• Sasquatch Package (35 Inch Tires)
  • Lux Package
  • Front and Rear Lockers
  • Rock Rails
  • Marine Vinyl Interior
  • Hard Top
  • Rubberized Floor Drains
  • Rack

Feel free to post your ideal overland Bronco build. Would you get the 2.3 over the 2.7 for fuel efficiency? Would you get the Badlands for overlanding? Would 35 inch tires be ideal for overlanding? Post your ideal overland Bronco builds and mention why it would be ideal from your perspective. Thanks!
Sponsored

BroncoJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is My Ideal Overland Bronco Build:
-Badlands Trim
  • 4 Door
  • 2.3 EcoBoost (For Fuel Efficiency)
  • 10 Speed Automatic
  • Lux Package
  • Front and Rear Lockers
  • Rock Rails
  • Marine Vinyl Interior
  • Hard Top
  • Rack

Feel free to post your ideal overland Bronco build. Would you get the 2.3 over the 2.7 for fuel efficiency? Would you get the Badlands for overlanding? Would 35 inch tires be ideal for overlanding? Post your ideal overland Bronco builds and mention why it would be ideal from your perspective. Thanks!
I'm thinking about doing the same minus the squanch. Leaning towards 2.7 but would like to see the mpg numbers.

I'm not sure if I would like the 35s on long road trips and for what I do im not sure I would need them. Can also easily upgrade to 35s with the badlands I think.

Would like to add a dual battery setup and maybe some solar panels. Curious to see all of the accessories.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is My Ideal Overland Bronco Build:
-Badlands Trim
  • 4 Door
  • 2.3 EcoBoost (For Fuel Efficiency)
  • 10 Speed Automatic
  • Lux Package
  • Front and Rear Lockers
  • Rock Rails
  • Marine Vinyl Interior
  • Hard Top
  • Rack

I think your spot on... with overlanding its always about "worst case scenario" get every thing you can afford, lockers, front disconnect, add a winch )... Badlands fits the bill... I'll keep preaching this.... you may never use it however just one rescue expense (time as much as $$... hours and hours) on a remote trail and you will wish you had the option.
I will go with the 2.7 just to have the extra power (will always fill up before hitting the trail!) and store a backup can of gas.. "just in case" on the rack (more for anyone I come across that is in need) however I get what your saying about the 2.3 from just a $$ point of view

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with you on just about everything but the lux package. The addition tech can lower reliability and adaptive cruise control with lane keep assist is not for me. I know you don’t have to use it but than why pay for it. The only thing I see worth having is the B&O sound system.

I also want to see MPG number on both engines. Also, I would like to see mpg with and without 35” but I don’t think that will happen. 33” will be fine for most places I plan to go.

Last edited:

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- Badlands
- 33’s
- 2.3L manual (in case you need to crawl with a full load, will be getting a tune and engine upgrades)
- Mid package
- Hard top
- Roof rack (probably a closed Thule for tent/bags/clothes)
- Tow hitch (for carrying rack if needed)

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking to build my Bronco for Overlanding as well. Glad there is a forum for this. This is what I plan on getting rn:

1. Badlands
  2. 2-Door
  3. 2.3L
  4. Manual
  5. High Package (Really like the 12" screen and 360 deg camera)
  6. 33" Beadlock Capable wheels
I also plan on using this as a DD so I went with the High Package. I want to avoid adding too much aftermarket stuff so I went with the Badlands. Based on what I hear, the 2 door has a good amount of space (more than the Jeep) so I should be able to fit all the gear I need, especially if I add a rooftop carrier.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice thread topic OP. Your build is basically what I'll be doing save for a few differences.

I'm going with
2 door
Badlands
Sasquatch
Lux Package
Roof Rack
Keeping Vinyl (light color)

Think 35s are not good for true overlanding as no one in Australia, Africa, most of South America (Trans America Trail), run tires that big. If you go down a tire, would be close to impossible to replace. Lowers overall range of vehicle due to high rolling resistance, 35s are more for rock crawling, not overlanding.

I plan to mostly rock crawl lightly and do wooded trails since I live in the Deep South, but do plan to overland the vehicle out West and to Colorado after a year or so. 2.7 is for trips mostly not fast wheeling. I can live with the trade offs of rolling the Sasquatch and know the MPG will be likely only in the mid teens.

Will stick with the 2 door as there will only be an additional passenger with me on trails and will use the roof rack for extra storage and my Maxtraxx, etc.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4 door Badlands, 33s, 2.7, A10, modular hard top, High Package unless they split it out for 360. other options depending on pricing or wait for aftermarket externals.

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Badlands
- 33’s
- 2.3L manual (in case you need to crawl with a full load, will be getting a tune and engine upgrades)
- Mid package
- Hard top
- Roof rack (probably a closed Thule for tent/bags/clothes)
- Tow hitch (for carrying rack if needed)
I am thinking about going the manual and tune route as well. I have tuned my other cars. What are the tune options For the 2,3L?

qwertisk

Base
First Name
qwertisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m new to overlanding, what do you guys think of the black diamond just as it comes for overlanding. 32s rear locks marine vinyl seats and all that other stuff

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m new to overlanding, what do you guys think of the black diamond just as it comes for overlanding. 32s rear locks marine vinyl seats and all that other stuff
Watching this...

I've been wanting to get into overlanding for the last year or so and the Bronco is gonna be my gateway, intrigued to know what people's views on builds are, I've only reserved a Big Bend as I'm trying to stay under $40k...But I was going with Sasquatch mainly for the lockers etc, if they can be had separate without the package that could be an option!

I can't wait for next month and the build and price!

Ash

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's very workable. Pack enough stuff to be comfortable, and get yourself out of probable trouble, then have a good time. Ideally, travel in a group with at least one other vehicle.

The only multi-day, point-to-point trail run (overlanding?) I've done was in a stock GMC Canyon. The only mod I did was skid plates (used them a lot!) I had not even taken the side steps off, so they inevitably got bent, and scrapped after that trip. Point is, I had fun.

I will add though, it was less stressful taking the truck off road after a 3.5" lift, and going up a tire size. Less belly dragging, and less feeling like I needed a spotter for every rocky bit.

Ford Bronco The Ideal Overland 2021 Bronco Build _nc_ohc=c-vuUi6acn0AX_mxf40&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1
Sponsored