Base 2dr in Race Red got shuffled into that folder. I did not actually see it, the pic was dl'd from here.

The Sasquatch was Race Red also.
Sponsored